Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

The NRR is done wrong, as it's added to the previous games NRR, instead of being an average.
I think it got fixed in the patch.

Worcestershire vs Derbyshire
County Championship - D2
21st July 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Vikram Solanki*
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Alex Kervezee
4. Shaaiq Choudhry
5. Moeen Ali
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Alan Darbon
8. Jeff Ingram?
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Derbyshire

1. Wayne Madsen
2. Garry Park
3. Wes Durston
4. Paul Borrington
5. Greg Smith
6. John Sadler
7. Lee Goddard?
8. Jonathan Clare
9. Robin Peterson
10. Mark Footitt
11. Tom Lungley

Toss:

Derbyshire won the toss, and chose to bat first.

Match:

Derbyshire - 412 all out

Wes Durston 135
Robin Peterson 54
Jonathan Clare 51

Alan Richardson 7-94
Imran Arif 2-88

Worcestershire - 449 all out

Moeen Ali 102
Alan Darbon 88*
Daryl Mitchell 85
Vikram Solanki 51
Imran Arif 45

Mark Footitt 4-133
Robin Peterson 3-106
Tom Lungley 2-77

Derbyshire - 238 for 4 declared

Wes Durston 91*
Wayne Madsen 55
Greg Smith 44

Worcestershire - 52 for 1

Result:

Match Drawn

Derbyshire 8
Worcestershire 8

MOTM:

Wes Durston (135 and 91*)

Reaction:

Another FC draw, and another legendary performance by Fail Al Hasan.

We were well on top of them at one stage, but a century for Wes Durston, and two fifties by their eight and nine meant the match was always heading for a draw, because of them scoring so pointlessly slowly. Alan Richardson continued his great FC form, ripping apart Derbyshire taking seven of their ten first innings wickets.

We set about posted a good total in reply, which we done thanks to all the players listed above. Moeen Ali was our only centurion, but an 88 not out from debutant Alan Darbon was the major highlight.

After the two marathon first innings efforts, you would have been better to just call the match off then. Our bowlers were poor in their second innings, and we had an hour and a half to bat out to save the match.

Shakib went wicketless for 48 overs in the match, and could only manage a painful 19 with the bat. Wes Durston was obviously named MOTM, and the points were fairly split evenly with eight going each way. We were now 20 points off second to last place on the table, with a game in hand.

Worchestershire has been too good in the Challenge Trophy tournament!

Worcestershire vs Unicorns
Challenge Trophy - group match
25th July 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Vikram Solanki*
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Alex Kervezee
4. Ben Smith
5. Moeen Ali
6. Alan Darbon
7. Shakib Al Hasan
8. Jeff Ingram†
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Unicorns

1. Michael O'Shea
2. Duncan Snell
3. Zoheb Sharif
4. Chris Murtagh
5. Josh Knappett†
6. Jackson Thompson
7. Keith Parsons
8. Mark Hardinges
9. Tom Mees
10. Chris Peploe
11. Carl Greenidge

Toss:

Unicorns won the toss, and chose to bat first.

Match:

Unicorns - 124 all out (37.3 overs)

Jackson Thompson 35 (64)
Keith Parsons 28 (27)

Imran Arif 5-19 (7)
Alan Richardson 2-20 (7)

Worcestershire - 129 for 1 (26.2 overs)

Daryl Mitchell 52* (75)
Vikram Solanki 49 (74)

Result:

Worcestershire win by 9 wickets, with 82 balls remaining

Worcestershire 2
Unicorns 0

MOTM:

Imran Arif (5 for 19 off seven overs)

Reaction:

Another vital win, which takes us two wins clear of of last place.

It was all Imran Arif early on, as he ripped apart the Unicorns top order. Shakib bowled his eight overs for just 14 runs through the middle overs, and Richardson came back at the end to finish the job off. A perfect bowling effort.

Chasing such a small total against an average bowling attack, on a near perfect batting pitch was always going to be a pretty easy task, even for us. Our two openers done most of the damage, as we romped home with 82 balls remaining. That's Mitchell fourth half century in our last four matches.

My family have a whole lot of people over for dinner so I'll either play this when they all leave which will probably be about midnight, or tomorrow morning.

A great win for you there, hopefully I can be just as dominating :)

I bought it, it was only 23 bucks, just gonna use default fields. Playing as Queensland and am 84/5 off 24 against WA in my first FRC match.:p

I bought it, it was only 23 bucks, just gonna use default fields. Playing as Queensland and am 84/5 off 24 against WA in my first FRC match.:p

Lol, once you play it for a bit you'll learn what are the best tactics etc.

Broad is a god. Harris is dire though, he's horribly rated on this game and I was getting to the stage of dropping him for first class matches because he was that bad.

Make sure you play Chris 'Ladies Man' Lynn though, he's a star. :D

Broad is a god. Harris is dire though, he's horribly rated on this game and I was getting to the stage of dropping him for first class matches because he was that bad.

Make sure you play Chris 'Ladies Man' Lynn though, he's a star. :D

Of course - at number 5. Just played the most frustrating game. Needed 27 to win off 60 balls after Hartley hit 105 off 93, a beautiful ton to watch. Then needed 1 off 12. The Warriors bowled 2 maidens and forced a tie..RAGE. I always forget to take the batting powerplay too.:facepalm

Of course - at number 5. Just played the most frustrating game. Needed 27 to win off 60 balls after Hartley hit 105 off 93, a beautiful ton to watch. Then needed 1 off 12. The Warriors bowled 2 maidens and forced a tie..RAGE. I always forget to take the batting powerplay too.:facepalm

LOL, how's you manage to do that? :facepalm

In my Queensland save (not that I got very far), Carseldine was my best batsmen, followed by Broad, and Cutting was my best bowler.

No. They're like Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands meaning you can't play with them since they don't play in the County Championship.

Nope because they only have OD games

Users who are viewing this thread