Console Patch 3 Release?

I think in general, most people who like co-op in this thread have been doing little more than venting some disappointment at the time-frame.

I see a lot of praise for Big Ant, there seems to be a lot of gratitude for what we do have so far. Most people seem to know it's off in the approvals stage and there's not really very much Big Ant or anyone else can do right now about that.

Yes exactly!! Some people have seemed to have got confused here into thinking we're criticising the game in general. I love the game and think that they have developed an extremely good base for future titles in this series. The gameplay is mostly excellent (although not perfect) and it allows them to hopefully focus on more immersive and in depth features like a dynamic career mode with retirements and list changes and more customisation options through the Academy in the next game.

I am pretty sure it's the same changes that took place in all the steam updates till now. Plus the much talked about local co-op. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes exactly!! Some people have seemed to have got confused here into thinking we're criticising the game in general. I love the game and think that they have developed an extremely good base for future titles in this series. The gameplay is mostly excellent (although not perfect) and it allows them to hopefully focus on more immersive and in depth features like a dynamic career mode with retirements and list changes and more customisation options through the Academy in the next game.

to clarify, i don't have problem with people liking/wanting co-op as a feature; i also don't have a problem with people thinking the patch has taken too long to come to console. These are perfectly reasonable positions.

I do have a problem with one poster who:
  • thinks co-op is such a priority the patch should have been rushed out with co-op only, and none of the additional improvements
  • having that uber-priority for co-op, and knowing that co-op isn't currently a feature, buys the game on multiple platforms then bitches about it not having co-op
The two positions I've bulleted for clarity are absolutely moronic.[DOUBLEPOST=1443008102][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am pretty sure it's the same changes that took place in all the steam updates till now. Plus the much talked about local co-op. Correct me if I'm wrong.

yes, with the exception of the modding stuff which is PC specific, the console patch should otherwise put consoles in line with the latest position on the PC

The patch will bring all versions into line plus specific improvements for each of the consoles with regard to lighting, frame rate, and the like.

We took a view that adding more stuff was more important than making a quick patch to address only the co-op. I can understand people questioning whether the patch exists etc. except for the fact that co-op has been on Steam for months and it is mostly the same code for each platform.

I am not here to criticise, I thank all for their support in purchasing DBC, I'm just putting forth my point of view - it's not an attack on anybody.

•Further improvements to field placement selection.
•Resolved applying fields to all batters/bowlers issue.
•Resolved rare co-op save & resume functionality issues

•Added ability to set a single field for all batsmen and bowlers at once.
•Fielding selections will now carry over between bowlers.
•Reworked AI field placement decisions and field choices.

•Added [P] symbol to score HUD to show power-play.
•Added online co-op difficulty choice.
•Added online versus difficulty choice.
•Added ability to select batsmen before super over.
•Added Lofted sweep and lofted reverse sweep shots - Use LB+LT.
•Added Advance grounded shots - Use RB+LT+RT.
•Added ability to set fields in practice match, for bowler.
•Improved AI run chase pacing.
•AI attempt to run between wickets more aggressively (should be attempting more 1's & 2's where applicable, as well as 3's).
•Changed time limit for looking around field (unlimited in single player - 8 seconds in multiplayer).
•Corrected missing delivery sometimes resulting in the batsman twitching - causing run outs/stumpings.
•Corrected batsman slides back a bit towards default position after moving him.
•Corrected swapping to the wicketkeepers position in the batting lineup made you WK in Career mode.
•Corrected moving a player up the batting order, shuffling the rest of the order down.
•Corrected AI shot choices on a free-hit.
•Corrected super over run chase not being aggressive.
•Resolved a crash when resuming a casual match and selecting the away side.
- Online/offline 2 player vs AI co-op mode.
- Online/offline 2 player vs 2 player co-op mode.
- Improvements to online gameplay connections.
- Ability to change difficulty in career at any point.
- Ability to skip to career player at any point.
- Pause Menu Indicator now says Partner when in co-op.
- Changed score HUD from KPH to KM/H.
- Changed format of Score HUD.
- Removed difficulty notification in Career.
- Running call sound effects in online co-op multiplayer.
- Removed forfeit warnings when playing online co-op multiplayer
•Resolved bowler selection issue in career.
  • 2 v AI coop.Improved Online issues.Change of difficulty in career at any stage.
Quoted from Facebook page! Sounds great !!!

to clarify, i don't have problem with people liking/wanting co-op as a feature; i also don't have a problem with people thinking the patch has taken too long to come to console. These are perfectly reasonable positions.

I do have a problem with one poster who:
  • thinks co-op is such a priority the patch should have been rushed out with co-op only, and none of the additional improvements
  • having that uber-priority for co-op, and knowing that co-op isn't currently a feature, buys the game on multiple platforms then bitches about it not having co-op
The two positions I've bulleted for clarity are absolutely moronic.

My problem is with how long it is taking to deliver the promise of co-op. I'm almost certain that NO ONE thought it would take more than a year to fulfil a promise that they made. So I stand by my feeling that I made no mistake in thinking co-op would have been added to consoles earlier than this. This stance is anything but moronic.

To give me the choice between having only co-op vs all the extra improvements in patch 3 is unfair to say the least. All I'm saying is that they should have prioritised co-op more than they have.

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the manner in which @Biggs especially dealt with my comments were uncalled for. I've come to accept the manner in which Biggs deals with others he disagrees with because calling him out on it (like I did in another thread) results in comments like these:

Sorry being mocked is new to you on the internet, it's a whole new world for you today, I'm glad I've opened the door. *holds hands*

Last edited:
•Further improvements to field placement selection.
•Resolved applying fields to all batters/bowlers issue.
•Resolved rare co-op save & resume functionality issues

•Added ability to set a single field for all batsmen and bowlers at once.
•Fielding selections will now carry over between bowlers.
•Reworked AI field placement decisions and field choices.

•Added [P] symbol to score HUD to show power-play.
•Added online co-op difficulty choice.
•Added online versus difficulty choice.
•Added ability to select batsmen before super over.
•Added Lofted sweep and lofted reverse sweep shots - Use LB+LT.
•Added Advance grounded shots - Use RB+LT+RT.
•Added ability to set fields in practice match, for bowler.
•Improved AI run chase pacing.
•AI attempt to run between wickets more aggressively (should be attempting more 1's & 2's where applicable, as well as 3's).
•Changed time limit for looking around field (unlimited in single player - 8 seconds in multiplayer).
•Corrected missing delivery sometimes resulting in the batsman twitching - causing run outs/stumpings.
•Corrected batsman slides back a bit towards default position after moving him.
•Corrected swapping to the wicketkeepers position in the batting lineup made you WK in Career mode.
•Corrected moving a player up the batting order, shuffling the rest of the order down.
•Corrected AI shot choices on a free-hit.
•Corrected super over run chase not being aggressive.
•Resolved a crash when resuming a casual match and selecting the away side.
- Online/offline 2 player vs AI co-op mode.
- Online/offline 2 player vs 2 player co-op mode.
- Improvements to online gameplay connections.
- Ability to change difficulty in career at any point.
- Ability to skip to career player at any point.
- Pause Menu Indicator now says Partner when in co-op.
- Changed score HUD from KPH to KM/H.
- Changed format of Score HUD.
- Removed difficulty notification in Career.
- Running call sound effects in online co-op multiplayer.
- Removed forfeit warnings when playing online co-op multiplayer
•Resolved bowler selection issue in career.
  • 2 v AI coop.Improved Online issues.Change of difficulty in career at any stage.
Quoted from Facebook page! Sounds great !!!

Thanks for this I have seen it before but not so neatly formatted. All these changes sound absolutely spot on what I have been wanting. Apart from the Co-op of course I am particularly keen for the field staying the same for different batsman and the improved AI run chasing and running between the wickets as I spend half my time as a bowler changing my fields and I have never got a single run out against the AI.

My original post to start this thread was mostly about the lack of info regarding the patch delay and I am happy that it has started a passionate discussion and prompted replies from both @BigAntStudios (Ross) and @MattW which have been very reasoned and informative and I thank them both for their input and work throughout these forums. I am very keen for this update to release so we can all enjoy the full experience of the greatest cricket game made to date.

My little 2c on the prior arguement:

Ross promised keyboard controls so does that mean I can go ham when the pc version doesnt have keyboard controls?

/thread

My little 2c on the prior arguement:

Ross promised keyboard controls so does that mean I can go ham when the pc version doesnt have keyboard controls?

/thread

I'm honestly unsure what going "ham" is? It's not a reference I've heard before. Also, Ross didn't promise keyboard controls. I could be wrong, but he did state that the next one would likely have it due to demand. I'm unsure of how keyboard controls on PC relates in any way to the console discussion. :)

It does seem to me that more and more nowadays people seem to want to discuss things specifically, but instead link one matter to another. Almost as if someone might say 5 is so close to 6 that it is 6 and 7 is right next door to that, so 7 is 5 etc.

Users who are viewing this thread