4. Steven Croft
5. Norman Carver
6. Luke Sutton?
7. Glen Chapple*
8. Kyle Hogg
9. James Anderson
10. Gary Keedy
11. Oliver Newby

A few changes made to the side with Wheeldon and Ali both dropped with Pinner and Cameron coming into the side. Another tough opposition in Lancashire and another likely defeat.

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss and elected to bowl first

Lancashire - 240/8

Steve Croft 46 (47)
Luke Sutton 43 (33)

Imran Arif 3/41 (8)
Shakib Al Hasan 2/47 (8)
Alan Richardson 2/51 (8)

Worcestershire - 243/5 (39.4 overs)

Daryl Mitchell 117* (103)
Shakib Al Hasan 43 (42)

James Anderson 2/52 (8)
Gary Keedy 1/26 (8)

Worcestershire won by 5 wickets, with 2 balls remaining

Worcestershire 2
Lancashire 0

MOTM:

Daryl Mitchell (117*)

Comments:

What a win!!! Daryl Mitchell is a legend. What a stunning performance from him. Who knew we would have chased down 240 in 40 overs based on our batting performances throughout the year. The bowling wasn't great but wickets at regular intervals saved us from having to chase down 260+. We went for it from the start, Solanki making 22 off 13 and Kervezee 18 off 23. Mitchell and Al Hasan put on a great partnership before Shakib was dismissed for 43. Ben Smith made an important 30 near the end of the innings but it was Mitchell's 117* that won us the match, including 14 runs in the last over to get us over the line with a 6 and 2 four's. 2 One Day wins now but still not any luck in the longer form.

Great win there, and that gives you a pretty big buffer in the OD stuff.
A pity Shakib and Mitchell don't play like that for me.

Nice win! You're going to waste us in the one day matches. At the end of the season maybe we should play online against each other? :p

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

(I'll play my match when I get back on my desktop)

Nice win! You're going to waste us in the one day matches. At the end of the season maybe we should play online against each other? :p

I've never played online before, but it would probably be worth a go.

I just got my first two injuries. Luckily one of them was Steven Smith for 4 days, and the other was Ben Smith for 2 days, and he returned just before my next match :p

Chewie added 11 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

16th May 2010
Worcestershire vs Lancashire
Challenge Troph - Group Match

Playing XI?s

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Neil Pinner
3. Moeen Ali
4. Vikram Solanki*?
5. Ben Smith
6. Alex Kervezee
7. Shakib Al Hasan
8. Joe Leach
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Lancashire

1. Mark Chilton
2. Paul Horton
3. Stephen Moore
4. Dominic Telo
5. Steven Croft
6. Tom Smith
7. Luke Sutton?
8. Glen Chapple*
9. Kyle Hogg
10. Sajid Mahmood
11. Gary Keedy

Solanki hadn't been having a good time opening, so he was dropped down to 4, with Pinner taking his place. Wheeldon also got replaced by Leach due to being very expensive in previous games. Since England were in the final of the World T20, Anderson wasn't available for Lancashire.

I loss the toss and was put into bat. The openers didn't stick around long, but Ali and Solanki struck up a good partnership. Solanki was eventually out on 58 from 57 balls, his first decent one-day effort of the season. Ali meanwhile motored along before being out lbw to Smith for 86 from 87 balls. With 5 overes to go we were 185/4, and we took the batting powerplay. This didn't have the desire results, with a number of wickets falling quickly, as we finished on 211/7.

The bowling appeared to be much improved on the previous match, with Richardson striking twice, and Mason once within the first 10 overs to have them at 52/3. Telo and Smith were aggressive during the powerplay however, and continued going afterwards. They eventually reached the target in the 35th over, with Telo on 83* and Smith on 63*. Richardson was the only bowler to have done well, with Shakib bowling economically, but not taking wickets. A satisfactory performance with the bat, but our bowling is still dreadful.

44258353.png

Lancashire win by 6 wickets (with 28 balls remaining)

Gutz for you, they had Dominic Telo playing who is guess is pretty good, but they didn't have Anderson though so it balances out.
You both seem to be a lot better than me at OD batting. :spy

my OD batting is so inconsistent in every save. sometimes I hit 250 in 40 over's easily or get bowled out for under 100.

I guess I'm the opposite to you.
Normally I'm pretty consistent, e.g. I'll always get like 180 - 200, but I'll never get a massive score and never get a tiny score, but that doesn't really apply with these jokers.

17th May 2010
Worcestershire vs Derbyshire
County Championship -D2

Playing XI?s

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Phil Jacques
3. Moeen Ali
4. Vikram Solanki*
5. Ben Smith
6. Alex Kervezee
7. David Wheeldon
8. Imran Arif
9. Matthew Mason
10. Alan Richardson
11. Ben Cox ?

Derbyshire

1. Wayne Madsen
2. Garry Park
3. Greg Smith
4. Paul Borrington
5. John Sadler
6. Lee Goddard ?
7. Dan Redfern
8. Jonathan Clare
9. Timothy Gorenewald
10. Mark Footitt
11. Tom Lungley

Cox comes back into the side at 11 lol. Jaques is back because Shakib is on international duty, and Wheeldon comes in to provide some spin.

It was pretty wet on the first day, and we batted slowly to compensate. The top order didn't fire except for Jaques who scored his highest score so far this season of 72. No one else got going and we were eventually all out for 214, a pathetic total.

They passed our total without any loss of wickets, and it was only until the part time spin of Ali was brought on that Madsen fell. They were 244/1 after 75 overs. Solanki was the next to strike, bowling Greg Smith, as it seemed part timers were the way to go. The new ball brought about the downfall of Park, but the rest of the batsmen were stubborn and refused to go. However, after a rain break, 3 wickets fell in an Ali over, one to a run out, and Derbyshire were 480/7. There was basically no hope of us winning, so the longer they batted the better for us. They declared near the end of the third day however, 271 runs ahead. We had around 110 overs to negotiate to see our a draw.

The batting started solidly, with no wickets falling for the rest of the day. The next day, the weather helped us in cutting 1 hour and 13 minutes off our playing time, as we batted our way cautiously to the end of the day, another 2 hours being taken off later.

Another disappointing effort from our bowlers, as we couldn't bowl them out. Jaques and Mitchell found some form with the bat, but the others couldn't hang around long enough to put a decent score up. I got 5 points, they got 10.

23541134.png

Worcestershire drew with Derbyshire

County Championship - D2
17th May 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Phil Jaques
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Vikram Solanki*
4. Moeen Ali
5. Ben Smith
6. Alex Kervezee
7. Joe Leach
8. Ben Cox?
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Derbyshire

1. Wayne Madsen
2. Garry Park
3. Wes Durston
4. Paul Borrington
5. Greg Smith
6. John Sadler
7. Lee Goddard?
8. Graham Wagg
9. Robin Peterson
10. Jake Needham
11. Mark Footitt

Toss:

Derbyshire won the toss, and chose to bat first.

Match:

Derbyshire - 387 all out

Greg Smith 138
Wes Durston 66

Imran Arif 4-85
Matthew Mason 4-103
Alan Richardson 2-82

Worcestershire - 423 all out

Alex Kervezee 144
Phil Jaques 65
Daryl Mitchell 56

Mark Footitt 5-148
Graham Wagg 2-81
Robin Peterson 2-85

Derbyshire - 213 all out

Wes Durston 88
Lee Goddard 41

Imran Arif 4-46
Matthew Mason 3-67
Alan Richardson 3-71

Worcestershire - 178 for 5

Phil Jaques 52
Vikram Solanki 48
Daryl Mitchell 42

Mark Footitt 2-71

Result:

Worcestershire win by 5 wickets, with 3 balls remaining

Worcestershire 20
Derbyshire 5

MOTM:

Imran Arif (4-85, 4-46 and 30)

Reaction:

fling yeah, fling yeah, fling yeah!!!
That's what I'm talking about!!!
After drawing two matches that we should have won, we finally pick up our much anticipated first win!!!

Yet again the other teams tail wagged, at one stage they were 160 odd for five, but Greg Smith played an aggressive knock along with their middle and lower order to lift them up to a competitive 387. Our main three bowlers took all the wickets, while Joe Leach was went wicket-less in his first FC innings.

After our openers got us off to a good start, we lost a few quick wickets, but our middle order finally stood up. Alex Kervezee played an amazing knock, giving us the first innings lead, with a day and half a session to play.

Our bowlers dominated them in their second innings, all three of our main men were on the money from ball one, but Joe Leach continued to struggle at the FC level. Arif picked up his second four wicket haul in the match, leaving us 178 to chase down in just over a session.

For the second time in the match our openers gave us the perfect start, and our captain finally proved his worth in the number three position. We went into the final hour and a half needing pretty much a run a minute, and continued to keep up with the required run rate. We then went into the final two overs needing an easy 12 runs, but faltered meaning we needed nine runs from the last over of the match. Veteran Ben Smith hit a four first ball of the over, then scored a single from the second ball, before the debutant who had done nothing all match hit a four down the ground to give us an unbelievable win.

An ecstatic Worcestershire went crazy, the few faithful fans who had turned out after a winless run of eight matches were finally repaid, as coach/manager Callum took some of the pressure off his shoulders.

Nice win :) I wish my bowlers performed like yours lol

17th May 2010
County Championship - D2

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Phil Jaques
3. Vikram Solanki*
4. Alex Kervezee
5. Jack Manuel
6. Ben Smith
7. David Wheeldon
8. Ben Cox?
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Derbyshire

1. Wayne Madsen
2. Garry Park
3. Wes Durston
4. Greg Smith
5. Paul Borrington
6. John Sadler
7. Jonathan Clare
8. Robin Peterson
9. Tom Poynton?
10. Mark Footitt
11. Tom Lungley

Ben Cox comes back into the side down at #8 while Manuel who was in fine form in the second team with 15*, 96, 102* and 65 in his last 4 innings, recent first. Jaques comes in with Shakib on International Duty. Wheeldon in was the only other change, to provide some spin now that Al Hasan is away on International duty, Cameron dropped from the side. I thought we had a chance at winnign this game and anything could happen.

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss and elected to bat first

Worcestershire - 582/7 declared (2 batting points)

Daryl Mitchell 305* (648)
Ben Cox 96 (169)
Alex Kervezee 71 (204)

Jonathan Clare 4/140 (47)

Derbyshire - 358 all out

Jonathan Clare 118 (152)
Greg Smith 106 (177)

Matthew Mason 5/95 (29.5)
Imran Arif 5/99 (31)

Derbyshire (Following On) - 265/6

Wes Durston 67 (112)
John Sadler 59 (108)

Matthew Mason 3/65 (23)

Match Drawn

Worcestershire 8
Derbyshire 8

MOTM:

Daryl Mitchell (305*)

Comments:

Great performance from the lads but unfortunately we couldn't get the result. A good batting performance for a change, spectacular by Daryl Mitchell backing up his 117* in the One Day match with an unbeaten triple century in the FC match. Ben Cox had learnt his lesson with his dropping earlier with a nice 96. Kervezee batted well scoring 71 while both Manuel and Smith both got starts. Mason and Arif bowled perfectly in Derbyshire's first innings taking 5 wickets a piece. If it wasn't for Clare's and Smith's centuries, we probably would have won the match but we only managed to take 6 wickets in their second innings before time ran out, while they had a lead of 10 runs. Daryl Mitchell = Legend.

Wow that is a huge score. Only 2 batting points though :laugh

You two are doing much better than me at the moment :(

Users who are viewing this thread