Cricket Academy Problems

My question is, how do you control the power while playing the ground shots? you certainly helps if you want to score a single or 2 runs.
The first thing that came to my mind is by using the analog triggers. or,
is it possible to control the power from the RAS also?

RAS is not used for power. Its just shot direction/selection,

One thing which I do not like that much even though I know its happening because of me is that I am able to swing my bat twice if I do it during one ball. sometimes it even make Bradman to go behind stumps and do swing animation while playing with backfoot on second swing .. I think swing animation should happens only once for a ball then user should not be allowed swing again.

Anyways thats very minor thing .. only I have to be less excited while playing my shots :D and should not swing twice. May be in main game this is not allowed.

Other than that this is first game where I am loving doing NETS after MLB the Show 13 which itself says game is reaching beyond expectations. :thumbs

Anyways thats very minor thing .. only I have to be less excited while playing my shots :D and should not swing twice. May be in main game this is not allowed.

That is for you stop the ball from rolling onto the stumps if it is. But you cant do that in nets, just in the main game.

I got a bug which makes difficult to play in nets.when playing on nets for 5minutes my fps drops to below 5..when i touches the mouse the game goes back to full speed..plz somebody help

I got a bug which makes difficult to play in nets.when playing on nets for 5minutes my fps drops to below 5..when i touches the mouse the game goes back to full speed..plz somebody help

Kill the bug and feed it to the mouse?

Yeah, unfortunately the cheap controllers will generally use the digital inputs. We have some of the cheapies at the office and I steer WELL clear of them!:lol

You just can't get the same level of fidelity with them from a development point of view. Instead of 100 levels of pressure sensitivity (as a non-real example) you just go from 1 to 100 with no in between.

That said, it won't change your overall ability to play the game. It'll just change your ability to add more or less power to the shot being played off the triggers.

Well that just ruined my day...i have one of those "cheapies" and to not be able to control the power of shots will drive me nuts...ill have to buy a xbox 360 controller...

Anyways what i came here to ask originally was that in the first person mode, when u play any shot in the V down the ground, the batsmans arm just completely blocks the view...how am i supposed to know whether to run or not??? Is this a issue that will be fixed or am i missing something?

Anyone knows whether you can control power for shots where you only use the left & right sticks (no triggers)? Would be great if you can play a well timed but a soft shot into the gap so you can run 2 before the boundary rider can field the ball.

Anyone knows whether you can control power for shots where you only use the left & right sticks (no triggers)? Would be great if you can play a well timed but a soft shot into the gap so you can run 2 before the boundary rider can field the ball.

No bro u cant...controlling the power of the shots can only be done through analogue triggers...

No bro u cant...controlling the power of the shots can only be done through analogue triggers...

Maybe that's something to add in the next iteration. There has to be a way to control power of standard shots as well, and not just the 'Aggressive' or 'Unorthodox' shots which use triggers.

Maybe that's something to add in the next iteration. There has to be a way to control power of standard shots as well, and not just the 'Aggressive' or 'Unorthodox' shots which use triggers.

Well the trigger controlled shots are Agressive and Defensive...unorthodox shots are controlled through the left bumper...also u can control the power of agressive ground shots by pressing both triggers...as to standard shots i have absolutely no idea...but as far as ive read, controlling power is simply not possible without triggers period

I may be wrong since im not a very reliable source in this matter owing to the fact that i do not own a controller with triggers

is there anyway i can fix the lag issues i am having?

example, i have to play a shot as soon as i hear the beep on the bowling machine instead of watching the ball and picking a line, otherwise i miss the ball

if its a hardware problem on my pc, then cool, i dont mind because i will be buying dbc14 on ps3 so i dont care if it dont work on my pc

but if there is a way to line it up properly to practice in the nets then that would be ideal

at the moment the beep goes off, and i just pick a shot and play it and hope for the best, which isnt exactly helping me practise!

apart from this, it looks amazing

Users who are viewing this thread