Cricket Academy Problems

is there anyway i can fix the lag issues i am having?

example, i have to play a shot as soon as i hear the beep on the bowling machine instead of watching the ball and picking a line, otherwise i miss the ball

if its a hardware problem on my pc, then cool, i dont mind because i will be buying dbc14 on ps3 so i dont care if it dont work on my pc

but if there is a way to line it up properly to practice in the nets then that would be ideal

at the moment the beep goes off, and i just pick a shot and play it and hope for the best, which isnt exactly helping me practise!

apart from this, it looks amazing
I just posted this in another thread but I'll copy-paste it here for you;

To check if your controller is responding properly, go to;

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers

Right-click your controller > Game controller settings > Properties

From here you can test your controller inputs and see how responsive they are.

There is a software called gamebooster or something. Someone posted it here. Use that. I have heard good things about it.

Been trying to play the CA but it not just crashes but shuts down my computer

Hi, i installed the cricket academy nets beta but when i try and run it i get the following message "d3dx9_43.dll is missing try reinstalling the program to fix the problem" i have not installed any of the other cricket academy betas first time i downloaded a Don bradman cricket 14 file. I have tried to reinstall but still got the same message, have a high end laptop so no problem with the requirements. Thanks for any help on how to install the cricket nets and play it

As a clue for those people wondering about their PC lag, I have this both running on my tablet and PC

Tablet - Microsoft Surface Pro - I5 Haswell, 4gig ram, HD 4000 graphics controller. Everything on low graphics settings and I do experience some issues with shot playing.. have to pre-emptive alot.

PC - I5 Sandybridge overclocked, 4 gig ram, Raedon HD 6750 3 gig ram - All graphic settings on highest - No lag at all.

The lag is definately platform based (graphics card is probably the main bottleneck). Still surprised it runs as smoothly as it does on the Surface though.

Hi, i installed the cricket academy nets beta but when i try and run it i get the following message "d3dx9_43.dll is missing try reinstalling the program to fix the problem" i have not installed any of the other cricket academy betas first time i downloaded a Don bradman cricket 14 file. I have tried to reinstall but still got the same message, have a high end laptop so no problem with the requirements. Thanks for any help on how to install the cricket nets and play it

Google d3dx9_.dll and download it from any dll files site...save it into your game folder...if that doesnt work then update your directx...aspirin is right though update dx first

And for those with lag...simply go into graphics options and reduce every setting to low even the resolution...if theres an improvement, u need a better gpu/cpu depending on your current setup...also u can download a software like msi afterburner to give u details of gpu/cpu usage during gameplay...with this u are sure to find out if your issues are related to hardware or software...

Last edited:
Google d3dx9_.dll and download it from any dll files site...save it into your game folder

Please don't. You never know what those files might contain.

While installing the game did you "check" all the 3 boxes the game was trying to install? If not uninstall and reinstall. If yes, update to the latest directx version.

Hey Mat...could u help me out with the issue i asked about on page 7 of this thread...the batsmans arm blocking the view...its not a problem in the nets but in the game u need to know the location of ball exactly especially in the case of quick singles

In the Pro Camera you can move the camera with the right stick while running.

In the Pro Camera you can move the camera with the right stick while running.

So i will be blind until i start a run...what if the bowler has fielded the bowl himself, that would mean a easy runout...

Do you really think they would make it that you can't watch where the ball is going?

Users who are viewing this thread