Cricket Academy Problems

Joyinmotion and the PS3 setting works fine for me wiry shot direction. My usual joypad wasn't working before.

Every time a bug is posted here a little part of me dies inside

I'm not sure if this counts as a 'problem'... but I've found it is virtually impossible to miss the ball if you go back foot defense and press the right stick at about South East (300 degrees?).

Every time a bug is posted here a little part of me dies inside

Yes, they are something that a developer hopes don't show up. But in the end they help in making the end product much better.

Yes, they are something that a developer hopes don't show up. But in the end they help in making the end product much better.

I'd rather we didn't have them, of course, but if they are there then it's best for us to know about them so that they can be fixed in due course.

----------

I should say that I'm happy with the low level of the bug count, especially as this is a hacked in nets from the full game.

Ross, is there really no chance of including a settings application or something to allow people to resolve these control issues that some of us are having. Having the game assuming that Button 5 (for example) is the same on every controller is the same as Xbox is a bit of a pain when you can't correct it. It's the right stick X and Y axes being mixed up which are making it impossible at the moment though. Not having any luck with third-party software in reconfiguring as the game seems to just ignore them. It surely can't be massively complicated to let people using Direct Input map their controls onto the X Input template?

f82b.png

Ross, is there really no chance of including a settings application or something to allow people to resolve these control issues that some of us are having. Having the game assuming that Button 5 (for example) is the same on every controller is the same as Xbox is a bit of a pain when you can't correct it. It's the right stick X and Y axes being mixed up which are making it impossible at the moment though. Not having any luck with third-party software in reconfiguring as the game seems to just ignore them. It surely can't be massively complicated to let people using Direct Input map their controls onto the X Input template?

f82b.png

This is a free application, I just cant afford to take the time to support everything. Especially when there are plenty of free apps out there that seem to do it.

Well, that's part of the install with the game in that case. Most other PC games I play, there's the option to configure the controls in game through the options menu obviously. Given that Direct Input has been one of the most commonly used methods of inputting a controller into PC for some time, it seems a bit odd to me to make a game for PC that 'requires a controller to play' and only have it directly supportive of X Input, with no option to correct the game's presumptions of what button does what any other kind of controller. Very confused at the moment. Presuming I won't be the only one.

It doesn't sound like a CA issue though, it sounds like a set-up issue

Yeah, wrong thread probably, but CA + Nets is where it's become obvious. There's a big difference between "You will need a controller to play on PC" and "You will need an Xbox controller to play on PC" in my opinion. Having Xbox as default is fair enough and as I've pointed out, other games have that as well, but having no option to change the button mapping as part of the game is surely going to cause a lot of other people than me to be confused when their controls start doing completely different things. Main issue is the right stick X axis and right stick Y axis being mixed up - if I could just change that I could live with the rest. Just seems odd to develop a game for PC release and say 'you either need to use an Xbox controller or you'll have to find some other kind of additional software and hope for the best if you want to use anything else. Otherwise you can't play the game you've just bought'.

Too bad.

The game was designed around the cameras used in the nets.

Ok thought it was a bug, unfortunately for the developers, Im the kind of idiot who wont buy it on that ground alone. I like to roleplay in my head that I'm playing on live television coverage of a game, unfortuntely that doesnt work from the back camera. Will a front on cam ever be considered for a patch?

Users who are viewing this thread