Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

I want to finish at least one season, as Jono said I got exams ATM.
I'll be completely free in one week from now. ;)

Worcestershire vs Glamorgan
County Championship - D2
9th August 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Vikram Solanki*
3. Moeen Ali
4. Shaaiq Choudhry
5. Alex Kervezee
6. Alan Darbon
7. Shakib Al Hasan
8. Jeff Ingram?
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Glamorgan

1. Mark Cosgrove
2. Gareth Rees
3. Jamie Dalrymple*
4. Mike Powell
5. E... Cale
6. Jim Allenby
7. Tom Maynard
8. Mark Wallace?
9. James Harris
10. Adam Shantry
11. David Harrison

Toss:

Glamorgan won the toss, and chose to bat first.

Match:

Glamorgan - 517 all out

Jim Allenby 146
E... Cale 85
Jamie Dalrymple 62
James Harris 52

Alan Richardson 4-124
Matthew Mason 3-139
Shakib Al Hasan 2-96

Worcestershire - 208 all out

Shakib Al Hasan 72

Adam Shantry 4-37
David Harrison 3-48
James Harris 2-43

Worcestershire - 351 all out following on

Alan Darbon 114
Alex Kervezee 59
Daryl Mitchell 51

Adam Shantry 4-80
James Harris 3-75

Glamorgan - 43 for 1

Alan Darbon 1-9 (Lol)

Result:

Glamorgan win by 9 wickets

Glamorgan 24
Worcestershire 3

MOTM:

Adam Shantry (4-37, 4-80 and 4)

Reaction:

Lol, that two week break obviously didn't help us.

The only positive continues to be this regen, Alan Darbon. Four first class matches, and he's still averaging over 90, with two hundreds and one fifty. I brought him on for an over as the match was heading for an obvious result, and after been smashed for eight off his first three deliveries, somehow we picked up a wicket.

Our top order keeps on failing, three out of out top four didn't even manage to get past 33 for the match. Our middle - lower order showed some fight in our second innings, with our five - nine all getting past 20.

Not sure what has suddenly gone all wrong with our bowlers, after such a great first class bowling start to the season, it's all gone wrong. Arif and Mason both operated at over four an over, and Shakib and Richardson bith at over three and a half an over. I'll probably have to look to play another bowler next match, as them putting on 500 in 120 overs is just wrong.

Are you shitting me, Worcestershire got promoted to division one in RL... :facepalm

:laugh

We have no chance of that happening :p

I'm bottom by like 40 points now, with only four games remaining.
It'll take a miracle for me to avoid last place.

I'm pretty much free for the next three weeks, so I'll just post my next match once both of you have posted your one, and then I'll just continue doing that.

9th August 2010
County Championship - D2

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Vikram Solanki*
3. Alex Kervezee
4. Shakib Al Hasan
5. Julian Stafford
6. Stuart Adler?
7. David Wheeldon
8. Imran Arif
9. Matthew Mason
10. Jack Shantry
11. Alan Richardson

Glamorgan

1. Mark Cosgrove
2. Gareth Rees
3. Jamie Dalrymple*
4. Jim Allenby
5. Tom Maynard
6. Steve Olney
7. Mark Wallace?
8. Ben Wright
9. James Harris
10. David Harrison
11. Dean Cosker

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss and elected to bowl first

Glamorgan - 248 all out

Mark Cosgrove 57 (96)
Jamie Dalrymple 52 (76)

Imran Arif 5/72 (24)
David Wheeldon 5/81 (17.2)

Worcestershire - 258 all out

Daryl Mitchell 85 (234)
Stuart Adler 74 (115)

David Harrison 5/75 (21.3)
James Harris 2/55 (26)

Glamorgan - 258 all out

Jim Allenby 69 (104)
Tom Maynard 52 (76)

Jack Shantry 5/73 (21)
Shakib Al Hasan 2/18 (14)

Worcestershire - 251/7

Shakib Al Hasan 67 (143)
Julian Stafford 62* (168)
Alex Kervezee 53 (119)

Jim Allenby 2/50 (25)
James Harris 2/78 (26)

Worcestershire won by 3 wickets

Worcestershire 21
Glamorgan 4

MOTM:

Imran Arif (5/72, 2/55, 28 and 0)

Comments:

Finally, we won a FC match. Superb bowling performance and a few standout batting performances in both innings. Kervezee brought up his 1000 FC runs for the season. The 2 youngsters batted well, both scoring half centuries in one of the innings, with Stafford's unbeaten 50 in the second innings guiding us to victory. We still sit on bottom by 14 points though. Although, a win against Surrey and we could finish off the bottom.

9th August 2010
County Championship -D2

Playing XI’s

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Vikram Solanki † *
3. Moeen Ali
4. Ben Smith
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Jack Manuel
7. Tony Stack
8. Imran Arif
9. Richard Jones
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Smith comes in for Kervezee who had been in bad form. Jones comes in for Cameron as we continue rotating our seamers.

Glamorgan

1. Mark Cosgrove
2. Gareth Rees
3. Jamie Dalrymple*
4. Mike Powell
5. Jim Allenby
6. Tom Maynard
7. Hugh Lucas
8. Will Bragg
9. Robert Croft
10. Adam Shantry
11. David Harrison

r9j12d.jpg

Match Drawn

A typical match for me, not being able to bowl the opposition for a low score, just avoid the follow on, they declare in their second innings, and the matches fades out to a draw. The batting by both sides was also extremely slow at under 3 runs an over. Solanki looked in good form, while Smith was pretty good, if slow, on his return from the second XI. Not much else to say about this match. Nothing differed from the ordinary. We got 6 points from the match.

Only five points are separating all three of us in the CC, with four FC matches remaining.

Now I am the best at actual cricket meaning both FC and OD. And this will be a tight finish between us all in FC.

Good match there for hedger. Nice to see Shakib contributing after a long time.

Now I am the best at actual cricket meaning both FC and OD. And this will be a tight finish between us all in FC.

And you were the one having a cry, all throughout the first half of the season. :sarcasm

Worcestershire vs Surrey
County Championship - D2
16th August 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Vikram Solanki*
3. Jeff Ingram?
4. Shaaiq Choudhry
5. Alex Kervezee
6. Alan Darbon
7. Shakib Al Hasan
8. David Wheeldon
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Surrey

1. Steve Davies?
2. Michael Brown
3. Younis Khan
4. Mark Ramprakash
5. Rory Hamilton-Brown*
6. Laurie Evans
7. Chris Schofield
8. Gareth Batty
9. Jade Dernbach
10. Chris Tremlett
11. Andre Nel

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss, and chose to bat first.

Match:

Worcestershire - 386 all out

Jeff Ingram 83
Alan Darbon 70
Alex Kervezee 54

Andre Nel 4-84
Chris Tremlett 3-104
Younis Khan 2-31

Surrey - 216 all out

Mark Ramprakash 68
Younis Khan 55

Matthew Mason 4-47
Shakib Al Hasan 3-55
Alan Richardson 2-42

Surrey - 296 all out following on

Michael Brown 69
Rory Hamilton-Brown 58
Steve Davies 54

Imran Arif 4-73
Shakib Al Hasan 3-90
Alan Richardson 2-58

Worcestershire - 130 for 5

Gareth Batty 2-22

Result:

Worcestershire win by 5 wickets

Worcestershire 22
Surrey 3

MOTM:

Imran Arif (35, 1-58, 4-73 and 19)

Reaction:

Man we needed that win.
Some fourth day rain almost spoiled our party, but a late third session rally meant we got home with seven overs to spare.

The pitch wasn't a good one for batting, but I knew the only way we were going to win was by getting runs on the board, and that's what we did. Six of our top nine players all managed to get at least 35, including both our youth team players leading the way. I took a gamble to put Jeff Ingram up at number three, as he was averaging under 20 in his four FC matches to date, and that gamble paid off big time. Alan Darbon looks to be a stunning kid, as yet again he played a very nice aggressive knock, giving us the initiative in the match.

Our bowling has been up and down all season, but this match it was up. Everyone seemed to play their part, and if it wasn't for Ramprakash and Younis both being dropped early on, they would have made a lot less than 216.

With rain forecast for the final day we had to enforce the follow on, but that proved to be a shocking decision at first, as they erased the 170 run first innings deficit with only two second innings wickets back in the shed. For the second innings in a row however, their middle to lower order pressed the self destruct button. We were set 100 odd runs to get in the final session, after most of the middle session was rained out.

We looked for a solid platform up top, and Mitchell gave us that with our top score of 38. After that it was just left to our aggressive youngsters, who got us home with seven overs to spare. We were never really in trouble, and two wickets in the final two overs of the match took us from three down to five down, hence why it looked like we may have been in a bit of trouble.

Now we're only 10 points off second to last, but Sussex who are in eighth unfortunately have a game in hand. Imran Arif was very surprisingly named MOTM, after in both innings he was by far our most expensive bowler, going at one run and over and one and half runs an over more than our next most expensive bowler, in each innings respectively.

Good to see that we're starting to win some matches :) I should probably change my pitch type...

Users who are viewing this thread