Doctor's Pro-AI Patches

cricket doctor said:

Hi Gonzo,
:cool:

This is one of the best feedback that I've got for my patch. Thanks a lot mate. I really appreciate this. :clap :clap :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :clap :hpraise

Yes, I agree with whatever you've posted here. I'll definitely work on batting in my next patch. :onpc

Thanks mate ... just saying what I think. I am a huge fan of Boss's patches and I reckon that the batting is the only thing that let's you down in this one. However, you really have made it hard enough in your AI that batting is risky even with Boss's batting. I feel like I have to sweat for every run. Every ball could get me out. Fantastic!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

cricket doctor said:
About Bowling against CPU and CPU's batting strategy :-
I knew even before the release of my patch that this aspect of my patch is going to be loved by all,as I know it is perfect. so, I was expecting this kind of feedbacks from you all. :happy :happy :happy :cheers :cheers :cheers

Thanks once again. :hpraise :hpraise
and just wait for a surprise. :cheers

I'm sorry that I didn't really talk about this in my earlier comment. Just to clarify, the bowling against CPU in your patch is excellent! I'm still working out how to bowl spin effectively, but the seam bowlers have a great time. We can pitch the ball just like the guys in the real world and get wickets :eek: instead of bowling artificial line/length to get wickets. And we can get edges off the CPU!!!!!!!!! :eek: This combined with the CPU batting strategy makes for a very exciting & realistic test match.

I am so glad I tried your patch. I have always looked to Boss & Tutsi for great patches, but it's good to see that I have at least one more option. And with new patchers turning up all the time I am finding my interest in this game just stays high. Thanks mate, and keep up the fantastic work.

:clap: :clap :clap

P.S. I'm looking forward to your surprise :D

Last edited:
ATTENTION GUYS!!!!! :siren :siren :siren :siren :siren
IMP NOTICE: VERSION 2 OF DOCTOR?S AI PATCH :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy
O.K. guys!!
Thank you very much for all the accolades, appreciations, feedbacks etc. etc. for my first ever AI patch. :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

As I had promised everyone that I?d release my next patch only if people like my this patch. :) :) :) :) :)

So now, I officially declare that next version (v2) of my AI patch is going to be released soon? (..Official date will be announced soon.)
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

What?s new????? :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy
The patch will contain:
1. Improved version (v2) of my first test match patch (v1), which was for Pro players. All the problems that people had with batting will be tweaked.
2. After getting so many requests for my ODI patch, I?ve decided to go for it. So, an ODI patch is also going to be there this time.
3. ?. And many more things, which I?ll post here in my thread as I decide what to include.

Meanwhile, all you guys are welcomed to post any kind of suggestions, ideas which you want to see in my new patch, so that I can make it better before release.

Thank you. :happy

Regards,
Cricket doctor (C.D.)
:onpc

Last edited:
hi cricket doctor i am back . great to see that u are going to release v2 of the patch and also an ODI patch .i know that your patch will be a great one . please release it soon can't wait for it now.

btw good sig. :D

gamerkid22 said:
hi cricket doctor i am back . great to see that u are going to release v2 of the patch and also an ODI patch .i know that your patch will be a great one . please release it soon can't wait for it now.

btw good sig. :D
Hi gamer, :cool:
Nice to see you back mate. :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy
and ya,get ready for my next patch.
liked my new sig?? well, it's made by our PC member Usy. He asked me to do my sig and I accepted it. :)

cheers!! :cheers :cheers

a ODI one , a good step forward.............
btw could u make one for the 20/20 format (shorter version games) to include more edges as the is none in 10 or 20 over games..................
Cheers for ur success

avk2love said:
a ODI one , a good step forward.............
btw could u make one for the 20/20 format (shorter version games) to include more edges as the is none in 10 or 20 over games..................
Cheers for ur success
Well, its quite hard to get edges in the 20/20 format, but its not impossible. So, I'll definitely try that one out. :happy :happy
I'll keep posting updates though. :onpc :onpc
btw, glad that you are looking forward to my patch. :happy :happy :cheers

O.K. guys!!
Thank you very much for all the accolades, appreciations, feedbacks etc. etc. for my first ever AI patch. :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

As I had promised everyone that I?d release my next patch only if people like my this patch. :) :) :) :) :)

So now, I officially declare that next version (v2) of my AI patch is going to be released soon? (..Official date will be announced soon.)

The patch will contain:
1. Improved version (v2) of my first test match patch (v1), which was for Pro players. All the problems that people had with batting will be tweaked.
2. After getting so many requests for my ODI patch, I?ve decided to go for it. So, an ODI patch is also going to be there this time.
3. ?. And many more things, which I?ll post here in my thread as I decide what to include.

Meanwhile, all you guys are welcomed to post any kind of suggestions, ideas which you want to see in my new patch, so that I can make it better before release.

Regards,
Cricket doctor (C.D.)

Hey mate

I'm dying to try your patch but I wont be able to till tomorow morning :( (computer problems)
Anyway from what I have heard the bowling side of your patch is superb so are you gunna make any changes to the patch for bowling or leave it as it is?

:cheers

Last edited:
Cricket_60 said:
Hey mate

I'm dying to try your patch but I wont be able to till tomorow morning :( (computer problems)
Anyway from what I have heard the bowling side of your patch is superb so are you gunna make any changes to the patch for bowling or leave it as it is?

:cheers
Yup, I'm going to leave the bowling as it is, as I haven't got even a single comment against it.
Btw, glad you are trying my patch. :happy :happy
Thanks a lot. :hpraise :hpraise

Enjoy!! :cheers :cheers

*Doctor's AI Pro-(Test+ODI) Patch Updates* :shout

UPDATE 2 ( 24th Jan 06 'Tuesday') : :onpc

What's been done till now?? (After v1) ->

1. I've planned to finish patching TEST MATCHES first, as it doesn't need much tweaking.

2. Bowling side of the patch will be kept as it is.

3. Following shots have been tweaked ( When we bat ):
->Leg glance of the front foot for the versatality (i.e. Direction and Height)
->Straight Drive "6-Hit" and On Drive "6-Hit" have been tweaked. Now you will be able to play those shots in test matches as well.

4. All these shots are now in testing phase. Leg glance is almost o.k. now, but I'm not happy with "6-Hits" shots yet.So I'll work more on that.

Stay tuned for more updates..................... :happy :happy

C.D. :onpc

UPDATE 1 (23rd Jan 06 'MONDAY') :

O.K. guys!!

The patch will contain:

Regards,
Cricket doctor (C.D.)

Last edited:
wel done. if your ODI patch is as good as your test patch then there will be many reps for you!

Hey Doctor, I finally found time to test your patch and I wasn't dissapointed. I have also posted my scorecard (below) as you requested to everyone ages ago. I also only had time to check out the bowling side of your patch but I will try batting latter on.

Aus V Win
Green pitch
Overcast conditions

Bowling

I started of well against the Windies by getting Gayle out early caught at first slip of Lee's bowling. Then the Windies came back with a good partnership which I broke just as Lara reached his 50 with an edge to Hayden at 2nd slip. Then the defensive walls (Chanderpaul/Hinds) started pushing and prodding the ball around taking up a lot of balls. I eventually bowled Hinds with a swinging ball from McGrath.

I enjoyed the way the Windie batsmen opened the innings, attacking anything wide or short outside off stump. This is like most opening partnerships today. It was also nice to see a series of inswingers then an outswinger give me a wicket. The CPU played well on the green track which was good to see as in some other patches they play shocking. The only thing that annoyed me was the slowness of the scoring after Lara went. Maybe it is just the slow Windie batsmen but when they are scoring at less then 1 an over even in tests it does begin to become boring. I also found one little glitche, Sometimes if you pitch the ball up on the offside the batsmen will try to smash it over square leg with a shot that should be used for bouncers :) Nothing bad but it does look funny.

Anyway this is a great patch I can't wait for V2 with the ODI version as well :clap :cheers :hpraise

Attachments

• Cricket2005 2006-01-25 14-52-22-12.JPG
    Cricket2005 2006-01-25 14-52-22-12.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 86
@ cricket_60 ->

Thank you very much mate for such a wonderful feedback. :hpraise :hpraise Glad that you liked my patch. :happy :happy :happy :happy

yup, your point ( CPU batsman smashing an overpitched delivery of the backfoot through square leg region ) will be taken into consideration for version 2, so don't worry. :cheers :cheers

The slower scoring rate after 3 wickets is quite natural I reckon. However, I'd like to know how much balls Chandrapaul and Sarwan have taken to score their runs. I'm sure once they get settled,they will start playing more aggresively.

C.D. :onpc

Thanks mate

I'm using your patch in my thread now so you can check out how it goes in there.

Users who are viewing this thread