Console Patch 3 Release?

Agree with @tazzron and @C A Iversen. Even though personally I don't care about co-op and don't really mind the delay in patch 3, 15 months is more than a reasonable timeframe to deliver a feature which was promised. Taking shots at folks who expected co-op feature to be patched-in is not reasonable and I understand where those folks are coming from.

It's notable that you're both guys very fond of the PC version and using it a lot. It's very easy in that case to ignore the situation. You have what they don't in a format which suits yourselves

Aside from everything else you've said, this bit makes the least amount of sense. So I'll call you on it. You're saying the guy that owns the PS3 version and (now) the PS4 version* and allegedly purchased one if not both expecting there would be a priority placed on the one feature he maybe read on a third party forum from the developer, then turned out it wasn't a priority, because they've included:

• Online Saves
  • Career Mode
  • Hundreds of Bug Fixes
  • Fixing Batting multiple times and ajusting at will a number of shots via community feedback and consultation
  • Fixing fielding presets
  • Multiple controller reassignments

...to name but a few things we've had considerable support for over a year now, not withstanding the other minor fixes we either know nothing about or everything else that has been rolled out for PC all of which are vastly more of a priority than local Co-op, based on feedback from this community!

But no, lets drag the one thing Big Ant Studios haven't done and make a big deal about it for three pages.

Seriously.

Take a step back and just think about how utterly bizzare this complaint is. There have been, I would say, hundreds of other "Promises" made and delivered upon but some ungrateful person that willfully chooses not to purchase the superior PC version which gets patched obviously quicker than any other version, instead purchases the exact same game twice for console, willfully knowing it's going to be patched slower than any Steam supported version, is now complaining that it's taken too long because he wrongfully assumed it would be done quicker? Because, reasons?

Hilarious. It was never a priority**, they're not going to include it and cross their fingers and hope it works. They're going to TEST the thing before the release it on consoles because they're a company that can't be screwing around with multi-billion dollar companies that don't care about cricket and they're a PROFESSIONAL games developer who isn't going to push out a half-broken feature just because the CEO of the company said it on a third party forum.

I could go on...

...but I can't be bothered. If you chose to purchase an inferior version of the game that is not logically going to be supported as quick as the PC version, that's absolutely your prerogative but it's absolutely crazy to then go "well, I thought I would've got it sooner" when all the evidence, ALL the EVIDENCE supports that you might be lucky to get it at all, let alone at any speed because it's on a console and the EVIDENCE says that's bloody hard to get approvals on patches, and costs them money, time and they're going to test the shit outta it before releasing it.

*which is exactly the same game, minus a graphic update

** because if it was, there would be posts about it everywhere in the general feedback, the miriad of community threads would be full of "where is local co-op" and there would be half a dozen "give us local co-op" threads and it would've been prioritized based on the community needs, which is exactly what they've done for ALL the other fixes they've pushed out. I'm much happier they've fixed fielding, batting and the myriad of other gameplay fixes we've had, vs. some minor feature barely anyone has made noises about for months.

Last edited:
OH AND...

"All those other cricket games that had local-co-op" ...yeah, where are all those other games? Talk to me about the amazing online gameplay of Cricket07 or that amazing 'all that and more' career mode Ashes Cricket had... Or that amazing Brian Lara Cricket customer service and support that has developers as regular members of this forum, interacting with us daily...

Yeah, all those cricket games that had local co-op.

I win. [HASHTAG]#BrokenPromises[/HASHTAG]
etc, etc.

What do responses such as this offer? You're known for your wit and cheeky sniping comments and sometimes they are very clever. You'd be very wrong however, if you felt you'd never, ever crossed the line into humour derived from pointed negativity or childishness. That's not meant at all to be insulting, it's as much a fact as anything else you purport to say.

Aside from everything else you've said, this bit makes the least amount of sense. So I'll call you on it. You're saying the guy that owns the PS3 version and (now) the PS4 version* and allegedly purchased one if not both expecting there would be a priority placed on the one feature he maybe read on a third party forum from the developer, then turned out it wasn't a priority, because they've included:

• Online Saves
  • Career Mode
  • Hundreds of Bug Fixes
  • Fixing Batting multiple times and ajusting at will a number of shots via community feedback and consultation
  • Fixing fielding presets
  • Multiple controller reassignments

...to name but a few things we've had considerable support for over a year now, not withstanding the other minor fixes we either know nothing about or everything else that has been rolled out for PC all of which are vastly more of a priority than local Co-op, based on feedback from this community!

What a lot of bluster. You state the man's expectations as though they're you're own. From what I can see he never said that there was an expectation of priority. Don't void the rest of your viewpoint, by making up stuff. The expectation of a reasonable time-frame for fulfillment of a long-standing assurance of a feature is the issue.

But no, lets drag the one thing Big Ant Studios haven't done and make a big deal about it for three pages.

Seriously.

The big deal has played out through your own and blockerdave interjections and mockery as much as any other discussion in this thread.

Take a step back and just think about how utterly bizzare this complaint is. There have been, I would say, hundreds of other "Promises" made and delivered upon but some ungrateful person
You can say for sure that people are not grateful for the aspects they do have? I'm not so assumptive.

that willfully chooses not to purchase the superior PC version which gets patched obviously quicker than any other version, instead purchases the exact same game twice for console, willfully knowing it's going to be patched slower than any Steam supported version, is now complaining that it's taken too long because he wrongfully assumed it would be done quicker? Because, reasons?
I cannot give reasons to incorrect assertions. People are not obligated to buy the "superior PC version", that is irrelevant to the discussion other than the obvious (possible) bias that PC users may have given they have the features discussed. Yes, console users did know it would be patched slower than the Steam supported version, that has not really been the thrust of the discussion in this thread, but rather the time involved in the console release of the same features. People seem to understand that Steam will be patched first and this is reasonable. No-one in this thread has assumed it would be "done quicker" than Steam, where has that come from?

Hilarious. It was never a priority**, they're not going to include it and cross their fingers and hope it works. They're going to TEST the thing before the release it on consoles because they're a company that can't be screwing around with multi-billion dollar companies that don't care about cricket and they're a PROFESSIONAL games developer who isn't going to push out a half-broken feature just because the CEO of the company said it on a third party forum.

I could go on...

...but I can't be bothered. If you chose to purchase an inferior version of the game that is not logically going to be supported as quick as the PC version, that's absolutely your prerogative but it's absolutely crazy to then go "well, I thought I would've got it sooner" when all the evidence, ALL the EVIDENCE supports that you might be lucky to get it at all, let alone at any speed because it's on a console and the EVIDENCE says that's bloody hard to get approvals on patches, and costs them money, time and they're going to test the shit outta it before releasing it.

This really is turning into a reply to a rant, about things that were never said in the manner in which you are replying. In other words, you're coming across as distortive. I'm never sure why you say things like "Hilarious" or "I could go on, but I can't be bothered". It's as though hyperbole is the point, but it never is.

*which is exactly the same game, minus a graphic update

** because if it was, there would be posts about it everywhere in the general feedback, the miriad of community threads would be full of "where is local co-op" and there would be half a dozen "give us local co-op" threads and it would've been prioritized based on the community needs, which is exactly what they've done for ALL the other fixes they've pushed out. I'm much happier they've fixed fielding, batting and the myriad of other gameplay fixes we've had, vs. some minor feature barely anyone has made noises about for months.

These are all irrelevancies to the discussion and I'm not sure why they needed smaller print, but fair enough to you. It's great that you see other features as more important. I'm glad you enjoy them. I don't however see how there ever could be threads discussing the lack of co-op, given the negative, mocking and rude response to this one. :)

Last edited:
OH AND...

"All those other cricket games that had local-co-op" ...yeah, where are all those other games? Talk to me about the amazing online gameplay of Cricket07 or that amazing 'all that and more' career mode Ashes Cricket had... Or that amazing Brian Lara Cricket customer service and support that has developers as regular members of this forum, interacting with us daily...

Yeah, all those cricket games that had local co-op.

Who are you quoting, is it from this thread? Just wondering, as I don't remember any of this coming into the thread and it reads as an extension, or complication to the debate. :) Do we really need to go off on tangents? I always enjoy keeping things specific to the argument, but that's me.

It's great that you see other features as more important.

You've gone off the deep end now.

There has been barely any outcry from the PlanetCricket community since the launch of Don Bradman Cricket a year ago that made mention of Local Co-Op being something that should be a priority for the developers to include for specifically consoles, or the PC for that matter. There's been barely any mention of it because there's been hundreds of other more pressing priorities and the group of PC.org users that were part of the beta test can 100% back me up on the above. It's simply not been a priority for anyone, or the developers, because of all the other amazing features and tweaks we've had to the game for the past year. To suggest that "I see other features as more important" voids your entire argument right there because you're suggesting that I in anyway am not representative of the larger community, when in fact, it's the two or three people in this thread that are completely off-book around thinking that Local Co-Op, On Console, Should've already been patched and not only that, but they PURCHASED product based on their wrongful assumptions.

It's simple; You (as a buyer) have a choice what product/s you purhcase. If you choose to purchase a console version, that you know will be patched slower, if at all ...that's 100% your decision but you don't get to blame the developers if they patch the PC version more regularly. You also don't get to months-on try to hold them accountable for delays to your console version, that you purchased, even though you had a choice. If you purchase the SAME version of the game TWICE for different consoles (or console upgrades) twice the fool on you, because all the evidence for any gaming product shows that the PC version will always get regular patches and quicker and the console will get them slower, if at all... and eventually not be supported by the developer or indeed, the community as a whole.

I'm never sure why you say things like "Hilarious" or "I could go on, but I can't be bothered"

Because this thread is hilarious and I feel like I'm in some timewarp where we didn't get an awesome cricket game and we didn't get amazing support from the Big Ant guys and the fact they'll no doubt be reading some of this nonsense, is frankly embarrassing for some of the people posting. Hence why, I really could go on... but I can't be bothered. It's prolly better for you if you stop as well.

Local Co-Op never was, or is a priority. If you read into @Ross tea-leaves that it was, that's on you. It's certainly never been high on the list from anyone in the community that I've seen in the past year of hanging around this place and if this thread is any indication, it amounts to about 2 maybe 3 people that made poor purchase decisions expecting local Co-Op to be magically patched "for reasons" a while ago, none of which has any evidence to back it up.

You've gone off the deep end now.
Off the deep-end. Meaning?

There has been barely any outcry from the PlanetCricket community since the launch of Don Bradman Cricket a year ago that made mention of Local Co-Op being something that should be a priority for the developers to include for specifically consoles, or the PC for that matter. There's been barely any mention of it because there's been hundreds of other more pressing priorities and the group of PC.org users that were part of the beta test can 100% back me up on the above.
Let me just wade through this sea of hundreds of people backing you up to venture my own opinion. It might be weak, but I prefer to speak for myself.

It's simply not been a priority for anyone, or the developers, because of all the other amazing features and tweaks we've had to the game for the past year.
No, it's been a priority, just that other things have been higher priority. To my mind quite rightly, but for those seeking co-op, they would have preferred higher priority.

To suggest that "I see other features as more important" voids your entire argument right there
No, it doesn't. I have discussed and replied to multiple, varied points within this thread and they can't be all voided by that.

because you're suggesting that I in anyway am not representative of the larger community
You are representative of yourself and your own opinion and maybe whoever clicks a thanks to agree with you. Just like I represent myself. I was merely replying to the FACT that in that post (with small print) you stated the fixes that you were happier with. That's all.

when in fact, it's the two or three people in this thread that are completely off-book around thinking that Local Co-Op, On Console, Should've already been patched and not only that, but they PURCHASED product based on their wrongful assumptions.
Off book? Which one are they "off"? To me it seems that they think that given the time-frame it's been longer than they would've thought it would've been. No-one has at ANY stage stated that they feel the promise has been broken. Their assumption has been that there WILL BE local co-op and that assumption is still a fair one. They are griping about time-frame. There's a difference.

It's simple; You (as a buyer) have a choice what product/s you purhcase. If you choose to purchase a console version, that you know will be patched slower, if at all ...that's 100% your decision but you don't get to blame the developers if they patch the PC version more regularly.
That has not happened in this thread.

You also don't get to months-on try to hold them accountable for delays to your console version, that you purchased, even though you had a choice. If you purchase the SAME version of the game TWICE for different consoles (or console upgrades) twice the fool on you, because all the evidence for any gaming product shows that the PC version will always get regular patches and quicker and the console will get them slower, if at all... and eventually not be supported by the developer or indeed, the community as a whole
No-one is trying to "hold them accountable", they are just griping about how long it's taking. Ross himself has stated that he's not happy about it himself. Oh by the way, you don't get to tell us, what people get to do, or get to make up or exaggerate people's concerns. You do it anyhow.

Because this thread is hilarious and I feel like I'm in some timewarp where we didn't get an awesome cricket game and we didn't get amazing support from the Big Ant guys and the fact they'll no doubt be reading some of this nonsense, is frankly embarrassing for some of the people posting. Hence why, I really could go on... but I can't be bothered. It's prolly better for you if you stop as well.

Local Co-Op never was, or is a priority. If you read into @Ross tea-leaves that it was, that's on you. It's certainly never been high on the list from anyone in the community that I've seen in the past year of hanging around this place and if this thread is any indication, it amounts to about 2 maybe 3 people that made poor purchase decisions expecting local Co-Op to be magically patched "for reasons" a while ago, none of which has any evidence to back it up.

Really? It's hilarious? You don't post like someone having a good time. There were no "tea-leaves" (you're a metaphor fiend arent' ya?) there was a definitive statement, that still holds true.
This thread is not the full extent of interest in Co-op.

Now that I'm done replying to everything else, maybe I can put forth my views on the situation?

I am extremely happy with the situation. I am still looking forward to Patch 3 on console. It's a let-down it's been delayed by approvals. I have ZERO blame for Ross or the team at Big Ant in relation to the delay. I'm not disappointed in them at all. They appear to be doing all they can and more. I'm thankful and grateful for all they've done with Don Bradman Cricket, to the fullest extent, as it stands now as a game. Everything I've stated here in this thread has been a defence of others rights to express their thoughts on the matter without ridicule, mockery or distortion.

Looking forward to it guys, thanks.

Cool story. Imma go play local co-op on my Mac against my cat. Be right back...

[HASHTAG]#Cat[/HASHTAG]

Cool story. Imma go play local co-op on my Mac against my cat. Be right back...

Well this pretty much sums up the way you've come across in this thread. You have made some pretty solid points that I agree with mostly however you are so condescending it hurts. You obviously play this game on PC and as such have enjoyed the prompt, regular, community driven patches that version has received. Therefore it does seem like you are criticising people for being impatient for a feature that you yourself do not have to wait for. Also criticising people for personally desiring one feature over another is ridiculous as it is all obviously subjective. I agree on your points about not buying a game based on something that has only been rumoured to be a future inclusion. I think you are missing the point however in that many of us who have owned the game since release have sat and watched as the game has been continually been improved and fixed on one platform and not the others. This process takes time I get that but as someone who appears to be playing the nice, updated PC version I'm not sure if you are in a position to judge those who have been waiting months for a new update.

EDIT: I should also add that I also am not meaning to focus blame on Big Ant or anyone for that matter. I also think they have done a great job in supporting this game and it's community and that some reasons behind this delay are obviously beyond their control especially now it is in the approval stage. People are clearly getting frustrated by the combination of the lack of progress and the relative lack of communication in the past few weeks.

Last edited:
What exactly is co-op and how does it work? I m not much of a gamer so pardon my lack of knowledge on it. I did try to Google it but can't really grasp... so hoping any one of you could shed some light on it and how it will work in this game with the new patch coming out for consoles.

Does anyone with actual human friends have any feedback on local co-op? Is is awesome??

What exactly is co-op and how does it work?

You get a mate over (not a pet) and you each have a controller. You control one batsman and they control the other. If you run; they run. Once they are on strike you sit back and they bat. And when they yell "RUN!" you hit run. Or maybe you don't and they get run out. So much fun.

Similar story with bowling. You alternate i.e. one bowls and the other fields. When your mate yells "CATCH!" you usually panic and drop it. Again; so much fun.

That's generally how it's worked for me in other games.

What exactly is co-op and how does it work? I m not much of a gamer so pardon my lack of knowledge on it. I did try to Google it but can't really grasp... so hoping any one of you could shed some light on it and how it will work in this game with the new patch coming out for consoles.

Basically Co-op means we will be able to play on the same team rather than vs each other. So for example when your team is batting you will each have a batsman to control. Personally (and as is evident in this thread this is all very subjective) I find Co-op to be more fun in sports games and particularly cricket games than vs. The ability to bat out a long innings with a mate or battle through a world cup style tournament together is something I have wanted to do since the games release. It's been a long wait but hopefully we'll have it soon.

Does anyone with actual human friends have any feedback on local co-op? Is is awesome??

You get a mate over (not a pet) and you each have a controller. You control one batsman and they control the other. If you run; they run. Once they are on strike you sit back and they bat. And when they yell "RUN!" you hit run. Or maybe you don't and they get run out. So much fun.

Similar story with bowling. You alternate i.e. one bowls and the other fields. When your mate yells "CATCH!" you usually panic and drop it. Again; so much fun.

That's generally how it's worked for me in other games.

Ahh.. sounds like fun! Thanks for the info man. I remember doing this with stick cricket on phones like we each used to bat for our own player but had to obviously keep swapping phones tho... it'd be fun to have such a feature.

Have we ever had this feature before in any other cricket games?

The bottom line in my opinion is that I was upfront and told people they would not get the co-op feature in the console versions at the time of release and this was stated prior to purchase. No one can make any claim that it was not clear.

The timeframe for delivery of it would have been a lot sooner if it were not for all of the other amendments to the code that will be present in that same patch. We always want to have patches in peoples hands ASAP and wherever that has not occurred then I'd like to think that the history of our company and the ongoing support of our customers would enable enough goodwill for reading between the lines and understanding that it is events beyond our control.

If it were not for platform parity clauses in the publisher contracts then the majority of fans would already have the patch.

I've never broken a promise with regards to any of our games, we will fulfil this one too.

No worries!

Yeah, every cricket game that I've ever played at least.

I think that's why so many people are frustrated at the fact that it's been missing from this one.

Users who are viewing this thread