Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

my first win. windies 2/602dec. aus(me) 7/756dec. windies 180. aus 0/30! no idea how but katich took 7 in the 2nd innings and hussey 302*

AUS_v_ENG.jpg

This was my fourth match playing ICC 06 which I downloaded for a trial. It was the first time I had bowled them out for under 400 let alone 200 so I thought I had a great chance of winning. I managed 460/7 dec. in my first innings thanks to Hussey's 180 and half centuries from Hayden and North. I couldn't bowl them out though in their second innings as Pietersen made 131 while Trescothic made 91. They declared giving me 1 and a half sessions to chase down 257. Hussey (35 off 51) and Hayden (30 off 42) got us started but Ponting and Clarke got things going, Ponting hitting 41 off 32 balls while Clarke hit a match winning 94* off 80 balls. North made 20 off 19 and Gilly made a quick 19 off 13 balls. I thought I might have lost it when I lost Johnson and Gillespie in quick succession but Clark got us over the line with a quick 11* off 5 balls with 2 glorious boundaries.

Here's Clarkes innings which won us the match.

AUS_v_ENG_MC.jpg

I'm definately thinking of buying this game. It just seems more like an actual cricket game to me.

I've said it many times, and i'm going to say it again, ICC06 is better than all the others. It's more realistic, more fun and I prefer the simplistic 2D graphics.

Good to see another ICC06 fan :)

Well the 2D graphics makes me feel like I am actually the captain. Also good to play with some of the older players like McGrath, Hayden, Gilly and Warne.

Also like it how the batsman move around in their crease, either walking across the stumps or giving themselves some room. Although this is a bit stupid from Hauritz. Walks about a foot outside his offstump and sweeps over mid wicket.

ICC06.jpg

Only stupid if he gets bowled ;)

My biggest pet hate of the game is that a lot of lbws are high and pitch outside leg. But if you get past that there's not a lot else to be annoyed about.

Last edited:
Yeah. It does seem like a lot of LBW's are high and some look like they pitch just outside leg but oh well, there's always a few downsides to each game. And it's more realistic that there is no hawkeye as you wouldn't be able to see hawkeye if you were the captain on the field. I lost my first ODI after making 270 after losing quick wickets, Hussey and Hayden rebuilded the innings, Hussey making 35 odd off about 60 or so deliveries, then Martyn scored 41 at a run a ball but Hayden kept going on making a century. I couldn't defend it though, England winning with 9 balls to spare.

I think it was about 40. It seems that there are a few too many dropped catches in ICC though, especially in Tests. I don't mind it when the super hard catch gets dropped which it more than likely does but I think there are a few too many dropped slips catches. Ponting dropped 3 in 1 match once which wasn't too good.

There should be a fielding technique in the training.

my two best games are: got a score of about 400 they got a small score and followed on. i needed 128 off 2 days to win. too easy! half a day later, i am 96/9 with my "chris martin" pairing at the crease, and i managed to win! and i am from NZL, so i picked kent because they were one of the few clubs not ending in sex or shire :)

2nd: day 4 final session, they declare and set me a total of 250 in just under 2 hours of time. i figured, what the hell, may as well go for it. i got there 7 down:laugh teaches them to declare aggresively!! ... i know, average post. i'm new.

morale boosting win

Aus won the toss,batted first and piled on 621/5.no bowler was spared.but we kiwis didnt lose our heart and replied with 447 in quick time avoiding follow on.then they scored 287 and set me a huge target of 460 to get in a little over a day.i started out gr8 but the lower middle order collapsed and it all boiled down to the last over of the match.
10 runs to win.One wicket in hand.All 4 results possible.
Vettori wins us another match with 2 4s on the last 2 balls
most thrilling match ever.

Attachments

• 1.1.jpg
    1.1.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.2.JPG
    2.2.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread