Cricket Academy Problems

I'm having an issue - PS3 controller. I try to run it through motioninjoy (*shudders*) as a PS3 controller, and it only lets me play leg-side stuff. Its not a problem with calibration, because I loaded up rfactor straight after and all of the buttons and triggers work as expected (the sticks auto-center and move left and right; the triggers work as they should); and the left stick seems to respond sensibly between deliveries). However, if I run the game with the controller emulating the xbox controller; then there seems to be a huge delay - the only ideal timing shot I had was a forward defensive that I had to play as the machine beeped; so it certainly isn't handling the same as everyone seems to be acting as if it is. There probably are a few other factors (I'm only get around 20-30 FPS; and its a PS3 controller in the worst controller driver ever), but it might be something to look at?

I'm having an issue - PS3 controller. I try to run it through motioninjoy (*shudders*) as a PS3 controller, and it only lets me play leg-side stuff. Its not a problem with calibration, because I loaded up rfactor straight after and all of the buttons and triggers work as expected (the sticks auto-center and move left and right; the triggers work as they should); and the left stick seems to respond sensibly between deliveries). However, if I run the game with the controller emulating the xbox controller; then there seems to be a huge delay - the only ideal timing shot I had was a forward defensive that I had to play as the machine beeped; so it certainly isn't handling the same as everyone seems to be acting as if it is. There probably are a few other factors (I'm only get around 20-30 FPS; and its a PS3 controller in the worst controller driver ever), but it might be something to look at?

Try lowering the resolution maybe?

Having major lag issues on my laptop. Not sure it's due to motionjoy PS3 thingy or coz I have a low end laptop with built in intel graphics card. The lag is so much that I can't really play fast bowlers and for medium pacers I have to pre-mediate the shot nearly as soon as the ball leaves the bowling machine.

@IceAgeComing, looks like we are in the same boat. I had the same problem before I figured out it was the lag issue and you will see batsman play shots on the off side way too late or not at all as it's way too late. Try playing shots as soon as the ball leaves the bowling machine and you will see batsman playing off drives.

Anyone has any idea how to reduce the lag? Are there any settings I can tweak to make it better?

Same with me, on Windows 8. Yet when I tried on Windows 7 (both 64-bit) it worked fine!

Tried updating drivers, etc on W8, but to no avail.
Same here, graphic option crashes. I'm on windows 7 64bit.

I've just figured out that playing with a PlayStation controller, the responses are like this.

Right Stick Down = Right
Right Stick Up = Left
Right Stick Right = Down
Right Stick Left = Up

Square = Triangle
Triangle = Square
X = Circle
Circle = X

R1 = R2
R2 = R1
L1 = L2
L2 = L1

Jesus early Septembering Christ! :lol

The right stick movements explain everything (why it was always going down the leg side every time I tried to hit it forward, for example). Definitely need to get these reassigned for 360 controls somehow. Suggestions? I know a few have been posted but I'd rather they didn't affect my controls for every game I play.

Tried the one you linked in the first place from Google, set it all up configured the controls how they should be and they made no difference to the game. Tried playing with the program open and tried playing with it closed and the controls are still exactly the same regardless of the changes I made. Giving up on this for now. :facepalm

Tried the one you linked in the first place from Google, set it all up configured the controls how they should be and they made no difference to the game. Tried playing with the program open and tried playing with it closed and the controls are still exactly the same regardless of the changes I made. Giving up on this for now. :facepalm

I used the motioninjoy to install PS3 controller drivers and configured PS3 controller using 'Better DS3' tool. CA is laggy, probably due to lower end lappy I have, but the PS3 controller works fine.

HBK, I have an issue while trying to play it fine to the leg side on the back foot. Every time I do that the batsman moves to his left(back) and tries to cut it fine on the off side.
But I'm sure there is no controller issue cause if I try it again after I mishit he tries to play it again and he plays it right.

I've now tried the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator and Motion In Joy but the changes in input configuration are not picked up at all by the game, and the controls continue in the same mixed up fashion. I wouldn't mind if it was just buttons but the mixed up directions on the right stick are impossible. How are people who are having to use some sort of extra software managing to get it recognised by the game? I've haven't had this kind of problem on a PC game for absolutely years. :facepalm

The controller mixed up buttons spoils the fun,,,I have same issues as well(PS3),,,L3 when pressed is pause, then I can't seem to have a defense trigger, every button sends the ball going, I hardly seemed to to make contact with the ball when spin was on, couldn't pull a short ball for six on fast bowling

*major concern, controls mix up*

Sometimes we do forget that the tutorial isn't in this aspect of the game.

So for those that need it, here's some help.

Anything north of the equator of the Left Stick (that is anything on top half) is your Front Foot placement. From the perspective of a right hander, that means that up and right (in a diagonal angle) would be moving your player to the front and right. Up and left (on a diagonal angle), will be front and left.

Same thing goes for back foot, anything south of the equator (bottom half of stick) is your back foot movement. Back and left will move you back and left. I think you'll start to see what I'm getting at now. Basically, the angle and direction of the left stick will move your player in that angle and direction. For pull shots you will need to get on the back foot, otherwise you'll play around the ball, etc.

As for what is being perceived as 'not the shot I played'. On lower difficulties the foot placement is assisted for you. If you want full control, bump it up to Legend (Veteran and Pro have less assistance too), let it be know that you will need to get it very spot on though at that difficulty.

It's recommended to start on Amateur or Rookie and just get used to what the movement and positioning is like.

Also on those difficulties, if you take a look at the ball marker (the circle around the ball) you will see it flash white for a split second. This indicates perfect timing. That will not be there on the higher difficulties though, meaning you need to know your timing to get it in the ideal range.

Hope that helps. :)

----------

Oh and I'll also add a couple of other things I forgot.

The colours around the ball indicate where the ball is pitching.

Yellow = Full
Red = Short
Green = Good

The ball marker will also have a gap depending on which line it's pitching, a gap to the left of the ball means it's pitching right, a gap to the right, means it's pitching left. No gap means it's on middle stump.

As for the triggers, they do indeed work. Although it's not really the best showing of them in the nets as they don't do the damage they might on the real grounds. ;) But yes, L2/LT is an aggressive shot, which means the ball will generally be more lofted. R2/RT is a defensive shot. R2/RT+L2/LT is an aggressive grounded shot meaning the ball will be hit hard along the ground.

L1/LB is your unorthodox shots, like the scoop, sweep, etc. And R1/RB is the advance down the pitch, which is best used against spinners imo.

Now that certainly helps, I came in this thread to actually report that the batsman isn't moving left or right when moved by me, but now I realized that I was playing on rookie settings :D Thanks Ross, after practicing in lower level I'll advance further.

After about 20mins I finally was able to time the advance down the wicket shot. Took me FOREVER... Certainly easier against the spin bowlers, the faster deliveries you basically had to predict the line and length and then just go for a split-second after the bowling machine beeps...

So basically, just like me advancing down the wicket in real life. All guesswork and luck...

I applaud this games ability to reflect real-life :lol

Users who are viewing this thread