Best wicketkeeper

best wicketkeeper

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well Adam Gilchrist is the best batsmon who is a wicket kepper. but the question I thought was who is the best wicket keeper?

but yeah he still is the best WK too I guess

Adam Gillchrist is the Best Wicket-Keeper Batsman in the world, without a doubt - and that is why he is in the australian team, if it were up to the Australian selectors to pick a wicket-keeper for being a purley good glove man they would probably select either Adam Crosthwaite(Vic.) or Gillchrist's WA replacement Ryan Cambell-Who without a doubt is the best glove man in australia, and a very under-rated player

Last year Australia's best wicket-keeper was Darren Berry, he was easily the best glovesman in Australia. If Australia were looking for a wicket-keeper purely based on the gloves and nothing to do with the bat, then Berry would of been in the team for sure

the best wicket keeper was kaluwitharan(spelling) he was one of the best with his stumping and etc'

Darren berry has also retired and had the worst attitude in Australia, he was voted the the best wicketkeeper because of his great captaining abilities. Once again it seems the replacement statewicket keepers are better.
Kaluwithurana was also a great wicketkeeper but i think sangakarra could be better-he just has to learn a little still, i think sri lanka rely on him too much with the bat, which puts pressure on him to perform well in two areas of the game.
Another wicketkeeper who could have been very good was pativ patel though i think he also fell into thinking that he needed to be a wicketkeeper batsmen.

azzurri982 said:
Darren berry has also retired and had the worst attitude in Australia, he was voted the the best wicketkeeper because of his great captaining abilities.

Worst attitude in Australia how?

Gilchrist is FLOGGING>

id vote 4 Gilchrist easily. but i dont think McCullum is all that bad either....

but this poses the question: who will be the wicket keeper 4 the World XI next year (assuming Australia comes out on top of the tables)????

sangakarra will play 4 the world xi because he has the potential to be as potent as gilchrist with the bat and the gloves, and he is probably the only player who knows how muralitharan bowls.

& in relation 2 the darren berry case-he had the worst attitude in australia because he thought he was one of the best but managed nothing in his over-rated career

azzurri982 said:
sangakarra will play 4 the world xi because he has the potential to be as potent as gilchrist with the bat and the gloves, and he is probably the only player who knows how muralitharan bowls.

So what if he knows how Murali bowls?He'll be playing in the same team as Murali,right?
:p

yes he will but what i'm trying to say is that you would not have someone like kamran akmal or geraint jones wicketkeeping to a bloke who usually gives them problems with the bat-& lets not 4 get that if a wicketkeeper has problems in that department with a particular bowler,they are almost certain to have problems against them with the gloves

Users who are viewing this thread