BLIC Press Release, Video and Screenshots

You can paste the adress of website here for the easinesss of members.

Just a quick thing about the batsmen's shots being rushed....

This is not necessarily a bad thing. It (probably) means that the shots will be very responsive. Remember in Cricket 2004 where there were 2 cover-drives which occurred randomly, and one took ages longer to animate than the other? This meant that if one animation decided to come up, you may spank it to the boundary, but if the other one came up you mis-time it completely.

All that needs doing is to have an animation which occurs during the flight of the ball.

This would be either a forward press (like Michael Vaughan does) or a backwards movement (like some other chap) to "fill up" this time and make it look better.

Actually as I'm writing this is turning into a great idea!

Each player, as an attribute, would have either a forward or backwards initial movement, meaning that they are quicker onto the front/back foot, and the bowler would have to adjust accordingly.

I hope someone important is reading this....... :)

But when you are batting, you could take a while to look at what the bowler is doing, and then perhaps adjust your initial movement for the rest of the innings (until you toggle it back) with a button press as the bowler runs in.

For example, if you are playing on a green pitch and have a backwards press, you may want to change it because the bowlers are likely to be bowling full-of-a-length to get the effect of the pitch movement. If you are playing on a road, like in Australia or something, you may want to have an initial movement backwards, expecting shorter bowling.

This would give the batsman something to do against the "surprise bouncer". Is it BLIC or Cricket 2005 which has the "surprise bouncer"? Oh I don't know. Either way, my idea is brilliant.

So there.

And my word, the person who marked to creases on the pitch wants sacking.

What did he mark them with? A bit of two-by-four and a spade? Oh I don't know. Something wide anyway.

the ricky ponting test screenies as requested

and some more.....

Attachments

• Ricky_test_kit01.jpg
    Ricky_test_kit01.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Ricky_test_kit02.jpg
    Ricky_test_kit02.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Ricky_test_kit03.jpg
    Ricky_test_kit03.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Ricky_test_kit04.jpg
    Ricky_test_kit04.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Ricky_test_kit06.jpg
    Ricky_test_kit06.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Ricky_test_kit07.jpg
    Ricky_test_kit07.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 88
It looks like Ponting has played his shot and the keeper is shuffling over to guard his stumps. If not, then this is a slight mistake.

the shadows are there on the pitch but not on the crease(white line or run out line)
rickytestkit074sx.jpg

hope it will be done before release
btw is it only me that i cant find ricky ponting look like any where closer to his real life counterpart

I must say you have got sharp observation skills !!

And yes,the player does not resemble ponting at all..

It seems to me that they've drawn a line as the crease over the shadows.

Thats why it appears like that.

Not a big issue.

is that the MCG because it doesnt look like it and also the australian emblem looks wrong.

kodos said:
is that the MCG because it doesnt look like it and also the australian emblem looks wrong.

the australian emblem is definetly wrong maybe because ea has the off rights to cricket australia :noway

Users who are viewing this thread