Coca-Cola Championship Thread

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Drama at Ashton Gate, Basso made a complete hash of a backpass, brought Smith down, Basso redeems himself by getting up and saving a Henderson penalty. Treva! I thought Basso was good! Well, he did save the penno I suppose ;)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH BASSO, OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH BASSO!!!!!!!!!

Basso saves penalty. Probably a deserved penalty as although he didn't go for a tackle he did clip him from behind (Can't remember who).

Great game so far :)

EDIT: Not what they said on the commentry Covlad :p It was McIndoe who brought him down!

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Colchester 1 Sheff Weds 2
Wade Small (44)

REALLY Bad news for Leicester :D hahaha
But, its sort of bad news for Coventry, but not too bad, unless we start losing again.

Trev, Dowie's words off Sky Sports News, not mine :p Thast how much that joke of a 'manager' knows about football! No wonder we lost so many games :p

Right then, second halfs. Lets hope for more interesting football (than the Leicester match :p)

Barnsley 2 Ipswich 1
Macken (50)

Thast it, I retire from predictions :p

Preston 0 Wolves 1
Keogh (52)

I don't often cheer a Wolves goal, but I am this one!!!

Nightmare for Plymouth, 1-0 down to Scunthorpe and have just had their Coventry born keeper Luke McCormick sent off, and they don't have a replacement keeper, and Lee Hodges has gone in goal to attempt a Rio Ferdinand :p

Preston have equalised :(

Coventry on top against United and hopefully we can score one of our many chances.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Well, we've thrown it AWAY AGAIN, Ward has just scored a penalty to make it 2-1 but I can't see us equalising. Well won Miffy but we've lost mate.

Manly

Thor
Town are REALLY crap.

3-1, and after "another defensive mistake", Howard slots home a penalty, and is now on a hat-trick.

At least Jordan Rhodes is playing now.

4-1, Howard gets his hat-trick, directly from a corner, by the sounds of things.

Start building for next season I think.

Bristol City are my new adopted team.

Last edited:

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Don't worry Maney, we know how you feel, except you're a lot higher in the league :(

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
You are playing the third best team in England. Leicester were down on Saturday lads.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Yep, leicester in the bottom three. I have to say, I would love to see Leicester down :p sorry leicester fox :p

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I don't support them and whilst as a league one side I might get to meet a few less famous people in the box and not see as many top birds it would be worth the drop in prices, the usual wins at home and the general **** taking of my mates.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
I think Coventry are down too unless we get a striker in quick, because Leon Best couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo today, and its the same old story, 500 chances, 0 goals, crap strikers. Well done Dowie, you have well and truly f*cked us up, sold Adebola and Kyle. Kyle I could deal with, but Adebola was the only one scoring. FFS Ranson, splash our for once you tight B*STARD!!!!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well a pretty good result last night, although expected more firepower in the 2nd half. Johnson made some decent changes and our defence was strong, although I deffo prefer Byfield to Trundle even if it's on the bench.

Shame Norwich couldn't grab a goal, which by the sounds of it they should've. Missed a lot of great chances and has let Stoke grab 2 points on us. Oh well, still top...

Also, Headline of the year for me!

'Hand of God' helps City stay top - Adriano Basso on his penalty save
BBC Sport

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread