CGPv7 + IRCSU(v2) Released!!!, Download Now And Enjoy...

RussianVodka

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
there might be a problem with ODI pacing
Im Pak vs Sa in 50over match on a green wicket (i bowled first)
and currently SA are 3/32 of 25 overs on hard mode
i think maybe u could change a couple things
1)the power of the shots (cause they havent hit 1 boundary yet)
2)the pacing of the outfield (cause the ball just stops before it reaches the boundary)
otherwise awesome patch

boss

Club Cricketer
Replies on 2/1/2006, monday...

Thank u all for u'r excellent support,patience and com/fbs. Back after new year holidays. here we go...

subash_i said:
Boss, the patch looks great but one thing i noticed while playing in green pitches is if we swing the ball late batsman gets beaten and some times even wicket keeper leaves the ball and it is going for 4 byes.Also whenever fileder is running after the ball towards boundary 99% of time they just won't stop the ball properly like misfields always eventhough they are just behind the ball.They try to collect the ball from one place eventhough ball just stopped a head of them.Then they take one more step and collect it.Sometimes it is resulting in 4 runs instead of the single.This is happening very frequently.when balls come towards fileders they seem to field properly.Also i was able to pick 4 wickets of southafrica within first 4 overs only as Newzeland like cpu is getting out very easily now.Seems like wickets are very easy to pick on green pitches.

But as for other things c++ error is not coming, the shots are good, bowling is fantastic and outfiled pacing is also excellent.Great patch except for the misfields and wickets now seem to fall very easily.I will play it more in tests also and see is anything else comes up.so far i used it in 50 overs one day matches.Apart from the minor issues excellent patch.

Thank u mate for u'r fbs and app. ATM, i've to tell that the fielder prob at the fence is critical and all credit goes to EA. :crying , if we need to change the outfield parameters, then we need to tolerate this. anyhow will try to bring u the best in this reg for every patch. Abt easy wicket taking: this is a quite a challenging one indeed. u/cpu have the grt advantage to pick the wicket early in their inn provided with good conditions to bowl and played more randomly.

usy said:
Boss ur patch looks very good ... i will have a try at it ... and Happy Newyear to you aswell !!!

brithishchampion said:
Great way to start the new year... I'm a Tutsi loyalist however i'm up for a change occasionally. I'll try it!!!

bkannan said:
thanks boss, trying now will let u know , hopefully soon.

thank u friends for u'r app and to try my cgp. u'll love it once u picks up the cool gameplay. will exp comm/fbs from u guys...

gonzo said:
Hey Boss,

Just about to check out your new patch. Happy New Year m8. Thanks for giving us a new year present

thank u gonzo for the app and greets. will exp u'r fb soon.

EMO said:
Just 2 things.
1. I seem to play alot of shots in the air and get caught out alot. Is this just my timing??
2. Some fielders stop the ball then stand still and not throw the ball back to the keeper.

Overall this patch is great. All the shot types are fantastic. Just i seem to hit most of them in the air.

thank u EMO for u'r fb and app.

1. Ya!, this is happening quite often once u new at the crease. once u set in with few handsome strokes, all shots can be played along the ground.

2. again, credit goes to EA.

Backfoot short are good, atlast there is swing and seam for bowler and as subhash_i mention fielders are missfielding at boundary. The CPU batsman when hit the ball straight to a boundary fielder then the fielder missfields and when it is hit little bit to the side then there is no problem.

Now i am certainly enjoying bowling of this game. And i feel the advance short should be made even more easier to play.
Batting and bowling of this patch are superb, some bugs in fielding (May be EA's fault).
Overall a well balanced patch.

thank u saurabh for u'r comm and app. u'r spot on u'r point mate. Fielder prob can't be corrected atm if we change the field conditions. anyhow will come up with some methods some how. advance down shots made easier than previous versions, and still like to make it perfect soon.

Russian Vodka said:
there might be a problem with ODI pacing
Im Pak vs Sa in 50over match on a green wicket (i bowled first)
and currently SA are 3/32 of 25 overs on hard mode
i think maybe u could change a couple things
1)the power of the shots (cause they havent hit 1 boundary yet)
2)the pacing of the outfield (cause the ball just stops before it reaches the boundary)
otherwise awesome patch

thank u mate for u'r fbs and app. this is pretty amazing to see such a low score in ODIs in green track, but am sure this is happening once in a while only, so try some other time,u may notice the diff. but if u still suffer such poor scores often, then i may need to tweak something with green/damp wickets.

Cheers

Boss

Hero

Club Captain
Boss,I checked your patch and it is excellent.First time in any patch I have witnessed some type of reality as I was beaten in the air and even I was beaten when I trired to just stop the ball .I really like this kind of cricket.I hope you will continue your good work in this regard and with the help of player editor will able to do more in this connection.Have good time for your future patch.

kush

Club Cricketer
on hard mode on your pacth, i have noticed that it very difficult to play a half volley/yorker on leg stump. With the forward defensive you get bowled, and pressing the right arrow key and S you also get bowled.

boss

Club Cricketer
replies on 5.1.06

Hero said:
Boss,I checked your patch and it is excellent.First time in any patch I have witnessed some type of reality as I was beaten in the air and even I was beaten when I trired to just stop the ball .I really like this kind of cricket.I hope you will continue your good work in this regard and with the help of player editor will able to do more in this connection.Have good time for your future patch.

nice to hear from u. thanks for u'r app and note mate. will do my best to provide u the realistic game play and as the player editor emerged, it won't be too long for the unthinkable.

kush said:
on hard mode on your pacth, i have noticed that it very difficult to play a half volley/yorker on leg stump. With the forward defensive you get bowled, and pressing the right arrow key and S you also get bowled.

thanks for u'r comm kush. i didn't noticed such prob when i play. whenever a half volley/york on l.s, just move a fraction to u'r left and give some room to play def/on drive/leg glance.

(in btw: funny website u made friend. keep on clicking all day... :crying )

Expect more comm/rev/fb from u friends...

Cheers

Boss

andysmith45

School Cricketer
Boss, I tried ur latest patch and found batting too tough for me. I have gone back to ur CGPv4 patch. I found the stroke power for front foot shots almost perfect in the CGPv4 patch though backfoot shots could have done with a little more power. Hope u release an easier version in ur next patch.

robertporter

Club Cricketer
i have tried the one day side of the gameplay patch its very good except i think just a little to aggresive at the start

and also there are alot of misfields from the covers and midon areas which usually go for four runs is this a cricket 2005 problem or a gampelay patch problem

kush

Club Cricketer
boss, you know i was saying that i had a problem with leg stump half volleys, that is because i have mixed two patches together. i am going to remove the other patch so i just have your patch.

heyado

Club Cricketer
Hi again from Australia Boss.

I have to say from my personal opinion that in some ways CGP5 is a massive improvement on CGP4, and in other ways not so.

I started a test match Aus v WI in Melbourne on a normal pitch from scratch to ensure there was nothing affecting the performance.

Power shots were a lot easier than previously, I had Hayden get off the mark with a lofted cut over gully for six, the first six I'd ever managed to hit in Cricket 2005. In fact, I found the lofted power shots to be entirely risk-free. 100% success in hitting 4's and 6's, whereas in CGP4 there was the chance of a nick to the slips or it the shot not carrying over the infield. This was tested over two innings of 100 overs each, with even the tailenders able to hit lofted boundaries without risk.

I found the difficulty to pierce the infield with a standard shot without getting caught a bit of a problem. I appreciate the concept that if you drive a shot on the up that it goes in the air through the covers, but even classic half volleys outside off stump were either driven in the air to cover, or the straight drive lands in the lap of mid-off. The great drivers of world cricket like Hayden, Ponting and Gilchrist were thus deprived of a primary scoring shot.

Also, while edges in CGP4 were well spread and had the randomness that cricket has, I had just one nick off Brett Lee in two innings that flew through a vacant point, in conditions that should have offered the bowlers a chance.

But the most noticeable issue was the LBW. 15 batsmen across the two Australia innings fell to it, with most of those being for a normally pitched ball on middle and leg where the defensive button is pushed and the batsman plays the defensive shot where the bat is hung outside off stump, the front pad sticks right in front of middle stump and they're plumb LBW. The defensive shot where the back foot goes back and the bat plays down the line of the stumps is what I wanted them to play.

When it came to bowling, it looked as though the shotmaking of the AI was pulled back compared to CGP4. In a CGP4 test, Lara, Gayle etc had no problem coming down the track to Warne and MacGill and whipping them over the top, while in CGP5 Warne bowled 14 overs to Lara and conceded just 5 runs. The only two shots batsmen seemed prepared to play to any delivery were the cover drive and the sweep.

I hope I don't seem overly critical of your work as it's not my intention! I hope this feedback helps you to keep making great patches.

In summary, if CGP4 had an improved 6-hitting ability like in CGP5, and standard shots went along the ground more in CGP4, I would consider that the perfect patch.

I'll keep going with CGP5 and see what a dusty/hard or damp pitch brings up, especially in regard to the LBWs.

With respect from Australia,

Heyado

kadabakar

School Cricketer
see boss
i get always crash to window in test
in one day when bang is playing it crashs
when i go to load saved game after crash it gets some error
what is that

Hero

Club Captain
Boss,it is long time since you posted anything on this forum.Are you working on CGPP6 as after the emergence of player editor,this patch will really cool .As hopefully you can subdue some errors and may add some features.Looking forward to your replyl.

gonzo99

School Cricketer
Hey Boss,

It's a few weeks now since I downloaded cpgv5. Sorry I haven't given some feedback sooner :(

Anyway, this is another great patch from you. I was a bit surprised how much easier batting is in tests compared to ODI's. I couldn't help wondering if you got the batting files mixed up, but then I realised why it is this way. The main reason I have said nothing for so long is I was just playing and getting used to your v5 patch.

I must admit that I have to agree with earlier comments about 6 hits. In cpgv4 I stopped trying to hit the 6-hit on drive and found the back- and front- foot cover drive riskier, but now it's become very easy to hit these shots again. Maybe too easy???

However, bowling against the CPU is s alot more fun with the seam movement you have introduced. I look foward to seeng how this evolves. Your batting combined with your outfield settings and the fields is truly great:)

P.S. Forgot to mention that I have had no probs piercing the field. It all depends on how well we time the ball. Same goes for boundaries. I suspect that the ppl who have a prob with this just need to play with the patch a bit more and learn how to bat with it.

Last edited:

heyado

Club Cricketer
Hi Gonzo,

I guess you might be referring to my post when it comes to piercing the field.

I'm keen to hear your tips on how it should be done in regards to timing, as I'm happy to admit it might be my technique as opposed to the patch itself.

I was having some success with playing the stroke slightly before the ball hit the pitch when it came to straight and cover drives, but even the slightest mistake results in the loss of a wicket.

What can you tell me? :help

Cheers,
Ado

gonzo99

School Cricketer
HI heyado,

It sounds like you're on the right track with batting in Boss's cpgv5 patch. I'm no expert, but I tend to find that most shots should be played before the ball pitches. Often a lot earlier than you would expect. However, it also depends on where the ball is pitching. So the same shot seems to have slightly different timing depending on the length of the delivery.

I know exactly what you mean about the straight drive - I often get caught at mid-on or mid-off from mistiming this shot. When you can tell it's pitching in that danger area, try playing the shot a little later. You may not score any runs but at least the ball will travel on the ground to the fielder.

Generally, if you time a shot well it will pierce the field. You don't really need to think about it too much, just try different timings until you get the hang of it. Also, the longer a batsman is at the crease, the more likely that you will pierce the field regularly.

Best tip for Test batting I think is to learn how to play the lofted front- and back-foot cover drives. These shots are pretty much risk free while the CPU is using an attacking field. Look for balls wide of the off stump. These shots will get you boundaries and quickly increase your batsman's confidence.

I am still having a lot of trouble with ODI batting. It seems a lot harder than Test batting. Harder to time all the shots, especially the lofted shots. Although admittedly, I mainly play Tests.

It's kind of funny really - I have no trouble scoring at 6-8 runs an over in a Test (on Hard). But I'm flat out scoring at 4 an over in 50 over ODI's. In fact I'm lucky if I bat out my overs!!! Fortunately, the CPU is not particularly aggresive and is easy to peg down. I have succesfully defended totals from 90 up. My top 50 over ODI score at the moment for cpgv5 is 179 :eek: :crying However, i did defend it successfully :)

So if anyone has any ODI batting tips ... :help

Anyways, I was thinking about experimenting with swapping the batting files. I have already tried a ODI with the Test batting. I didn't bat out my overs, but I was at least able to score at 5-6 an over. I'm wondering how a Test would go with the ODI batting. Might have me scoring at a more realistic 3-4 an over.

Hope this helps m8 :D

Users who are viewing this thread