Big Ant Review System (BARS) "Sneak Peek"

How much reviews will you have at the beggining of the match

Knowing how generous they have been with the customization, I wont be surprised if we get a option to select the number of reviews before start of a match.

Rodd! Just a question regarding BARS, Will there be vibration for all the edges?

You almost always feel the vibration when you edge it. I hope you have played some real cricket and have some knowledge about it.

I think Ross confirmed that tiny edges might not vibrate at all. But basically, you'll know if you hit it.

Mike had already confirmed that not all edges would be in the window where there would be an audible distinguishable noise + Vibration. So the faint edges would neither cause the vibration nor would they trigger a distinguishable sound.

----------

How much reviews will you have at the beggining of the match

You can choose how many reviews you wanna keep in the Match Designer.

----------

One thing I doubted that BA14's third umpire decision will display on big screen or not?? :(

Dont know what matches you watch, but I have never seen a DRS based decision being given on the big screen. Thats only for Run Outs. Even dubious catches referred to the third umpire are given out or not out by the on-field umpires after consultation with the third umpire.

----------

Seeing as the fielder is already celebrating, I assume he's seen the decision on the big screen already, and the umpire is just confirming it.

That umpire bit was taken from a separate recording and was not a part of the decision given through DRS, as confirmed by Ross.

Could we get that guy out of here? He's had his fair share of fun, time to move on.

in BARS there should be image of crowds as well right? why it takes only the batsman?

Whats the crowd got to do with BARS?

that camera is focussing the entire scene if i am not wrong, but why it shows only the batsman in dark. see the image attached if you cant understand

Attachments

• bars.JPG
    bars.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 78
that camera is focussing the entire scene if i am not wrong, but why it shows only the batsman in dark. see the image attached if you cant understand

Oh that....yeah...the background in the thermal imaging in game is too dark as compared to real life (I think people have mentioned that when they said they couldnt see the ball clearly in second shot)...but thats fine...I like how it looks even like this :)!!

Last edited:
Seeing as the fielder is already celebrating, I assume he's seen the decision on the big screen already, and the umpire is just confirming it.

Jumped the ship already eh! :p

One thing I doubted that BA14's third umpire decision will display on big screen or not?? :(

attachment.php

There will be third umpire decisions displayed on the screen.....:cheers

----------

What an amazing video.....Just superb!!!!!:thumbs:thumbs

new to planet cricket. after lurking through the forums, I realize I have to go through initiation...hit me. ;
have purchased (and been frustrated) all Cricket Vid games ever made. excited just like everyone else abt db14

Ross should release a second version of this video with him as umpire, chief as a fielder celebrating the fall of mike fegan's ashes oops wicket.

Look I know I've only been a member here since July and that I'm a "school boy cricketer" but Holy ----!!! How dumb can some questions be!!???

Shut Up About Release dates!!!! It will come!! :facepalm

To all the people with no brains asking really intelligent questions keep it up :clap

----------

Oops! A bit to strong there?

Apologies

Users who are viewing this thread