Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

lol. I skip every match and win because my team is by far the best. I have most of the International stars. I might take England back for a year. I haven't taken control of them since Lingham was around 32 and captaining the English side and before that was when Mandell started his career which I think I have his records somewhere in the Player Discussion thread.

How long do the Netherland's players play for!

even in 2039 you've still got Van Bunge,De Grooth etc who must be in their 50's at least

Tailenders Saved the Day

I just played this match, a very good game and a bit of a nailbiter.

I got the opposition all out in 94 overs or so, with 31 maidens btw lol, one double wicket maiden.

Then I declared for 390 for 7 (perhaps this was my undoing in the long run) but I had rarely been able to make significant runs with my last 3 wickets before, and my batch of tailenders in this game are some of the worst batsmen.

I got smashed for 400 declared, and then I found myself needing 300 runs in 2 sessions and about 30 mins. I got 50 runs in the 30 mins, and started dreadfully the next session, rapidly losing 3 wickets - 3 for 180. I lost the next 6 wickets in an hour, and was trapped in a dreadful predicament. Two tailenders and an hour to survive for the draw.

And they made it!

Im trying to find out how to upload images onto this site, but it's so far not working very well.

You'll struggle to find a better match than this...

In my first innings I was in trouble, at about 150 for six. With no recognized batsmen left, Vettori and the tail managed to put around 150, giving me he first innings lead.

They then came out and left me under 200 to win, the pitch had now deteriorated, but I was still thinking an easy win.

In my second innings, just on the session brake (I think lunch 4th day) I lost wickets in the last two balls, leaving my reeling at 11 for three. Ryder came out, but we quickly fell to 76 for five, and 125 for seven. With just Vettori (his average has dropped four runs in the patch), Franklin, Southee and Mills left. I was then left at 169 for nine, Franklin and Mills (Who's Batting = Crap). They amazingly put on 26 for the final wicket, on a graveyard of a pitch, taking me home with one wicket to spare.

Probably doesn't sound like a great game, but there was nothing between the two sides.

greatmatch1wicketwin.png

take a screenshot. Save it and then go to imagehost and then upload the image and post the hotlink on this site and then it will show.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to back, one wicket wins!!!

Second match in the series:

greatmatch1wicketwin2nd.png

Series to date:

greatmatch1wicketwinbot.png

Hedger, your games don't really count because you have raised all of the Bangladesh rankings. That isn't how you are meant to do it, I think Bangladesh are already slightly overpowered in this game and you are increasing it further. If you want a decent team play as a team like Pakistan or Sri Lanka but don't play with Bangladesh, raise their ratings and then show off about how well you've done...

But CG, I am genuinely impressed as Pakistan are always tough contenders to beat and to have two one wicket victories is a great effort.

Users who are viewing this thread