DBC14 PC Version 1.14

Just some thoughts on the latest patch after bowling for 140 overs:

- Still get the odd ball that the bower will suddenly switch around the wicket
- No edges to slips (Ended up not having any slips in field placements)
- Not much spin, but plenty of drift
- Wickets tended to be catches at mid-on / mid-off
- I got a Johnson out three times - all three caught behind, the umpire signals out, wicket celebration takes place - Johnson still at the crease. Ended up making 99.

I have noticed that my in-game earned stats aren't appearing in the game overlay.

I'm currently playing a custom competition, with a custom format (2 innings, 4 day, innings closure at 80 overs) which the game recognises as First Class (or Test if the teams are both international). Part of the inclusion criteria for my England Worst squad was that they had never scored a Test 50 or taken a test 5-fer.

One of the matches was my England Worst XI vs an Australia 1877 I downloaded from the Academy. The game therefore treated this as a Test match.

So you can imagine I was disappointed when in the first innings Aftab Habib was out caught behind on 48, just short of a maiden test 50. True to from, next highest score was Maynard's 37, I was all out for about 170 in 40-odd overs.

Second innings however went a lot better. Habib again led the way, and survived what I thought was a plumb shout for LBW on 49 (imagine what a choker that would have been) thankfully they didn't review it and i was too relieved to remember to check it myself. thanks to farming the strike with the tail, stoic deadbat support from martin mccague (4 from 32 balls) and hitting out once his confidence was up and the field was in - habib went not only past his 50 (from 43-ish balls) but clubbed his way to 100 from 72 balls, and continued on, eventually falling for 148. (i grabbed his screen thing at 118 - I had to save and exit at that point to paint the hallway!)

View attachment 130818

so you can imagine i was looking forward to the next match, and seeing Habib walk out with a much healthier looking runs scored and average than his real life 26 and 8.66 not to mention a juicy looking 1 in the hundreds column, but alas, it wasn't to be he came out in the next match (vs Zimbabwe ATB so another test match) with his real life figures showing.

i checked the academy, and his "earned" stats have been recorded, but for some reason didn't make it into the overlay. Any reason for this? @HBK619 @fiction
The stats doesn't update on the overlay during competitions for some reason. It does update in CA

- I got a Johnson out three times - all three caught behind, the umpire signals out, wicket celebration takes place - Johnson still at the crease. Ended up making 99.

@BigAntStudios, this does seem to still happen. Is there any way of being able to get the game to record exactly what it's doing behind the scenes so we could post it immediately if such a thing happens? Even if there's just something to log the last few balls in detail.

Were these overs bowled in a casual match?

while its certainly not easy as before still playable.

@fiction Yeah maybe my stance is the reason for that....I take leg stump stance or even one step extra to the leg stump [as I favour the off side]...So with that stance it gets impossible to play that shot I think...So another realistic stuff from the game....Awesome...Its like we will keep on discussing this game for even 2 to 3 years but even then we will have something new which the game would give us...Brilliant stuff...

If I went and played a casual game, would it show the updated stats?
It should show them. I never played casual matches during tournaments so not certain, once the tournament is over it should be fine.

Not sure if anyone else is facing this problem, but, after this PC patch, the game has crashed couple of times while playing in career mode. No error nothing. Straight away takes me to Desktop. Last time was against Sri Lanka. Also, the stamina issue has again come up wherein, even after lunch, the fatigue level was quite high & my bowler couldn't produce pace.

In my custom competitions the stats are updated every game, but not every inns. If that's what you mean @blockerdave it works for me.

Add to that it also does for career matches but only for the players I'm playing with/against.

In my custom competitions the stats are updated every game, but not every inns. If that's what you mean @blockerdave it works for me.

Add to that it also does for career matches but only for the players I'm playing with/against.

nah i was talking about between games not inns, it's not updating for some reason. (actually, that's not quite true - i have players with no "base" stats, and they update between games (i think) but the players with base stats don't seem to update at all during the competition, even though the performance is tracked in earned stats in the academy)

I don't like the way the option to change to around the wicket has been moved. I keep holding it, pressing a button to bowl and then realising I've gone around the wicket instead of just bowling a slower ball.

Got so used to pressing both at the same time.

I have noticed that my in-game earned stats aren't appearing in the game overlay.

I'm currently playing a custom competition, with a custom format (2 innings, 4 day, innings closure at 80 overs) which the game recognises as First Class (or Test if the teams are both international). Part of the inclusion criteria for my England Worst squad was that they had never scored a Test 50 or taken a test 5-fer.

One of the matches was my England Worst XI vs an Australia 1877 I downloaded from the Academy. The game therefore treated this as a Test match.

So you can imagine I was disappointed when in the first innings Aftab Habib was out caught behind on 48, just short of a maiden test 50. True to from, next highest score was Maynard's 37, I was all out for about 170 in 40-odd overs.

Second innings however went a lot better. Habib again led the way, and survived what I thought was a plumb shout for LBW on 49 (imagine what a choker that would have been) thankfully they didn't review it and i was too relieved to remember to check it myself. thanks to farming the strike with the tail, stoic deadbat support from martin mccague (4 from 32 balls) and hitting out once his confidence was up and the field was in - habib went not only past his 50 (from 43-ish balls) but clubbed his way to 100 from 72 balls, and continued on, eventually falling for 148. (i grabbed his screen thing at 118 - I had to save and exit at that point to paint the hallway!)

View attachment 130818

so you can imagine i was looking forward to the next match, and seeing Habib walk out with a much healthier looking runs scored and average than his real life 26 and 8.66 not to mention a juicy looking 1 in the hundreds column, but alas, it wasn't to be he came out in the next match (vs Zimbabwe ATB so another test match) with his real life figures showing.

i checked the academy, and his "earned" stats have been recorded, but for some reason didn't make it into the overlay. Any reason for this? @HBK619 @fiction

Probably cos its a custom format. Doesn't make sense that any scores from this format be added to actual test stats.

Users who are viewing this thread