CGPv7 + IRCSU(v2) Released!!!, Download Now And Enjoy...

kush

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
forward defensive

Just thought i would create a screenshot of the forward defensive to a ball on middle stump. look at the position the batsmen (Dhoni) has got into...

Attachments

• Forward Defensive.JPG
    Forward Defensive.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

ajayganesh

School Cricketer
there is nothing wrong wid the defensive shots of the standard patch, it is a perfect patch...wen it comes to the defense, as i think boss has made the defense part very cleverly..b'fore we cud even havea front-foot defence for a ball outside off stump or on our legs...now, he has changed it i feel...and made it challenging..and made us go to the line of the ball and play the shot..at teh pic above....wat i can notice is the bowler is bowling a normal off-spin delivery wid full spin, and in the end he reduces it completely...and wen u go for a defensive shot , unaware being a straighter one u wud get out...and dats how it shud be....the defense is also not as b'fore in other patches...here we have to play our shots earlier...to get correct timing...if we play late it goes straight to the slips n gullies...if we play just after the bowler bowls, its super...one more bout the defensive shot is if we play late on a just above gud-length , it goes between bat-pad and we get bowled...its fantastic and cheers to boss...but i feel he can correct the errors in the 'extreme' version as i love that challenge,but, the fwd def , ball goes rite thru bat and we get bowled...so, he can correct on dat, and HEY BOSS...THERE ARE EDGES in the game and there are edges to silly point, short-leg, i've got out like dat...previusly i had enquired bout this....but, the slips don't play role during spinners on...

gonzo99

School Cricketer
ajayganesh said:
there is nothing wrong wid the defensive shots of the standard patch, it is a perfect patch...wen it comes to the defense, as i think boss has made the defense part very cleverly..b'fore we cud even havea front-foot defence for a ball outside off stump or on our legs...now, he has changed it i feel...and made it challenging..and made us go to the line of the ball and play the shot..

Sorr ajay, I just can't agree with this. And I'm talking about the standard patch. There is a history of problems with the forward defensive and Boss's patches (no disrespect Boss!!!!). I, and others, are just trying to correct one of the VERY FEW problems with this patch.

If a ball is pitched on middle or leg then the defensive shot should be down that line. Even a tailender can do this! The defensive shot is risky, but only because it's totally unrealistic, ie:

Ball pitches on leg, the question then is - will the batsman defend down the line (standard) or will the batsman defend towards cover (never happens!!!!!)? And it all comes down to the length of the ball. Problem is that NOONE defends towards the off side for a ball pitched on leg or middle no matter what the length.

So anyway, just want to renew the request for a fix to the forward defensive shot.

Looking forward to CPGv5 :)

kush

Club Cricketer
robertporter said:
is it still new years eve release
So boss should be releasing his patch today...

Last edited:

boss

Club Cricketer
CGPv5 Released!, Download Now!!!

First of all Wish u all a Very Very Happy New Year'2006!.

Here is my Surprise New year gift for u guys in the form of CGPv5!.
:happy

Download CGPv5 Now from the attachment (Size: 268 KB) and take u'r gaming experience to new height.

Title : Cool game Play Patch Version:5 for EAC2005
Author : A.R.Karthick (Boss)
E-Mail : [email protected]
Discusssion on: Right Here!
Release Date: 31-12-2005 (Saturday)
Thanks to: PC.net members/mods/admin and my friends.

Introduction:

Already released patch: CoolGamePlayPatchV1,V2, V2RR, V3, V4(MCP). After Discussing pros and cons of this patch on the PC thread,i am glad to release this new patch "CoolGamePlayPatch-Version:5"(CGPv5) for EAC 2005 that will give you a totally fresh and realistic gameplay experience than ever before.

Disclaimer:

As the rule of thumb, first backup your "data_pc.gob" found under the Data folder of u'r Cricket' 2005 game folder before installing the patch(not only this patch!) in case if u wish to revert to the original gameplay!. I'll not take any responsibility if you mess it up while installing. So follow the instructions correctly.

*** Important Note: Few TV overlays/Player Faces/Bats tend to crash the game from time to time, whenever we play for the long time. So make sure u save the game whenever possible. No complaints pls!.

More importantly Scan the file(or whatever file u downloaded from the net), with the quality virus scanners like "Norton/McAfee/PC-Cillin etc.,"

Game Modes:

CGPv5 is presented with 3*3 different set of configs seperately for 10/20 overs ODIs, 45/50 Overs ODI, and 4 day/5 day Test matches as it was in previous patches. (So read the installation methods carefully!). This patch supports All Game Modes (Easy- for beginners, Normal- for amateurs, and Hard- for pro's) as well as All Game Versions (Tests, ODIs). The difficulty of playing is varying from mode to mode or according to the game type. So select u'r configs correctly for best results.

Installation:

Important Notes:

1) To achieve the complete CGP experience, before installing any of the configs, u need to install the Field Settings. Copy the contents (210 xml files) of "cgpv5\FieldSettings" folder to the Root/Main Directiory of the Game. (i.e. ":\EA Cricket 2005 folder).

2) If u not wish to switch between configs(i.e. when we bat/bowl) and also not worrying about the bowling accuracy(i.e.to bowl with bigger cursor), then the "CommonConfigsForBothCPUandUS" in each game format will be helpful. Otherwise choose the other options accordingly.

After unzipping "cgpv5.zip" to u'r desired folder,

A) To Play 10/20 Overs FCOD/ODI Games:

a) Common Configs For Both CPU and Us:

Copy the "4308.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\20OversConfigs" folder and Copy the "2bb7.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\20OversConfigs\CommonConfigsForBothCPUandUS" folder to u'r game root directory. (:\EA CRICKET'2005 folder).

b) Configs When We Bat:

Copy the "4308.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\20OversConfigs" folder and Copy the "2bb7.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\20OversConfigs\ConfigsWhenWeBat" folder to u'r game root directory. (:\EA CRICKET'2005 folder).

c) Configs When We Bowl:

Copy the "4308.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\20OversConfigs" folder and Copy the "2bb7.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\20OversConfigs\ConfigsWhenWeBowl" folder to u'r game root directory. (:\EA CRICKET'2005 folder).

B) To Play 45/50 Overs FCOD/ODI Games:

Copy the "4308.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\50OversConfigs" folder and Copy the "2bb7.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\50OversConfigs\CommonConfigsForBothCPUandUS" folder to u'r game root directory. (:\EA CRICKET'2005 folder).

b) Configs When We Bat:

Copy the "4308.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\50OversConfigs" folder and Copy the "2bb7.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\50OversConfigs\ConfigsWhenWeBat" folder to u'r game root directory. (:\EA CRICKET'2005 folder).

c) Configs When We Bowl:

Copy the "4308.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\50OversConfigs" folder and Copy the "2bb7.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\50OversConfigs\ConfigsWhenWeBowl" folder to u'r game root directory. (:\EA CRICKET'2005 folder).

C) To Play FCM/TEST Match Games(4day/5day):

Copy the "4308.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\TestMatchConfigs" folder and Copy the "2bb7.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\TestMatchConfigs\CommonConfigsForBothCPUandUS" folder to u'r game root directory. (:\EA CRICKET'2005 folder).

b) Configs When We Bat:

Copy the "4308.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\TestMatchConfigs" folder and Copy the "2bb7.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\TestMatchConfigs\ConfigsWhenWeBat" folder to u'r game root directory. (:\EA CRICKET'2005 folder).

c) Configs When We Bowl:

Copy the "4308.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\TestMatchConfigs" folder and Copy the "2bb7.. .big" file from the ":\cgpv5\CGPv5Configs\TestMatchConfigs\ConfigsWhenWeBowl" folder to u'r game root directory. (:\EA CRICKET'2005 folder).

Un-Installation:

*Simply delete the above installed files. Or (incase if u want to play with configs/field sets),

1. To Un-install the Configs Settings:

Copy the contents (2 big files) of Uninstallers/ConfigUninstallers folder to the Root/Main Directiory of the Game. (i.e. /Cricket 2005 folder).

2. To install the Field Settings:

Copy the contents (210 xml files) of Uninstallers/FieldUninstallers folder to the Root/Main Directiory of the Game. (i.e. /Cricket 2005 folder).

Hi-Lights:

1. Accurate Pacing by CPU in both form of the games, and the CPU will adjust the pacing according to the situation.

2. Backfoot shots/Dance Down Shots can be played as easily as it with the normal Frontfoot shots.

3. Each and every shot's power range/direction range/height and timing -all depends on the player quality, his form, the time he sets in the crease.

4. Edge frequency is adjusted realistically. Even a good shot can provide a edgy shot and even ground shot can be the aerial shot at times. Edges are tweaked in such a way that it mingled with the shot selection. Poor timing (late/early) can provide more chance of edges.

5. More variation in method of dismissals.

6. Pitch parameters and the Field physics tweaked accordingly to the real game.

7. Shot selection tech is pretty vast by CPU. More or less all the shots can be played by the CPU.

8. Every Game Mode/Game Format/Game Play is different. In test matches, we need lot more patience to time the ball, where as in ODIS, we can feel better timing and placement from the start.

9. Six hit height is adjusted and u can see the Flintoff/Gilchrist kinda flat "6"s. But be remembered, hitting the "6" shot early on before sets in could be a dangerous move.

10. "Visual C++ run time error" problem bug is cleared, and make sure the game crash happen here after is not due to my patch. (may be some other probs!).

and made more tweaks after the complete analysis of the previous patches in the PC Thread.

Few Tips:

1. To get more wickets, speed variation is the important factor. Bowl slowly in the start of the innings(particularly when the ball is new) to get any swing/seam movement and bowl as fast as u can in the slog overs(btw surprise slow balls). Also when u bowl, after stop the ball marker, move the ball arrow to give direction when u arriving at the crease.

2. Backfoot shots are more effective in bouncy wickets (Hard/Dry/Normal surfaces).

3. Playing against/across the line is a bad tactic and also playing away from the body is not recommended early on because of the high edge frequency.

Now what?:

After playing a bit with CGPv5, feel free to put your comments/reviews/feedback/pros/cons or what ever your thoughts on the patch into Planetcricket forum thread. Lets enjoy the game.

If u like to e-mail me : [email protected]

Happy Cricket'2005 Gaming and also a Very Happy NEW year'2006!!!

Download "CGPv5" From the attachment!(Size:268 kb)

Cheers :cheers

Boss

Attachments

• cgpv5.zip
    267.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

kush

Club Cricketer
yey! am trying it now.

brilliant. great work. forward defensive is better now. well done.

what i love about the patch: everything, especially how you can play dance down the wicket shots and backfoot shots as easily as the front foot shots.
what i dont like about the patch: very little but i will let you know if i find any problems.

boss

Club Cricketer
kush said:
yey! am trying it now.

brilliant. great work. forward defensive is better now. well done.

what i love about the patch: everything, especially how you can play dance down the wicket shots and backfoot shots as easily as the front foot shots.
what i dont like about the patch: very little but i will let you know if i find any problems.

thank u mate to share u'r comm and app abt cgpv5!, will expect more comm/rev/fbs soon!

Boss

subhash_i

School Cricketer
Boss, the patch looks great but one thing i noticed while playing in green pitches is if we swing the ball late batsman gets beaten and some times even wicket keeper leaves the ball and it is going for 4 byes.Also whenever fileder is running after the ball towards boundary 99% of time they just won't stop the ball properly like misfields always eventhough they are just behind the ball.They try to collect the ball from one place eventhough ball just stopped a head of them.Then they take one more step and collect it.Sometimes it is resulting in 4 runs instead of the single.This is happening very frequently.when balls come towards fileders they seem to field properly.Also i was able to pick 4 wickets of southafrica within first 4 overs only as Newzeland like cpu is getting out very easily now.Seems like wickets are very easy to pick on green pitches.

But as for other things c++ error is not coming, the shots are good, bowling is fantastic and outfiled pacing is also excellent.Great patch except for the misfields and wickets now seem to fall very easily.I will play it more in tests also and see is anything else comes up.so far i used it in 50 overs one day matches.Apart from the minor issues excellent patch.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Boss ur patch looks very good ... i will have a try at it ... and Happy Newyear to you aswell !!!

:cheers
Usy !!!

britishchampion

2nd XI Cricketer<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Great way to start the new year... I'm a Tutsi loyalist however i'm up for a change occasionally. I'll try it!!!

emo

School Cricketer
Just 2 things.
1. I seem to play alot of shots in the air and get caught out alot. Is this just my timing??
2. Some fielders stop the ball then stand still and not throw the ball back to the keeper.

Overall this patch is great. All the shot types are fantastic. Just i seem to hit most of them in the air.

bkannan

School Cricketer
thanks boss, trying now will let u know , hopefully soon.

saurabh2185

International Cricketer
Backfoot short are good, atlast there is swing and seam for bowler and as subhash_i mention fielders are missfielding at boundary. The CPU batsman when hit the ball straight to a boundary fielder then the fielder missfields and when it is hit little bit to the side then there is no problem.

Now i am certainly enjoying bowling of this game. And i feel the advance short should be made even more easier to play.
Batting and bowling of this patch are superb, some bugs in fielding (May be EA's fault).
Overall a well balanced patch.

Users who are viewing this thread