Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

2028 Season : Playing as Surrey

Super Run chase by Glamorgan

This thing has never happened to me in the last 22 seasons I have played this game. :(

In short, I set Glamorgan a target of 491 to get in 4 sessions....AND THEY DID IT!!! :eek::eek: with 15 minutes remaining.

3090flv.jpg

lastoversurreyccwin.png

Not my best win but one of the most satisfying. My first win in the County Championship this season after drawing 5 out of 7 previous games. We won with 4 balls to spare on a bowler friendly wicket at home. Awesome innings from Walters on his First Class debut and Hamilton-Brown saved his spot in the side with an unbeaten 49, despite taking 5 wickets in Kent's 2nd innings.

Hopefully this win will kick start our season!

Thrilling Start To Ashes

Well I started a new game as england on normal and started well. beat windies in test and one dayers then got to final of world t20 and lost to SA.
Now for the ashes. I lined up like this:

Strauss
Cook
KP
Bell
Bopara
Prior
Flintoff
Broad
Sidebottom
Harmison
Anderson

First test match i won the toss and chose to bat. wrong idea. shocking start and prior recovered the innings slightly but i slumped to 235 all out.:crying

1stinn.jpg

Then things go from bad to worse. Australia start strongly hughes and katich get them off to a flyer then ponting and hussey make hundreds. sidebottom and broad take 3 wickets each but australia declare 278 runs ahead:help

2ndinn.jpg

Well i start to bat knowing i have a massive job at hand to save the test match. an opening partnership of 217 from strauss and cook start me off well. Strauss getting a ton and cook getting 80 odd. then KP comes to the crease and bats beautifuly for his 160 odd and i think i have a chance. but then a massive collapse leaves me 478 all out from 216-1 is not good.

3rdinn.jpg

So australia have been set 201 to win. they once again start quite well with katich getting 98. at 186-5 you would think they would get the last 14 runs easily. but then anderson strikes. a 2 wickets from anderson and a wicket from sidebottom and flintoff in the space of 3 overs leaves australia 195-9 needing 6 runs to win with one wicket left. :upray
ANYWAY yeah they won siddle hit two fours in a row off freddie.

4thinn.jpg

One of the best matches i have played in. sets up a thrilling series think i might drop harmison. no wickets in the whole match. i will play either onions, swann or monty. who do you think.

ashes.jpg

Can't be bothered taking a screenshot but I'll say why this match was such a brilliant win:

Australia 239/3 off 50 overs
Hughes 105
Katich 85*
Hafeez 2-53
Afridi 1-36

Pakistan 173 off 38.5 overs
Jamshed 46
Umar 42
Clark 4-30
Watson 3-25

Why is this such an amazing win? Well they won the toss and elected to bowl in incredibly cloudy conditions which are very hard to bat in. However, Hughes and Katich were immense for us with Clarke chipping in with a handy score. We played to our strengths and batted so much better than I thought we would. I was expecting 200 at best. In come Pakistan to bat in sunny conditions!? At this time I felt like I had been cheated. My team had put on a batting masterclass against all odds, only making 239 mind, but still batted terrificly well giving nothing away.

So they commence their innings, under the blaring sun, and have the best start with Jamshed managing 46 and Umar 42. Younis Khan comes in and makes a quickfire 39 which meant their top three had accumalated 127 runs between them to start off their innnings. Against all odds, against the weather and against the run of play we triumphed with only one of their 8 other batsmen making double figures. The rest of their batting order only needed 112 runs to win with time to spare but failed to get going with out bowlers pitching it just right. Not only was I astounded with the victory but it is usually Johnson and Siddle to win the match for us... this time it wasn't. Johnson(1-39) and Siddle(1-41) weren't too good with the ball despite Siddle getting the key wicket of Yousuf for 4 runs. Burt Cockley was quite good with 1-34, vital wicket of Khan for 39 runs. However, the main bowlers and the people who wrapped up the match for us were Clark and Watson. They managed to get rid of the openers who top scored and pick up the pieces afterwards. 3/25 for Watson and 4/30 for Clark just shows how invincible my bowling attack is. If Johnson and Siddle fail, Watson and Clark are there ready to fire.

A few great wins I've had yesterday and today.

Check out the attachments for the most recent.

The other two I can't take screenies of match summaries, so I will just tell you.

The first is a Pro League match. I won the toss and decided to bat, hoping to post about 220 and hopefully bowl them out to stay away from the lower end of the table and avoid relegation. Thanks to Denly's 167, and Key (49), with a few of the guys in the middle order making 20's and 30's, to my surprise we posted 303!

I didn't have full confidence in my bowlers, after last game the opposition chased down 270 in a Pro League match. However, they were on their game this time, McLaren taking 3-4, with Bollinger (3), Joseph (2) and Kahn (1) chipping in to bowl them out for 141. The surprising thing was, off their 8 overs, Bollinger and Joseph both conceded 66 runs, and I was worried, until McLaren and Kahn finished off the job.

Second is a County Championship match. We got put in to bat on a track I would have bowled on, in challenging conditions. We had been having a horrible season, confidence was low, and on making 267 in the first innings I thought it was game over.

The boys come out with purpose to bowl, and in the first innings we bowled them out for 98, Bollinger taking 5 and Joseph taking 4. I enforced the follow on, this time bowling them our for 199, giving them a small lead of 29. Joseph took 6, plus made one of their bowlers retire hurt with a nasty blow, and our openers chased down their lead of 30 with ease.

Attachments

• win1.jpg
    win1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 6
That first one isnt ICC 2008

dajesmac added 3 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

I made 418-0dec just then in an Ashes warm up game, Katich and Hughes doing the damage.

dajesmac added 11 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

close draw. I needed 160 runs and I made 0-150 at the close of play. :(

closedraw.jpg

dajesmac added 16 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

I just got COMPLETELY and utterly dominated by Scotland..

You didn't beat MCC? Dude. they are like the easiest team in the whole game.

Well, to be honest I wasn't paying attention to how much time I had left. After reading the "Geoff Boycott eat your heart out" thread I tried putting Katich on 0 bars and Hughes on 2 to see what would happen. Only when the game said match drawn did I realise how close it was. I wasn't really playing to win.

somehow drew this game against the Windies with Bangladesh. I bowled pretty well bowling them out for 350 then had to follow on after being bowled out for 147, 3 runs short of avoiding the follow on but put on 500 in my second innings doing enough to draw the match. I've still got a chance in the 2 match Test Series. My in form bowler Aziz was injured so I was a bit disadvantaged.

BAN_vs_WI_Draw_Summary.jpg

BAN_vs_WI_Draw_Batting.jpg

Alam has a great domestic record but he always bowls like crap in my side, hence why I have dropped him for Al Zabir.

Users who are viewing this thread