Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

Chewie, I cannot see the scorecard, if you posted it.:(

imageshack was being stupid so I used imagehost, and they're really slow. I can see it.

Great story. Impressive co-ordination, and 10/10 for the original idea!:happy

I'm glad to see your one-day results have improved. I was going to say that you really need custom fields for limited-overs games. At least for the batting powerplay and the death overs, you probably want those close catchers out saving singles in the powerplay, and four or five on the boundary at the death. But I guess you must know that by now...

I've played 7 four-dayers in my save, and I've only selected Arif once. Even when I'm away with England, the computer doesn't select him either. Certainly Whelan looks a better bet on paper (for both FC and OD), as does Shantry for one-dayers.

Anyway, please continue the great work. We're getting to the business end aren't we, and the competition is hotting up! Some of you even have some finals hopes. I didn't see that one coming :laugh

25th August 2010
Worcestershire vs Northamptonshire
County Championship -D2

Playing XI?s

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Vikram Solanki *
3. Moeen Ali
4. Ben Smith
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Shaaiq Choudhry
7. Tony Stack ?
8. Imran Arif
9. Matthew Mason
10. Alan Richardson
11. Chris Russell

Northamptonshire

1. Mal Loye
2. Niall O'Brien
3. David Sales
4. Andrew Hall
5. Stephen Peters
6. Robert White
7. David Mower
8. Nicky Boje
9. David Lucas
10. David Wigley
11. Lee Daggett

9lly0m.png

Match Drawn

Rain spoiled any chance of this match reaching a conclusion with many short breaks interrupting the batsmen concentration. Mitchell batted well in the first innings to get us to 373 which was a reasonably comfortable score on this pitch. In their innings Northamptonshire had annoying century partnerships for the 5th and 6th wickets before declaring with a first innings lead. Already we were into the last day, so I batted a bit then declared, and then they started off looking like they were actually trying to chase it down (It was about 140 in 20 overs or so), but they kept losing wickets to Richardson, and then collapsed when Russell came in so they decided to bat defensively from then. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened had there not been rain breaks. I got 7 points from this match.

Worcestershire vs Northamptonshire
County Championship - D2
25th August 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Neil Pinner
3. Jeff Ingram?
4. Vikram Solanki*
5. Alex Kervezee
6. Alan Darbon
7. Shakib Al Hasan
8. David Wheeldon
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Northamptonshire

1. Mal Loye
2. Niall O'Brien?
3. David Sales
4. Stephen Peters
5. Andrew Hall*
6. T... Wingfield
7. Nicky Boje
8. Vishal Tripathi
9. James Middlebrook
10. David Wigley
11. Lee Daggett

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss, and chose to bat first.

Match:

Worcestershire - 364 all out

Imran Arif 104
Matthew Mason 54
David Wheeldon 46

David Wigley 3-116
Andrew Hall 2-60
James Middlebrook 2-76

Northamptonshire - 458 for 8 declared

David Sales 176
Niall O'Brien 74
Nicky Boje 55

David Wheeldon 2-56
Matthew Mason 2-71

Worcestershire - 244 all out

Vikram Solanki 66
Alan Darbon 53
Jeff Ingram 51

David Wigley 3-55
Andrew Hall 3-70
James Middlebrook 2-49

Northamptonshire - 125 for 6

Niall O'Brien 46

Imran Arif 4-39
Matthew Mason 2-37

Result:

Match Drawn

Northamptonshire 10
Worcestershire 7

MOTM:

David Sales (176, 5, 1 for 23, and 0 for 4)

Reaction:

No way, another FC draw!

The match did however witness one of the great comebacks of all time. We were gone at 115/6 in our first innings, that then became 164/7, and 212/8. At that stage 250 was a long way off, but a 143 ninth wicket partnership between Imran Arif (104) and Matthew Mason (54) pushed our total up to 364.

Their batsmen then owned our bowlers up, and that was the end off that. They needed 150 odd in 1 hour and 45 minutes, so went out and had a bit of a slog. Wickets kept them at bay, and only really Niall O'Brien (46 off 42) managed to get himself set.

We're still on the bottom of the table, but there is the slightest chance that we could still get off it.

87/6 and 125/6 ? Chewie and you just got it. Too bad the rain spolied Chewie's chances.

The only reason I took so many wickets in that last session was because they were slogging trying to chase down the total.

Arif's scored a century for you too now :) Lets see if he can do it for Hedger sometime...

Like Chewie said, it was because in both cases they were trying to chase down pretty small totals.
Six wickets must be the mark at which the AI stop going for it at.

Against me they stopped going for it after 3 wickets, but then Russell came on to bowl and took 3 wickets. He had figures of 4-1-8-3 so he didn't get smacked at all compared to the other bowlers

They only needed like five/six an over against me, so I guess it was a lot more achievable.

Shakib has been the biggest fail in this game for me ever, he just continues to fail, and fail, and fail.
In OD cricket his bowling is often decent, but his batting is just atrocious, and his FC bowling is a disaster. More often than not he's getting carted around at four runs an over, with defensive fields, and not picking up wickets!

Now that Hedger's back I suppose we should continue this, once he's finished the work he's got due.

Users who are viewing this thread