The 2nd best wicketkeeper batsman in the World

2nd best wk-batsman in the world currently?

• Total voters
Kennedy Otieno and Khaled Mashud????? Kenya aren't a test playing nation, so thats him ruled out. No offence meant, but Bangladesh have to be the worst excuse for a test nation ever.
That aside, you also can't judge a player on a year or two of 1st class and test/odi experience.
Kumara, Boucher, Gilchrist etc have been there for ages and proven time and time again they are pure class in both the one day arena as well as the test arena.
With regards Haddin, unfortunately he's only proved himself in 1st class cricket as have many. Remember many players have proven themselves domestically, but failed to produce internationally (Mark Ramprakash was one). Although I've yet to come across an Aussie that doesn't have the strength of mind...and I'm South African :)

Kumar Sangakkara closely followed by Mark Boucher . I feel Boucher is a very under-rated wicket-keeper . If he would have played in the pre-Gilchrist era, he would have been called as the best wicket keeper batsman due to the sheer number of matches he has turned with the bat , batting in the lower order .
For wicketkeeper batsmen to look out for in the near future , India`s M.S.Dhoni could be one alongwith Pakistan`s Kamran Akmal .
India have 2 decent wicketkeeper batsmen now . D.Kaarthik for tests and Dhoni for ODIs . Remember Kaarthik`s match winning 94 against Pakistan at Kolkata earlier this year .
If anyone saw Dhoni`s hard-hitting 148 off 123 balls against Pakistan in only his 5th ODI innings, I bet they would not deny his hard-hitting talents . The guy had a chance to score 200 but the heat of Vizag did him in. It remainst to be seen whether he can perform consistently for India . Now that he is opening the innings in the absence of Tendulkar, its a great chance for him to preove himself yet again and solve a giant preoblem for India all these years . Iam also amazed byy the fact that Dhoni`s 148 against Pakistan has not gathered much attention from the cricket world apart from Indian and Pakistani viewers . I bet that if it had been scored by G.Jones, the innings would be talked about even now .
Kamran Akmal is another future prospect . In fact he has already proved himself under the Indo-Pak pressure by scoring the superb 100 at Mohali to save th match . He also scored a 100 against the West Indies in the VB Series .

jones has 0 votes

you compare ind no.1 with aus no.2,
Can players be compared on averages, really.
Gilchrist has nearly equal ODI avg (35.55) and lower strike rate (95) to Dhoni
so isn't dhoni nearly as good as gilchrist.
there is no way haddin can be compared to dhoni.

dhoni has not been tested a lot anyway so he can't be considered better than gilly. acutally you can't even compare.

I think McCullum has been playing well as a wk and batsman.Somehow,Kumar seems to be a better batsman when he's not keepin.So McCullum does both jobs well

NO "DHONI"(from India) ...just kidding .....i think Brendon McCullum is good wk batsman

Dhoni has played well but,he's not palyed a test or even ten odis(most against Bangladesh).So its not enough time to asses him fully.

2nd best keeper batsman would have to be a toss up between Andy Flowe, Brad Haddin and Kumar Sangakkara

he got 19 runs at 9.5avg aginst bangla(3 odis) and 43avg against Pak so he's done better against better opposition

Ashish_Nehra said:
he got 19 runs at 9.5avg aginst bangla(3 odis) and 43avg against Pak so he's done better against better opposition

It's just too soon to judge him. 9 ODI's doesn't make a good player. Just like one hundred doesn't make a good batsman. Give Dhoni his due. He's batting at 3 which only strengthens the team with regards to having a keeper that can bat.

Gilchrist has played 219 ODI's and 68 tests. Averaging 36 (sr 95) in ODI's and 55 (sr 83) in Tests.

Lets see if Dhoni has the same stats at that stage.

was he a keeper or a batsman( or none or 50/50)

if parthiv can be in list, then DRAVID is easily the best WK-Bat

I think people thought too much of Patel too early. He was young, raw and inexperienced and at times looked lost, confused and lonely. He was thrust into a difficult role very early and paid the ultimate price. I think the selectors should have stuck with young patel, maybe got him to work with Rod Marsh or Ian Healy or some keeper and helped him develop his skills

Users who are viewing this thread