Cricket Academy Problems

There are so many cameras in this game, including broadcast.

They are not available in the nets.

----------

Stupid, just stupid. No front on batting camera?

Calling me stupid? hmm thanks.

I'm with Matt on this, I was dubious camera-wise, but the controls feel so natural now from behind the batsman I won't be playing any other way... you're watching the ball more than you're watching the player anyway...

Can't get into Pro View... yet.

Genuinely think you're doing yourself a disservice not giving the new camera views a shot. I prefer the high-angle view than the close-in view, personally... gives me a bigger scope.

I'm yet to play it but the pro camera, particularly to spin, looks very difficult. I was watching someone play on YouTube and I honestly couldn't tell if it was a left or right handed batsman.

I'm with Matt on this, I was dubious camera-wise, but the controls feel so natural now from behind the batsman I won't be playing any other way... you're watching the ball more than you're watching the player anyway...

Can't get into Pro View... yet.

Genuinely think you're doing yourself a disservice not giving the new camera views a shot. I prefer the high-angle view than the close-in view, personally... gives me a bigger scope.

and... Oculus Rift just got $75 Million in funding... we've played DBC14 in the office with it, when it goes commercial it will blow minds! You will NEVER use a bowling camera to bat ever again.

I've just been giving the Pro camera a go. It is certainly going to take some getting used to, but it is very playable. I probably wouldn't play in it unless I was using the Rift but it could be fun every now and again

Off Topic- Ross for you personally; is motion sickness an issue with the Rift? And do you have a problem with the dev version's resolution being too low. It is easily my most anticipated upcoming gaming release (closely followed by DBC14)

I've just been giving the Pro camera a go. It is certainly going to take some getting used to, but it is very playable. I probably wouldn't play in it unless I was using the Rift but it could be fun every now and again

Off Topic- Ross for you personally; is motion sickness an issue with the Rift? And do you have a problem with the dev version's resolution being too low. It is easily my most anticipated upcoming gaming release (closely followed by DBC14)

Rift makes you ill if it's not done well, we've done massive 360 degree projector mining and police sims before so we sort-of know what we're doing.

I am not able to even touch the ball and I don't know why. :(
Someone please help me.

I can't even do the foot placement. I am using PS3 controller.

I can leave the ball but I can't hit/defend it

I've got an issue with getting my player to play his shots (sounds similar to the post above).

I've set up CA perfectly. I set up my PS3 DS3 controller using motionjoy and followed all the instructions , including enabling XBox 360 mode.

My controller is detected by the computer. Vibration works. I can use the controller to navigate within CA and set up a net session. However, once I'm inside the net session, no matter what I try and do (including restarting the laptop), my Bradman isn't responding at all. He won't even move before the ball is bowled.

What do I do?

Edit: The only actions that seem to work is pressing on R3, which allows me to duck/leave, and moving the batsman pre-delivery using the D-pad, not the left stick. Motionjoy seems to indicate the controller settings from Xbox to DS3 are fine, so I can't understand what the problem is. At least that shows that the controller is correctly detected during nets. Both the sticks and all 4 trigger buttons do nothing.

Additionally, a joy.cpl test on my Win 7 indicates that my controller and its buttons are detected correctly.

It shouldn't be so difficult for this to work, surely?

Last edited:
ok there are no animations when the batsman gets hit,he sometimes walk through the wicket and nets and he does not allow me to play the shot i want eg. the ball was on the leg side i tried to flick it and he played it through the covers :) im really enjoying it otherwise though. but im missing broadcast cam ive never sucessfully played a cricket game well from behing cam :cheers

I seem to be having the same problems as everyone else using a PS3 controller. The game doesn't seem to recognise analog stick movements.

I'm not sure if this counts as a 'problem'... but I've found it is virtually impossible to miss the ball if you go back foot defense and press the right stick at about South East (300 degrees?).

You can nick it though.

I am not able to even touch the ball and I don't know why. :(
Someone please help me.

I can't even do the foot placement. I am using PS3 controller.

I can leave the ball but I can't hit/defend it

Try to play the shot as soon as the ball comes out of the bowling machine. Conversely change the bowling type to spin and play shots early (soon after bowling machine spits out the ball) and see if you can get the batsman to play the shot.

I suspect you have lag issues as well and when you face a fast bowler by the time you play the shot it's way too late for the batsman to do so in the nets and you get the message 'Late missed'.

----------

I've got an issue with getting my player to play his shots (sounds similar to the post above).

I've set up CA perfectly. I set up my PS3 DS3 controller using motionjoy and followed all the instructions , including enabling XBox 360 mode.

My controller is detected by the computer. Vibration works. I can use the controller to navigate within CA and set up a net session. However, once I'm inside the net session, no matter what I try and do (including restarting the laptop), my Bradman isn't responding at all. He won't even move before the ball is bowled.

What do I do?

Edit: The only actions that seem to work is pressing on R3, which allows me to duck/leave, and moving the batsman pre-delivery using the D-pad, not the left stick. Motionjoy seems to indicate the controller settings from Xbox to DS3 are fine, so I can't understand what the problem is. At least that shows that the controller is correctly detected during nets. Both the sticks and all 4 trigger buttons do nothing.

It shouldn't be so difficult for this to work, surely?

Same as above.

Users who are viewing this thread