Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

Just went back to my Queensland save, Tassy piled 600 on me, so I don't think I'll be playing with them again. :p

Queensland have quite a good bowling attack though don't they? Swan, Cutting, Harris,Laughlin...

Restarted because I wanted to change my squad a bit. Still lost my first FRC match by 5 wickets against WA, but now I am play my first SS match and am 178 for 0 with an hours play left on day 1 and Kruger just scored a ton.

I think David Bandy is a bit overrated..he opened the bowling for WA against me in a FRC match.:p

Biggy added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

1 for 212 at stumps..Kruger bowled with 9 balls remaining in the day.:(

Biggy added 15 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

lmao..Kruger makes another ton in the second innings. I had Feldman at 3 as a night watchman in the 1st innings and accidently sent him in at 3 again in the second innings and he got bowled on 99!:laugh

don't worry. I do that so often. I forget that someone was my night watchmen and accidently send him at the same position in the second innings.

don't worry. I do that so often. I forget that someone was my night watchmen and accidently send him at the same position in the second innings.

:yes Happens to me all the time too

Worcestershire vs Northamptonshire
County Championship - D2
29th July 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Vikram Solanki*
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Alex Kervezee
4. Ben Smith
5. Moeen Ali
6. Alan Darbon
7. Shakib Al Hasan
8. Jeff Ingram?
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Northamptonshire

1. Mal Loye
2. Niall O'Brien?
3. David Sales
4. Andrew Hall*
5. Stephen Peters
6. Rob White
7. Nicky Boje
8. Ben Howgego
9. James Middlebrook
10. David Lucas
11. David Wigley

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss, and chose to bat first.

Match:

Worcestershire - 467 for 8 declared

Alan Darbon 119
Vikram Solanki 92
Shakib Al Hasan 59

David Lucas 4-117
Andrew Hall 2-59

Northamptonshire - 342 all out

Nicky Boje 95
Niall O'Brien 53

Imran Arif 4-76
Daryl Mitchell 2-30
Shakib Al Hasan 2-74

Worcestershire - 125 for 3 declared

Alex Kervezee 57*

Northamptonshire - 118 for 3

Matthew Mason 2-27

Result:

Match Drawn

Northamptonshire 8
Worcestershire 8

MOTM:

Alan Darbon (119 off 239 balls)

Reaction:

Omg, another FC draw. We're still on the bottom of the table by 12 points, but we've lost the least amount of matches!

Our first innings was a real crawl. As soon as I upped their aggression above two bars, they would get out straight away, so the only option I had was to bat out five sessions extremely slowly, and hope that I could bowl them out twice. In just his second FC match, Alan Darbon lit up the Worcestershire faithful, with a stunning 119, and went on to be awarded MOTM. He now has solid FC average of 207, after two matches. All eight of our recognized batsmen manged to make it over 24, but like I said above they just seemed to get out as soon as I moved them up to three bars of aggression.

We were all over them at one stage, as they still needed another 100 runs to avoid the follow on, with just four wickets in hand, but Nicky Boje came ot their rescue with 95, how often does this sort of thing happen in ICC. Once they had avoided the follow on, the match was a certain draw.

I tried to make it exciting by giving them 250 runs to chase in three hours, but they didn't want anything to do with it, as yet again we drew a match that we dominated from session one. If these were five day matches, I'm sure we'd be near the top of the table.

25th July 2010
Worcestershire vs Unicorns
Challenge Troph - Group Match

Playing XI’s

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Vikram Solanki*
3. Moeen Ali
4. Alex Kervezee
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Jack Manuel
7. Tony Stack†
8. Imran Arif
9. Matthew Mason
10. Alan Richardson
11. Chris Russell

Same lineup as the previous OD game

Unicorns

1. Michael O'Shea
2. Duncan Snell
3. Zoheb Sharif
4. Chris Murtagh
5. Josh Knappett†
6. Keith Parsons
7. Arfan Akram
8. Mark Hardinges
9. Tom Mees
10. Chris Peploe
11. Carl Greenidge

73253582.png

Unicorns win by 1 wicket

Our dreadful OD form continued as we loss to the team of rejects. Put into bat, none of the lower middle order contributed, with Solanki being the lone effort with his 68 from 52 balls. Despite our low total, we should have been able to contain them but they snuck a win with one wicket left. We languish at the bottom of the domestic table, and it doesn't look like we're going to be moving anywhere soon

Lol, you lost to the Unicorns. :laugh
Sorry, I just had to.

shhhhhh

I'm not very good at ODs lol

29th July 2010
Worcestershire vs Northamptonshire
County Championship -D2

Playing XI?s

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Vikram Solanki ? *
3. Moeen Ali
4. Alex Kervezee
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Jack Manuel
7. Tony Stack
8. Imran Arif
9. Matthew Mason
10. Alan Richardson
11. Jack Shantry

Shantry replaces Russell who hasn't done well since the T20s.

Northamptonshire

1. Mal Loye
2. Niall O'Brien?
3. David Sales
4. Stephen Peters
5. Rob White
6. David Mower
7. Nicky Boje
8. Vishal Tripathi
9. David Lucas
10. David Wigley
11. Lee Daggett

92789664.png

Northamptonshire win by 33 runs

We struggled to bowl Northamptonshire out in their first innings, and nearly had to follow on after our first innings. The top order couldn't hang around despite getting starts, but the new keeper Stack and Arif combined to take us over the follow on target. Northamptonshire declared to force a result, and I decided to try and win. 7 hours to chase 357 was doable, but only Solanki, Shakib and at the end, Mason stayed at the crease. We fell 23 runs short in a disappointing end to the match, as we couldn't continue our good from from the previous game. We got 4 points for this match - 2 batting and 2 bowling points.​

I'm not sure how many matches I'll be able to post over the next few weeks, becuase I have exams starting next week, and really need to start studying for them.
If you guys want to continue at one match a day, I might just post a scorecard of two of my matches every second day.
I'm not really sure how busy you guys are ATM, so I don't want to move it to one match every second day incase you guys are wanting to continue at one match a day, but if you guys want to only post one match every second day I'm happy to do that over the next few weeks.

I'm on holiday at the moment so I'm not busy :p But I need to study because I have 3 tests in 2 days (big tests) when I get back so I don't mind playing a match every two days.

Users who are viewing this thread