The 2nd best wicketkeeper batsman in the World

2nd best wk-batsman in the world currently?

• Total voters
stick with patel?

and what about karthick and dhoni, never give them their deserved chances.

i think patel should have not been picked at 17, should have been allowed more cricket for u-19 and first class, to develop skills.

he could have then been much better now, and could have benn long term prospect

Yes I agree but I guess he needed to be picked. India needed a keeper and i dont think Dravid was the man. Remember what happened to the likes of Alec Stewart and Andy Flower who were over burdened. Yes Kartick and Dhoni are good but the selectors picked Patel first and they should of stuck with him

that'll be unfair adavantage to patel.

this way irfan, bala shud have never been picked
selectors should have stuck with agarkar, zaheer, nehra

and why are raina, rao, yadav selceted, why not agrakar,m.kartik,mongia

I'm not saying any combination is wrong and any combination is right. I believe that if the selectors pick someone they've got to back them 100% and develop them. If after 10-15 tests there not playing as expected more first-class cricket is needed. What does it say about the selectors and the country if the keep chopping and changing

Well ppl who are moaning about comparing India's no.1 with Aussie No.2 ,it was to simply put forward that so many ppl are putting Haddin in there so why not Dhoni .
He has a better record than Haddin atleast till now(same nos of matches).

Also dont say Haddin has a very good first class record.COs if that would have been the parameter then Graeme Hick would have been the best and not Sachin.

Of all the current lot who have played for an year the second best has to be Taibu.The second best keeper batsman -McCuullum,the second best batsman keeper-Sangakara.

I like Taibu he is a fine talent but he is clearly in the wrong spot at the wrong time. He cant bat, keep and captain the side. Its been tried and proven it doesnt work. If he works with the right people then he'll be a fine cricketer.

he can bat,bowl,keep,captain,field,... everything

if he becomes commentator, umpire, coach, icc president,.....he will become everything in cricket

Best in all time is Flower. Gilly is second. Taibu is third overall-Sangakkara for batting and Boucher for keeping.

well you said the all time best wicketkeeper is Flower, 2nd best ever is Gilchrist, then something i didn't understand after that

squiz said:
well you said the all time best wicketkeeper is Flower, 2nd best ever is Gilchrist, then something i didn't understand after that
Well alltime best keeper/batsmen is Flower, followed by Gilly. Taibu is a pretty good captain and can bowl, so is probabley the best allround keeper currently. For the poll either Boucher or Sangakkara, in different ways.
I don't blame you for being confused, I didn't understand it either:p

Wat i cant understand is how sanga missed out on the superseries test squad. He's only in the oneday squad which i think is fairly dodgy. Murali is obviously going to play in all the 3 ODI's and defntely the 6 day test and wouldn't you want someone who can keep properly to him? Who better than sanga he's got an awesome record and especially in a World 11 side u wouldn't expect him to bat at 3 so he'll be more than useful at 6 or even 7.

I reckon the selectors, with all due respect got that one wrong

Users who are viewing this thread