Bob Woolmer Dies (May 14, 1948 - March 18, 2007)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11215
  • Start date
Also I thought I would mention a fact that everyone seems to be forgetting. He was not only coach of first South Africa, and then Pakistan, he also played 19 tests and 6 ODI's for England.

Let us not speculate about his death.

some new pics at cricinfo...mushi started cryin...and he hadn't even been with him so long...which shows how much of an impact he had on people...

RIP Woolmer :(

This is really sad. Very sad that a guy like him had to die. Especially during a World Cup.

I think we can safely say that the last few games in particular the latest one has affected this in some way. Extra stress, maybe he took a drug, maybe someone poisoned him or something.

The way the fans have reacted (not all of them) to a few lost games of cricket in Pakistan and India is disgusting. Fans wanting the coach and players dead, players attacking players houses. It's just absolutly disgusting. I hope anyone who made a comment about wanting Woolmer dead feels damn happy with themselves, they got their wish. Selfish *******s.

This is really sad it happeed during the World Cup. All this scandal. Not good for cricket. I doubt Pakistan will play the Zimbabwe match.

I think Woolmer may have just retired coaching and lived normally after this World Cup. I think he needed that time.

Props to him for his achievements. Again it's very sad he had to go :(

irottev said:
RIP Woolmer :(

This is really sad. Very sad that a guy like him had to die. Especially during a World Cup.

I think we can safely say that the last few games in particular the latest one has affected this in some way. Extra stress, maybe he took a drug, maybe someone poisoned him or something.

The way the fans have reacted (not all of them) to a few lost games of cricket in Pakistan and India is disgusting. Fans wanting the coach and players dead, players attacking players houses. It's just absolutly disgusting. I hope anyone who made a comment about wanting Woolmer dead feels damn happy with themselves, they got their wish. Selfish *******s.

This is really sad it happeed during the World Cup. All this scandal. Not good for cricket. I doubt Pakistan will play the Zimbabwe match.

I think Woolmer may have just retired coaching and lived normally after this World Cup. I think he needed that time.

Props to him for his achievements. Again it's very sad he had to go :(

Iknow people are crazy. They get obbsessed. One second they're making songs about a player, the other second they're making death wishes and burning down homes.
Effin poo faces.
:mad:

Sad, RIP Bob Woolmer.
He has served cricket well
I won't be surprised if Pakistan forfiet their last game.
With them out of the world cup, Practicing for a game without a coach and with the death still in mind.
The surely can't play.

RoboRocks said:
Sad, RIP Bob Woolmer.
He has served cricket well
I won't be surprised if Pakistan forfiet their last game.
With them out of the world cup, Practicing for a game without a coach and with the death still in mind.
The surely can't play.

It would be very unfair on Ireland if they didn't. I can't see the show not going on.
A quick reminder to everyone to be careful when pointing fingers of blame etc. Obviously emotions are bound to be running high but we're going to be deleting any posts that are offensive towards Pakistani fans in general.

Zimbabwe would still have to beat West Indies to quality though. If they can't play, they can't play. It must be hugely affecting the team right now.

Well I read on BBC sport that Pakistan are going to still play Zimbabwe.
Surely its not worth it to play a team probably very sad about the death to play a meaning less game.

If they do hats of to them for their guts. I hope they fair thrash Zimbabwe too.

R.I.P Bob Woolmer :(

Heard that Inzi announced his Retirement from ODI's saw it on Geo News

Last edited:
A very, very sad day for Cricket. He was a cricket lover and a brilliant coach, respected in every corner of the globe too. RIP Bob, you trully were a great asset to Cricket.

RIP Bob. He was a great coach, its sad that Pakistan team didnt realize his importance and didnt utilize his coaching to improve their game. I hope his family has the strength to go through this situation.

Users who are viewing this thread