Cricket Academy Problems

I've got an issue with getting my player to play his shots (sounds similar to the post above).

I've set up CA perfectly. I set up my PS3 DS3 controller using motionjoy and followed all the instructions , including enabling XBox 360 mode.

My controller is detected by the computer. Vibration works. I can use the controller to navigate within CA and set up a net session. However, once I'm inside the net session, no matter what I try and do (including restarting the laptop), my Bradman isn't responding at all. He won't even move before the ball is bowled.

What do I do?

Edit: The only actions that seem to work is pressing on R3, which allows me to duck/leave, and moving the batsman pre-delivery using the D-pad, not the left stick. Motionjoy seems to indicate the controller settings from Xbox to DS3 are fine, so I can't understand what the problem is. At least that shows that the controller is correctly detected during nets. Both the sticks and all 4 trigger buttons do nothing.

It shouldn't be so difficult for this to work, surely?

Additionally, a joy.cpl test on my Win 7 indicates that my controller and its buttons are detected correctly.

my net download speed ranges between 1-1.5 mb
but teams download is taking a lot of time and speed is around 10-15 kb... it was fine before this version in 99c it would b Around 110-115 kb/s

My dilemma...

I know this might not be relevant to the topic of this thread, but I'm looking at getting a new pc for Christmas on a very low budget. My previous home computer didn't meet the requirements to run cricket academy, which I've being eager to play on since it came out. I've looked at 2 pc's, but would just like some advice on which one would run cricket academy better, or even at all.

This is the first one: Zoostorm Desktop PC - Desktops | Ebuyer.com

...And the second one: Acer Aspire XC-105 Desktop - Desktops | Ebuyer.com

I'm looking at running both on windows 8.1.

Last edited:
I know this might not be relevant to the topic of this thread, but I'm looking at getting a new pc for Christmas on a very low budget. My previous home computer didn't meet the requirements to run cricket academy, which I've being eager to play on since it came out. I've looked at 2 pc's, but would just like some advice on which one would run cricket academy better, or even at all.

This is the first one: Zoostorm Desktop PC - Desktops | Ebuyer.com

...And the second one: Acer Aspire XC-105 Desktop - Desktops | Ebuyer.com

I'm looking at running both on windows 8.1.

If you want more bang for your buck, I'd buy the parts individually. That almost always results in something better. For help, go to overclockers.net or a similar geek site. You can then either put it together yourself, get a geeky friend to help or pay the shop you bought it a small fee.

Stupid, just stupid. No front on batting camera?

As mentioned, it's available in match play, but consider that if we want something that greatly improves - and hence changes - the way we play cricket games, then as gamers we have to expect to also change and let go of what we have become accustomed to in previous cricket games.

What you will realize is that you need the view where you can most quickly identify the line and length of the delivery - just like real life - as there are no bowling markers, and for me this is any view that is closer to the ground giving you more vertical "range" so that you can pick up the length of the ball more quickly.

Last edited:
Additionally, a joy.cpl test on my Win 7 indicates that my controller and its buttons are detected correctly.

Can you post a screenshot of the calibration window and the motionjoy profile screenshot?

If you want more bang for your buck, I'd buy the parts individually. That almost always results in something better. For help, go to overclockers.net or a similar geek site. You can then either put it together yourself, get a geeky friend to help or pay the shop you bought it a small fee.
Thanks for the advice, but do you think any of these would run cricket academy?

Can you post a screenshot of the calibration window and the motionjoy profile screenshot?

You mean this, or is there something else more specific?

avun.jpg

I hope Ross and team can have a look at this. It could be something very basic, in which case a quick instruction set is all that's needed, or something more complicated, which probably needs to be fixed. In any case, it seems like there are several on here that are facing this same issue.

You mean this, or is there something else more specific?

I hope Ross and team can have a look at this. It could be something very basic, in which case a quick instruction set is all that's needed, or something more complicated, which probably needs to be fixed. In any case, it seems like there are several on here that are facing this same issue.

The calibration window looks wrong.

Click on start on the motionjoy window and share that page.

This game is so much addictive! Congrats to BigAnt for nailing the control system!:thumbs:clap

I have few observations, can anyone please confirm whether its a normal behavior or i am missing something.

I am using Xbox360 wired controller and I am playing in Veteran mode.

1. If I do not move the left stick and try to play the shot, the batsman always places his foot on the leg side. But if I use the left stick, the foot placement seems to be working fine.
2. I am not able to go forward by pressing RB and play a defense. (most batsmen in real world does this against spinners).
3. Is it possible to control the power of ground shots? by half pressing RT+LT, I am ending up playing either a defense or a lofted shot.

The left stick is the foot movement so not moving that stick will mean he doesn't use his feet properly. Number 2 is a good point though.

1. If I do not move the left stick and try to play the shot, the batsman always places his foot on the leg side. But if I use the left stick, the foot placement seems to be working fine.
2. I am not able to go forward by pressing RB and play a defense. (most batsmen in real world does this against spinners).
3. Is it possible to control the power of ground shots? by half pressing RT+LT, I am ending up playing either a defense or a lofted shot.

Its all normal. But I dont understand why you would want to control your aggressive ground shot. That is more powerful shot to the no trigger shot. If you want a less powerful one go with that maybe.

Its all normal. But I dont understand why you would want to control your aggressive ground shot. That is more powerful shot to the no trigger shot. If you want a less powerful one go with that maybe.

My question is, how do you control the power while playing the ground shots? you certainly helps if you want to score a single or 2 runs.
The first thing that came to my mind is by using the analog triggers. or,
is it possible to control the power from the RAS also?

Users who are viewing this thread