13.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 37
Balaji falls to a brialliant catch. B*stard had no luck at all!

:D lol brilliant!

bit of a collape there! noyce got that many on his own last time out

Tea Day 1
Frizzell County Championship Division 2
Lancashire v Derbyshire at Old Trafford
Derbyshire 226 All out

R.Roberts 51 (82)
L.Freeman 46 (70)
S.Smith 43 (76)

J.Anderson 5/51

Derbyshire will be disappointed that they could not produce a bigger total with three batsmen making it past forty but not one being able to convert it to a century. J.Anderson did most of the damage to the Derbyshire side claiming five wickets. So solid batting in the middle order by Roberts and Freeman made the score look respectable, Hemlani also contributed well being 14 not out.

Derbyshire will be looking for a early breakthrough here to put pressure on the Lancashire middle and lower order. We have had word from the dressing room that Laws and Balaji will take the new ball duty as Hemlani feels he bowls to the best of his ability when one side on the ball is a little scufted, this helps him to swing the ball both ways.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 36
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 35
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 34
Players get onto the field just in time for the rain

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 33
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 30
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 32
End of Play Day 1
Frizzell County Championship Division 2
Lancashire v Derbyshire at Old Trafford
Derbyshire 226 All out

It was lucky for Lancashire that the rain came as the Derbyshire bowlers we ready to rip in!!!!!!!!!!.

Rejoin the action tommorrow

As the Derbyshire team relaxes after a heavy rainstorm Charlie McKeown from Sky TV catches up with Hemlani for a short interview before the action gets started.

CM: Good evening Hemlani.
NH: Good evening.
CM:So I bet you are dissapointed that your attempt to rip through Lancashires batting order has been washed out.
NH: Not really, it allows the pitch to seam more and keep low, and once I have the scuffed up ball in my hand, I like to believe that even Dravid couldn't keep me out.
CM: Well thats pretty confident, after Balaji stated that oyu would be suprised to pick up a few.
NH: Bah, he's just jealous, you should see the expression on his face when i get a wicket, I bet if a catch from me went to him he'd spill it in a second *Balaji stares evily for a few seconds from the corner*
CM:Haha, sounds true. So, what is your take on your batting prowress, good innings today.
NH: Well I am very defensive, my theory of Block-Block-Block has served me well, but I do play my shots now and then, I love the straight drive and sweep, and am not afraid of using my feet to the spinners. I especially love attacking offies, Murali will be a challenge.
CM: How do you feel about playing alongside all these other young, talented indaviduals.
NH: Well I wouldn't say they are all young *glances at Balaji* but it is a great experience, yea.
CM: Thank you very much and Good night.

decent batting by smith, freeman and roberts. hopefully a couple can put pressure on lancs and then if we keep the pressure on hopefully we keep there total close to ours then some big scores in the second innings will do nicley

ZoraxDoom said:
What about the stats???

Be patient i have a suprise coming for everyone involved in derbyshire. :happy

Will be ready in a fortnight or so. :onpc

Sunkist player points updated :D

Last games officals points were as follows.

B.Molloy 3pts
J.Noyce 2pts
R.Roberts 1pt

Yay! Im turning into quite a player! but i cant update my sig because i dont know what i scored in the second inning vs northamps!

Users who are viewing this thread