The 2nd best wicketkeeper batsman in the World

2nd best wk-batsman in the world currently?

• Total voters
Sangakarra by far , he is a vital clog in sri lankas line up , won plenty of matches for sri-lanka , and a good finesher , who gets the run-rate up at the end , a fine , fine batsmen-wicketkeeper.

Brendon McCullum is a up and coming player. Has a very all round game with bat and gloves but Kumara Sangakkara currently is the 2nd best. His achievements speak for itself.

gerraint will come good, great striker of a cricket ball. I think he will hit the scene big time in a year or two

who ever has made this thread he must be out of his mind

There is no comparison at all,

Kumar sangakkara will win by a long way

Gerant jones is not even close to being a batsman

In current international regulars, Kumar Sangakarra wins by miles. There is really no comparison.

Maybe Dhoni might be as good as time goes on and he gets a few more innings. Boucher used to be 2nd best from late 90s up until I would say 2002. Sangakarra was just sligtly less capable when compared to boucher back then. And with JKalu and him competing we didnt see much back then. Now Kumar is a regular and I have toe say that he is by far the 2nd best.

What is Geraint Jones even doing in this poll? He certainly cant be the second best wicketkeeper, he also has a lot to prove like Dhoni or Akmal.

Sangakkara wins easily over the likes of Boucher or McCullum. His batting is lightyears ahead of Boucher or McCullum, and his keeping is pretty good aswell. Boucher and McCullum just stick around with the bat but are also pretty good wicketkeepers. My Opinion: Kumar Sangakkara

I'd go for McCullum of the options but i feel that dravid (not to forget that he was a makeshift keeper) is the second best after gilchrist.

Geraint Jones is a batsman wicketkeeper. And this is exactly why he is being preferred to Chris Read who is flawless with the gloves. And dont forget Jones contributions with the bat last summer and also in South Africa.

And I too believe he is going to improve in the coming years.

Last edited:
Kumar Sangakarra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the thing thats different about Sangakarra is that he came in as a batsmen and then became a keeper. Hes played so many matches where kalu was keeper.

I always though Ian healy might be the best keeper ever , or the second best. Not the forget the west Indian dunjon , full of charactors and take a lot of pride. You've missed 2 people out in the poll.

Users who are viewing this thread