Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

I agree, if that was me, I'd have put the openers to full aggression. Even if you lose 6 wickets, and get the total in under 10 overs...you've come out with a better result really with the Net RR

I never quite mastered the art of batting in Twenty20's

2l9m6c4.png

I nearly lost in the quarter final with Leicestershire. I bowled first and bowled them out for 221 from 47.4 overs with Simon Jones taking 3/32, Henderson 3/40 and Arif 2/40. I thought I could chase it easily but I lost New and Boyce early and Cobb could only survive 25 odd balls. I then lost Cardew for 43 and 25 over's in with 2 new batsman at the crease (Dippenaar and Ackerman), I looked in trouble at 4/75 needing to go at just under 6 an over. Dippenaar however made 73 off 59 balls guiding the team to a 5 wicket win with 2.4 over's to spare. Ackerman also made 72* off 79 balls.

What a match

Closest test match I've ever had on this game. I declared halfway into the morning session thinking that they would never get close to 309 in 2 sessions and a half. Smith hit a near run-a-ball hundred though and I thought they would level the 3 match series. The last over was bowled my M Aamer and consisted of 1 run, 2 wickets, an edge and a dropped catch! Quality game. Glad to have been on the winning side aswell ;) Anyone else had any similar finishes to a game?

Attachments

• 1RUN.jpg
    1RUN.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 1runscorecard.jpg
    1runscorecard.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
No need to make a thread about it, belongs to the discuss your great wins/draws/loses thread :doh

:dohMove please Admin:doh

And yeah I just trained him from 17 and now that he's 21 he is starting to take wickets. His bowling avg is still somewhere near 40 though because of his poor first few seasons.

Just had an amazing win with New Zealand over Pakistan. After being bowled out for 152 in the second innings, meaning they only had 128 to chase, my top spinner took 7-20 as they were bowled out for 105! I was so amazed, and these are his best figures to date.

Attachments

• Amazing Win2.jpg
    Amazing Win2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 23
In the Ashes, I won the 4th and 5th games by 1 wicket both times. Epic.

Sorry not screenies, but the last wicket partnership made about 50 to win both times. Edge of your seat stuff.

Take a look at that, my first ever game (I think). How close was that!

CountyCloseMatch.png

Pretty bad scoring from me, I thought they were going to score the winning run as the replay came up. But turns out Swanny bowled Henderson and I ended up winning the match by 1 run. That my friend, was a tense experience :p

Users who are viewing this thread