Console Patch 3 Release?

When will it actually get released

Whenever they get that last approval from whatever region and platform they failed approvals at

I've only just gained an appreciation for how complex making games for consoles are in comparison to making one for PC or Mac - with the latter its much easier to push out patches and fixes, although sometimes those patches might make things worse since they aren't looked at by an external organisation...

no0b query - How come the size of patch is dependent on the region? Should it not be the same for the given platform irrespective of the region? In which case, shouldn't the patch have failed in all regions?

no0b query - How come the size of patch is dependent on the region? Should it not be the same for the given platform irrespective of the region? In which case, shouldn't the patch have failed in all regions?

It's not dependent on the region the patch should be the same size for all regions and consoles that's the problem. There is not an issue with the patch it's an issue with the hardware of the console that is causing the update to show up as being the size of the full game and not just the update. Please feel free to correct me anyone if this isn't correct.

It's not dependent on the region the patch should be the same size for all regions and consoles that's the problem. There is not an issue with the patch it's an issue with the hardware of the console that is causing the update to show up as being the size of the full game and not just the update. Please feel free to correct me anyone if this isn't correct.

In that case, should it not have failed in all the regions? (BigAnt says it failed only in 1 region)

Every region has a slightly different version, owing to the technical reasons for them being separate in the first place.

All I can say is that everything to release patch 3 has been done at Big Ant's end, the wait is just as frustrating for BA as it is for everyone waiting to get it.

Every region has a slightly different version, owing to the technical reasons for them being separate in the first place.

Ohh, didn't know the console H/W is different in different regions. Learnt something new today.

It's not really a hardware thing - the consoles are essentially the same hardware internally now. The technical reasons are far, far, less exciting than that.

Quite enjoying several other games at the moment. Whenever it gets over the line as done, it'll be great to try it out again, but the Rugby World Cup and it not being quite cricket season here is helping a little. Will be more than keen on the eventual next Don Bradman Cricket, but sporting game wise Rugby League Live 3 and Fifa are doing a great job filling in some of the time between now and then.

Quite enjoying several other games at the moment. Whenever it gets over the line as done, it'll be great to try it out again, but the Rugby World Cup and it not being quite cricket season here is helping a little. Will be more than keen on the eventual next Don Bradman Cricket, but sporting game wise Rugby League Live 3 and Fifa are doing a great job filling in some of the time between now and then.
Same here......for me its rugby league, ice hockey and baseball games.

News at Nine headlines: "People enjoy other things instead of cricket computer game" ...Reporting live, I'm BlockerDave for PCN News...

...everything to release patch 3 has been done at Big Ant's end...

Tell me more about that end... Do you refer to it around the office as "Big End?"

....the "Ant Exit?" ..."Big Hole?"

I've personally been playing lots of racing sims because they are very fun with a wheel and pedals, and because racing online can be fun if you avoid the turn 1 heroes. I'd personally recommend Stock Car Extreme (which is better than the dumb name suggests), Assetto Corsa and iRacing if you have money to throw away - the first has lots of cars that aren't in any other game, the last has the best net code of any game I've seen and the middle has both the Ford GT40 and a laserscanned Nordscheife which is possibly the best car/track combo its possible to have...

This is all very off topic but honestly its a much better discussion than anything else in this thread has been

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread