Bangladesh in Sri Lanka

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Bangladesh have hit back with 2 quick wickets to Shahadat Hossain. Now hopefully they can continue this.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hossain is a pretty good talent for Bangla.
I hope Bangladesh can go on with this and get right back into this.

Animator!

School Cricketer
They're not hopeless, that's a ridiculously statement to make. They beat some good sides in the World Cup, and the side clearly is young and has bags of talent and potential, but because of their youth they can be open to things like this happening. They need time to blend together etc.

I'm sick of people jumping down smaller sides necks just because they get rolled out for not many once or twice, especially after achieveing what Bangladesh did in the World Cup.

Animator!

School Cricketer
So you really expect a developing Cricket side, and developing nation that is set back by natural tragedies every year, to haul themselves us to being very good standard in a few years.

Get a grip.

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
This match is tragic for Bangladesh...
Let's hope the bounce back in the next game more strongly and win at least one ODI :)

usy

Chairman of Selectors
They're not hopeless, that's a ridiculously statement to make. They beat some good sides in the World Cup, and the side clearly is young and has bags of talent and potential, but because of their youth they can be open to things like this happening. They need time to blend together etc.

I'm sick of people jumping down smaller sides necks just because they get rolled out for not many once or twice, especially after achieveing what Bangladesh did in the World Cup.

ofcorse they are!! in this match, and it's a test Match aswell!

Who looks at 2007 WC? it's gone :p

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The trouble is, you wonder how a team can sometimes defeat or pressure good teams and yet still grants centuries (or worse) to tailenders.

That equation does not easily balance. I think it says more about the condition of the top sides when they get beaten than it does the realisation of Bangladesh's talent. All the same, it's probably not a bad thing that a bunch of teenagers and 21 year olds can only compete with the elite when they let the pressure off.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
If Sri Lanka want they can go on and bat for 1.000 runs. :rolleyes: But I don't think they will do that.

Vaas is nearing on his first Test century. He is now on 78 runs. And this is also his highest Test score.

Recluse

School Cricketer
I've noticed Sri Lanka have just broken their national record for the highest seventh wicket partnership. Previous highest was Tillakaratne and Dilshan (194) vs India in 2001.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Poor Bangladesh. Hope they can salvage some pride in the second innings, at least. Also, this is the first match under Ashraful so I would give them a chance to grow a little.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
100 for Vaas it's become a get your free milestone test match. I hope Bangladesh put up a better fight with the bat this time.

Users who are viewing this thread