Batting and Bowling Nets now available in the Cricket Academy

Has anyone tried batting against spin on legendary?

Just had an awesome ball, wish I recorded it. Flight took it just past the bat, spin took it back to the stumps. Perfect footwork, timing and shot, just beaten.

Spin is on another level now.

Has anyone tried batting against spin on legendary?

Just had an awesome ball, wish I recorded it. Flight took it just past the bat, spin took it back to the stumps. Perfect footwork, timing and shot, just beaten.

Spin is on another level now.
I have been playing..It's great experience playing spin..Can't wait to play spin in career reading the spin surviving the session... Great work by BA..

I have not played the game yet because I don't have a pc. But seriously guys the spin looks amazing atleast from all the videos I got my hands on to. Has anyone uploaded left arm finger spin bowling after the update? That is one bowling type I have not seen yet.

Can you post a video of this occuring?

You 100% should be able to rotate in either direction - with the goal being to rotate back to the point you started the rotations in a smooth manner timing the completion of a rotation with the release of the ball.
@MattW I attach a video showing the situation. Right arm wrist spin. The standard leg break you rotate LS anti-clockwise (ball 1 in the video). Top spin (ball 2), however defaults to clockwise rotation...and opposing this gives low revs and weak input (ball 3). Applying flight (ball 4) changes the direction of rotation back to anti-clockwise, whereas applying bounce (ball 5) changes it to clockwise. Things get stranger with deliveries after about 1:15 mins where applying flight now seems to require either clockwise or anti-clockwise rotation.

I don't know whether it would be simpler just to have this as a config setting where the player can pick their preference for direction of rotation when bowling spin. It's not a great issue in the nets because you have a HUD...but it could be frustrating not knowing which way to rotate when in a match with no HUD.

I feel the doosra spin should be reduced a little bit..Slight turn rather than an offspinner like turn for a leg spinner's doosra feels too much..And cut the drift on the doosra as well..

legspinner's doosra as in googly? googlies always turn a lot, almost as much as an offspinner!
Talking for all type of spinners..It should be more of the slight change of path not a big turn..I agree with leg spinner, Piyush Chawala is one who bowls googlies as majority and turn very well but should be similar to offspin turn as you are rotating from back of the hand to bowl googly..In between proper offbreak spin and straight delivery would be good IMO [For highest skill in googly or doosra]..

googlies i have seen ones that turn really well as well with flight and dip like the above vid, though i would expect that of only really skilled ones like warne, quadir types!

I feel the doosra spin should be reduced a little bit..Slight turn rather than an offspinner like turn for a leg spinner's doosra feels too much..And cut the drift on the doosra as well..
bro, googly turns more than doosra

can anyone plz help me
i am not able to run dbc 17 demo through steam
when i open the game first it shows bigant logo screen then dbc 17 version 0.0.68 screen and after that nothing happens
screen blacks out with just the cursor showing
game freezes
my laptop specs are - 4 gb ram , 2 gb nvidia 820m graphic card nd processor speed 1.7ghz upto 2.7ghz
i think these are enough to run the game
anyone else had the same problem
plz tell me the solution

Talking for all type of spinners..It should be more of the slight change of path not a big turn..I agree with leg spinner, Piyush Chawala is one who bowls googlies as majority and turn very well but should be similar to offspin turn as you are rotating from back of the hand to bowl googly..In between proper offbreak spin and straight delivery would be good IMO [For highest skill in googly or doosra]..
I think the main point is that degree and speed of turn should not be a constant linked to the selected delivery. It should be affected by pitch conditions, the speed of delivery, amount of flight, the revs and which part of the ball impacts with the surface. I want to be able to bowl deliveries that turn square on some (rare) occasions when all of these align (whether it is conventional spin or the 'wrong un') and at other times the turn will be less or slower...again depending on all of the factors that govern turn, not just the selected delivery. I think if we can get this in DBC17, playing spinners will take on greater tactical importance. In DBC14 I can open a test match with a spinner on a flat pitch or I can bring him on on day 5...and pretty much will produce the same deliveries and turn.

@grkrama thanks for the Abdul Qadir video...my favourite bowler of all time.

Totally agree on your points guys..Like you guys say depending on factors the variations should work similar to real life...But the nets session is way too much fun playing spin...The amount of speed you get on flighted deliveries is just too good..The dip and turn, that stuff just cannot get old, its gold..

And the max RPM difference between the amount of flight given is spot on..

Last edited:
Managed t get it to run on my laptop by getting rid of all the graphical flair. Very excited by the spin bowling. I batted against it first of all and an offie actual turned the ball into me. Gets you straight of the DB14 mindset. The new bowling mechanic takes a bit of getting used to but I definitely think it's going to be much better/easier once I get out of all the habits I've trained myself into for DB14.

One thing I have noticed is that I put my measurements to imperial coz MPH is better than KPH (obvs) but the speeds have defaulted back to KPH although the display says MPH unless the spinners are actually bowling at high sventies and the fast bowler is bowling at 140 MPH.

The latest update is amazing! Spin feels more "realistic" as there is less drift and actual turn of the pitch! Great job Ross and team :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread