96.6 KB · Views: 180
Pro cam in nets...
For both bowling and batting....

With
Sight screen
Extremely important.

Eagerly waiting
Happy waiting...
As in I hope your waiting is miserable....

Just hate this kind of post....yes I am a grumpy c@nt but dont care...just shows an utter disregard imo of the massive work and involvement of the community ba are undertaking; feedback is one thing but just requesting more and more and more is selfish and childish; ba are involving us to help them develop the game each step of the way. Some people need to realise what a public beta proces is.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Been playing a bit more in nets and have a few observations which may well be down to my a) stupidity or b) inability to play the game.

Firstly, I'm really struggling to get the scoop onto the legside, when I play it it always, even with perfect timing and footwork, goes right over the stumps to the keeper or towards first slip. I cannot get it fine leg direction at all. Anyone else found this?

Secondly, when spin bowling I'm confused by the need to rotate the stick in different directions for a single type of delivery. For example, when bowling off spin with a right handed bowler I'd always expect to rotate the stick >>> as that's the direction of the spin but with normal and bounce i'm prompted to rotate <<< and only with flight am I prompted to rotate >>>. I would say that irrespective of the flighting of an offspin delivery I should be rotating the ball >>>. Is this a thing or am I just off my nut with sleep deprivation?

Been playing a bit more in nets and have a few observations which may well be down to my a) stupidity or b) inability to play the game.

Firstly, I'm really struggling to get the scoop onto the legside, when I play it it always, even with perfect timing and footwork, goes right over the stumps to the keeper or towards first slip. I cannot get it fine leg direction at all. Anyone else found this?

Secondly, when spin bowling I'm confused by the need to rotate the stick in different directions for a single type of delivery. For example, when bowling off spin with a right handed bowler I'd always expect to rotate the stick >>> as that's the direction of the spin but with normal and bounce i'm prompted to rotate <<< and only with flight am I prompted to rotate >>>. I would say that irrespective of the flighting of an offspin delivery I should be rotating the ball >>>. Is this a thing or am I just off my nut with sleep deprivation?
For scoop you need the ball to be at a good length and need that bounce to place it fine.

And for spinning you can rotate to whatever direction for rotation to spin the ball..

That's because the suggested rotation direction is basically to keep moving in the direction you're already going - so the movement for flight/bounce start taking you in different directions around the controller, hence getting the different prompt.

Guys I am encountering steam error while starting the game (Doesn't matter if I start from inside the steam menu or from the DBC icon on desktop), please help. I guess my pc specs are fine too. Thank you.

error.PNG
dasdasd.PNG
LOOL.PNG

Have you tried to verify the game cache?

On Steam, find the game in the list, right click>properties, local files tab, verify integrity of demo cache.

If this doesn't work, I don't know what else to try, but this solves quite a few issues I've had with Steam games before.

@Madman I was going to suggest the same.

I think we should have a separate thread for issues, leaving this one for direct feedback on what people think works/doesn't game wise.

Had my first opportunity to try spin bowling in the nets and I must say it is really nice in the main. The amount of turn is gratifying given how slight it was in DBC14. What I haven't quite been able to detect is the variance that the flight and bounce controls introduce...they appear to produce very similar deliveries (this might be easier to see when playing a match and you get the end of over flight tracking...but to my eye most deliveries look the same). The other thing, which I have mentioned before, is the way that using a bounce or flight tweak can reverse the direction that you need to spin the ball. I know that people have said that you can rotate LS in either direction but if you rotate in the opposite direction to the arrows, you don't get the revs and get 'weak' spin input feedback. Would there be a way of just fixing the direction of rotation (or making it a config option)?...I can't see the advantage of this being a variable particularly if you intend to bowl with no HUD.

Otherwise, spin feels really good and I can't wait to try it out in match situations with different pitch types.

I am quite happy that the rotations are user chosen rather than fixed. I find it easier by far to rotate anti clockwise. In db14 I could only bowl with leg spinners or sla as the rotations were that way.

I am quite happy that the rotations are user chosen rather than fixed. I find it easier by far to rotate anti clockwise. In db14 I could only bowl with leg spinners or sla as the rotations were that way.
That's my point...I also find it easier to rotate anti-clockwise...but with the DBC17 approach you sometimes need to rotate clockwise for wrist spin deliveries whilst others are anti-clockwise. If there was just an option that you could use to set the direction you rotate LS rather than it being variable...it would be a lot more understandable. I can't quite work out the design intent behind it being variable.

Guys I am encountering steam error while starting the game (Doesn't matter if I start from inside the steam menu or from the DBC icon on desktop), please help. I guess my pc specs are fine too. Thank you.
You are running a 32 bit version of Windows, the game requires you to be using a 64-bit version.

I know that people have said that you can rotate LS in either direction but if you rotate in the opposite direction to the arrows, you don't get the revs and get 'weak' spin input feedback.
Can you post a video of this occuring?

You 100% should be able to rotate in either direction - with the goal being to rotate back to the point you started the rotations in a smooth manner timing the completion of a rotation with the release of the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread