Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

Hedger's already running two stories, two league and FTP. But I'd still love to see this come back.

FTP is nothing. All I need to do is organise some fixtures, tell everyone to organise friendlies and pretty much put down the result of each match and update the standings like every month. I can update this. It only takes a bit of time to play the match and write up what happened. I'll play a match sometime today.

Maybe we should just wait until December, until we're all free?

I got exams in about a month, so I won't be coming on here much in a week or so once NZPL season seven is finished, and won't have time to post any matches here.

I know Jono has exams coming up in a few weeks as well, and I assume Brendon will have them coming up as well, as Australia has roughly the same school years as us.

I suppose that would be the best option. Maybe Brendon can post one more since he's one behind us then we leave it until after exams.

Yes. I have exams in the next month or so for School Certificate. So we;ll just wait until December to restart this then. I'll post my match sometime.

25th August 2010
Worcestershire vs Northamptonshire
County Championship - D2

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell*
2. Stuart Adler?
3. Alex Kervezee
4. Shakib Al Hasan
5. Julian Stafford
6. Jack Manuel
7. David Wheeldon
8. Imran Arif
9. Gareth Andrew
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Northamptonshire

1. Mal Loye
2. Niall O'Brien
3. David Sales
4. Stephen Peters
5. Robert White
6. Elton Chigumbura
7. Nicky Boje
8. Vishal Tripathi
9. David Lucas
10. David Wigley
11. Jack Brooks

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss and elected to bat first

Worcestershire - 415 all out

David Wheeldon 83 (221)
Alex Kervezee 81 (205)
Daryl Mitchell 48 (122)

Nicky Boje 3/16 (9.2)
Elton Chigumbura 2/67 (37)

Northamptonshire - 442/7 dec.

Vishal Tripathi 82* (101)
Elton Chigumbura 79 (135)
Robert White 67 (137)
David Sales 66 (75)

Gareth Andrew 3/122 (27)

Worcestershire - 217 all out

Daryl Mitchell 77 (154)
Jack Manuel 36 (61)

David Wigley 5/56 (20)
Nicky Boje 2/6 (4.4)

Northamptonshire - 37/2

Niall O'Brien 19* (94)
Mal Loye 9 (26)

Shakib Al Hasan 1/2 (1)
Imran Arif 1/13 (9)

Match Drawn

Northamptonshire 10
Worcestershire 8

MOTM:

David Wigley (2/149 and 5/56)

Comments:

First innings batting performance was good with Wheeldon and Kervezee both scoring in the 80's while Mitchell scored 48 and the tail wagged with Arif scoring 33, Andrew scoring 34 and Mason chipping in with 41 down at #10. We didn't threaten them much though with our bowling effort, with only Andrew taking more than 1 wicket as most of their players scored above 45. Mitchell batted well again in the second innings with 77 while Adler and Manuel helped our cause with scores in the 30's to bat out enough time to force a draw, them having to chase 190 in their second innings in less than a session, finishing 37/2 with Arif and Al Hasan taking a wicket a piece.

Lol, I struggle to recall the players we have since it's been so long.
It'll still be another two and a half weeks before I post my next game.

yeah, i finished my school certificate today (well except computers) and I still needed to catch up with that game.

I reckon we do an Australian county or an international side next :)

Some good batting in the first innings though

I reckon we do an Australian county or an international side next :)

Some good batting in the first innings though

If we're going to do another one I'd prefer to just post results, and over the summer I'll run my own story that I'll do properly, is that the same with you guys?

ATM my updates are pretty average, but if we're going to do another one they'd probably be even worse.

I reckon we do one with a much shorter season, so that's either an Australian county or an international side.

hmm true. I do plan on writing a different story or two, but this one doesn't take up much time which is why it's been quite easy to update. But yes finish this season and then see where we go.

I don't mind. Are we going to finish this season first though?

Well my exams haven't started yet, so as I said before it'll still be another two and a half weeks before I post my next game.

But yeah, I'll post my next game a day or two after my exams finish, but you guys can post your next match whenever, or feel free to go a couple of matches ahead of me, because I'll be able to tune more than one match at a time if you guys have gone ahead to catch back up.

Users who are viewing this thread