Boxing

Class from Ricky, totally in control although he had a couple of dodgy monets in 8 and 10. Really battered him and just a guy with awesome heart and chin (why he hasn't been KO'd in 10 years) but Hatton could still have knocked him down. Fact is though if he wants to beat Floyd he needs to cut out the blowing up between fights.

Oh and Hatton would put Maglinaggi in a coma. Seriously. Lazcano would beat Maglinaggi and they should fight first imo.

N'Dou is pumped for this :D he loves having the crowd on his side. Malignaggi loving it too though, come on N'Dou, if you win the only option for Ricky is Mayweather and Paquiao and even though he'll lose to Mayweather both will be massive fights!
The fight might have been at the council house, but come on!

Well done Hatton, not from far away from me at all, so good to see him win, even if he is a blue nose. I have limited boxing knowledge, so I'm gonna keep this brief. He's gotta be congratulated for two things though:

1) Winning the fight.
2) Selling out the council house for the second time ever (the first being last week (Uefa Cup final)). It's not used to so many people, or if they do come, they're usually in those fancy dress suits that look like empty blue seats.

Lazcano deserves lots of credit to standing up to that beating, hatton got him with some wonderful shots and he was out on his feet in the 12th! perfect fight for hatton, he needed a test to see if his heart was still in it, im sure it is after watching that tonight, he got caught with a few himself, a few really good shots and had to grind it out at times, but he showed he was a class above the likes of Lazcano and he would destroy Malignaggi! i couldnt see Malignaggi taking the beating hatton gave out tonight and still be standing at the end of the 12th round

Yeps, if Hatton and Malignaggi fight and 'The Magic Man' fights like that, he'll get whooped! I gave the fight to Malignaggi's opponent, N'Dou. Bit disappointed that the event wasn't quite as long as 'Undefeated', that was really worth the £15, I think it went for the best part of eight hours?

Last edited:
David Hayes next 4 fights are with Setanta, all of them at the O2 :D :D So i can go and watch him again! The plan is 2 top 10 heavys, then Klitschko in mid 2009. Then a defense later on is what they said if he wins.

Haye- "my cruiserweight domination, i'm the best on the planet" :D
"I'm gonna show these fat slobs what boxing is about, heavyweight boxing is a disgrace" :D

Good stuff, I hope Haye does well.

With Witter losing his title the other week, English boxing needs to get back some of its title that it has lost as of late.

Anyone see Danny Williams fight? That was terrible. He won by KO after being knocked down a few times, but the ref deducted a point every time he threw a punch, then he really had the guy and the promoter walks up to the bell and rings it 1:30 in. Terrible. At least he won.

Nah I didn't see it. I love David Haye though, he's an absolute legend. Him vs Kiliitschko will be some spectacle man.

omg just got in to see that Floyd Mayweather has retired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg lol not sure if its true though because he always says that but this tikme he seems serious, he put a long letter saying he and he says he doesnt want to do it anymore!!!!!!!

Heavyweight title fight tonight, the best heavyweight Wlad with a normal defense against average Tony Thompson. Not sure if that's his nickname. Not worth watching because Wlad is the most boring boxer in the world htough, it is worth watching however because David Haye is planning a surprise entrance where he will confront Wlad. I'm thinking hits him with the steel chair whilst the ref is distracted. On at 8:30 not some stupid yank time as well.

I'd like to see Box Office gone altogether! You pay £35+ for Sky Sports package, yet you have to pay £15 every other WWE event and £15 for every Boxing event! Maybe if Setanta keep skimming things off Sky, they'll be forced to either drop B/O or lower the damn price!

Edit: Prizefighter II on next month, isn't it? They'd better not put that on B/O as well!

Prizefighter won't be. I can understand box office for Ricky Hatton-Floyd Mayweather, all to do wit fighters gettign the best deal, promoters etc but Khans crap, what the hell he's doing on box office I don't know.

His fights are over far too quickly, that's my main problem about spending ?15 on one of his events.

That's because he's either fighting a bum or he can't box for 12 rounds because he has a glass jaw. This will be no different, I know some people are buying it on the off chance of him losing but most people really aren't arsed with it. Especially when you can watch it for free online.

Users who are viewing this thread