Doctor's Pro-AI Patches

cant wait for the patch doc ! i might start playing c2k5 again just to use it :)
hope you dont mind if i give a detailed review of your upcoming patch ? ;)

cheers and reps for you ! :D

Cricket_60 said:
I'm using your patch in my thread now so you can check out how it goes in there.
Sure, I'll. :)

jk16_4 said:
cant wait for the patch doc ! i might start playing c2k5 again just to use it :)
hope you dont mind if i give a detailed review of your upcoming patch ? ;)

cheers and reps for you ! :D
Thank you very much Jk.
and ya, I won't mind your review mate. you are welcome. :happy :happy

Patch looking good , dont forget to ask me for a new sig for the new patch CD ;) .

**Doctor's AI Pro-(Test+ODI) Patch V2 Updates** :shout

UPDATE 3 (26th Jan 06 ?THURSDAY?): :onpc

Summary of Features for V2 (For test/4-day patch): :working

BATTING (Major improvements from v1):

1. Lofted shots have been revised and tweaked, so now you?ll have an option to play them at any stage of the game (?. according to modern-day cricket)

2. Genuinely speaking, how often and how successfully you play lofted shots will depend on the type of batsman (?thanks to EA also, because that?s one of the very few things they have done right)
So don?t expect Vaughan, Prince, Kallis, and Dravid etc. etc??? to go
and have a blast at every thing right from the start. (.. I hope you are getting what I?m trying to say?) but ya, surely there will be a higher % of success rate with the guys like Afridi, Dhoni, Freddie, Gilly etc.. that the ball will land into the stands more often.

3. Flick shots (leg glance of the front foot) and hip glance (glance of the back foot) are now much more versatile (in terms of direction, power and height), so you can enjoy them now.

BOWLING :

1. Just a bit of increase in pace for fast and medium-fast bowlers.

2. Rest (swing & seam) remains the same as V1, as it was almost perfect.

GAMPLAY & MISCELLENEOUS:

1. More changes in gameplay from V1, as I felt it could be more realistic. Now you will see CPU batsman playing and missing some good deliveries outside the off stump and also leaving some good deliveries out side the off stump, just like real cricket. So concentrate on line and length early in the inning and you?ll definitely have more chances to pick up some wickets.

2. You?ll see now, what a ?Special delivery? means. Just watch how CPU fools you with the slower delivery. In short, special deliveries are bowled smartly now. (?.This was in V1 as well as some guys had noticed it.)

3. Further improvements in outfield pacing.

???AND FINALLY:

--> These were some of the features that are there in V2. Full list of features (?if there are left) will be there with the release of the patch.

-->Just to ensure the proper balance between attack and defence, the Test/4-day patch is in testing phase now.

--> Action-plan for ODIs alongside tests/4-day has been prepared and execution is in progress. More about it in next update.

-->In the mean time, I?ll try my best to keep you all updated.

Thank you, :happy :happy

Regards,
Cricket doctor (C.D.)
:onpc

UPDATE 2 ( 24th Jan 06 'Tuesday') : :onpc

What's been done till now?? (After v1) ->

1. I've planned to finish patching TEST MATCHES first, as it doesn't need much tweaking.

2. Bowling side of the patch will be kept as it is.

3. Following shots have been tweaked ( When we bat ):
->Leg glance of the front foot for the versatality (i.e. Direction and Height)
->Straight Drive "6-Hit" and On Drive "6-Hit" have been tweaked. Now you will be able to play those shots in test matches as well.

4. All these shots are now in testing phase. Leg glance is almost o.k. now, but I'm not happy with "6-Hits" shots yet.So I'll work more on that.

Stay tuned for more updates..................... :happy :happy

C.D. :onpc

UPDATE 1 (23rd Jan 06 'MONDAY') :

ATTENTION GUYS!!!!! :siren :siren :siren :siren :siren
IMP NOTICE: VERSION 2 OF DOCTOR?S AI PATCH :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy
O.K. guys!!
Thank you very much for all the accolades, appreciations, feedbacks etc. etc. for my first ever AI patch. :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

As I had promised everyone that I?d release my next patch only if people like my this patch. :) :) :) :) :)

So now, I officially declare that next version (v2) of my AI patch is going to be released soon? (..Official date will be announced soon.)
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

What?s new????? :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy
The patch will contain:
1. Improved version (v2) of my first test match patch (v1), which was for Pro players. All the problems that people had with batting will be tweaked.
2. After getting so many requests for my ODI patch, I?ve decided to go for it. So, an ODI patch is also going to be there this time.
3. ?. And many more things, which I?ll post here in my thread as I decide what to include.

Meanwhile, all you guys are welcomed to post any kind of suggestions, ideas which you want to see in my new patch, so that I can make it better before release.

Thank you. :happy

Regards,
Cricket doctor (C.D.)

Last edited:
Your doing a top job mate but i felt that the only problem with the first one was that i couldnt confidently hit anything through the covers without giving the slips catching practice otherwise everything else was great

hi D.C,tried out your first patch,excellent,made the game far more realistic for me.
cant wait to try your next patch.just hope you dont make the lofted shots to easy.
you have already done a fantastic job,keep up the good work, thanks alot Den

The new patch is sounding very exciting Doc! Even though I mainly play Tests I can't wait to see what you do with the ODI patch. I'm really looking forward to this!

:upray :upray :upray

:D

Thanks everyone. :hpraise :hpraise
Yup, I'm trying my best to give you all, 'A perfect gaming experience'. :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Last edited:
plzzzzzzzzzz help me to open all unlock file in Ea Cricket 2004 & Ea Cricket 2005

Hi cricket doctor, great match mate! but one slight problem.. i am currently playing a test match india v pakistan and after say 25 overs or so Hasan Raza started to bowl and it resulted in 87 extras most of them from Hasan. I feel this is because of the bowling cursor and maybe Hasan is not a bowler. Can u plz help?

b_tej said:
Hi cricket doctor, great match mate! but one slight problem.. i am currently playing a test match india v pakistan and after say 25 overs or so Hasan Raza started to bowl and it resulted in 87 extras most of them from Hasan. I feel this is because of the bowling cursor and maybe Hasan is not a bowler. Can u plz help?
yup, I've got what you want to say.

There are following reasons for this-->

1. First of all, that poor HB guys. God knows how they've programmed this?????????????? crap.........

2. Hasan should never be bowling at all, but because of the knowledgable and extremely talented HB guys he is bowling, and hence bowling a wayward line.

3. It might also be because of bowling cursor.

Solution::

1. In V2, I've rectified this problem.

2. Download 'Player Editor' from 'Download Center', and change the attributes of the players you think need to be done. This will be the best possible solution to this problem.

Short Leg said:
Your doing a top job mate but i felt that the only problem with the first one was that i couldnt confidently hit anything through the covers without giving the slips catching practice otherwise everything else was great

Thanks mate.
yup, cover drive has been tweaked in 'V2'.

Dennis said:
hi D.C,tried out your first patch,excellent,made the game far more realistic for me.
cant wait to try your next patch.just hope you dont make the lofted shots to easy.
you have already done a fantastic job,keep up the good work, thanks alot Den

Thanks mate. :hpraise :hpraise
Don't worry mate. Lofted shots won't be easy to play in 'V2'. It will depend on what type of batsman is at the crease and in what situation he is playing. Also, will depend on his confidence. :onpc

kush said:
yeh, i really cant wait!
Thanks mate. :hpraise

usy said:
Patch looking good , dont forget to ask me for a new sig for the new patch CD ;) .
Sure, I'm looking forward to that. :cheers

UPDATE 4 (30th Jan 06 MONDAY): :onpc

1.The test match patch is complete and ready to release, but itll be released together with the ODI patch.

2. Currently working on 10/20 overs ODI part of the game.

3. Working on what should be the max possible target CPU should set for the opponent when batting first, (in both, most favorable and worst condition for batting)

4. All major strokes have been edited according to ODI format.

While Im preparing my patch, Id like to recommend all you guys to please do the following:->

1. Those who havent downloaded FIELD EDITOR for c2005, please quickly download it from download center. Its a must for everyone who plays c2005.
You can set realistic field placings using it. For e.g. I keep third man and fine leg right from the start of the game in ODIs, which looks much more realistic. You can also set some special fielding positions, which are there in real game but not in c2005. So, when you have the resources, and you can do whatever you like using that, why not use them.

2. Those who havent downloaded PLAYER EDITOR for c2005, please quickly download it from download center. Its a wonderful editor made by barmyarmy. Which is very very useful for you guys. Change every players attribute according to your liking.
Its very easy to do. So, why depending on others, when you can do it yourself easily.

3. Post your queries, suggestions, and information regarding features to be included in this thread.

Stay tuned for more updates..

Thank you, :happy

Regards,

UPDATE 3 (26th Jan 06 THURSDAY): :onpc

Summary of Features for V2 (For test/4-day patch): :working

BATTING (Major improvements from v1):

1. Lofted shots have been revised and tweaked, so now youll have an option to play them at any stage of the game (. according to modern-day cricket)

2. Genuinely speaking, how often and how successfully you play lofted shots will depend on the type of batsman (thanks to EA also, because thats one of the very few things they have done right)
So dont expect Vaughan, Prince, Kallis, and Dravid etc. etc to go
and have a blast at every thing right from the start. (.. I hope you are getting what Im trying to say) but ya, surely there will be a higher % of success rate with the guys like Afridi, Dhoni, Freddie, Gilly etc.. that the ball will land into the stands more often.

3. Flick shots (leg glance of the front foot) and hip glance (glance of the back foot) are now much more versatile (in terms of direction, power and height), so you can enjoy them now.

BOWLING :

1. Just a bit of increase in pace for fast and medium-fast bowlers.

2. Rest (swing & seam) remains the same as V1, as it was almost perfect.

GAMPLAY & MISCELLENEOUS:

1. More changes in gameplay from V1, as I felt it could be more realistic. Now you will see CPU batsman playing and missing some good deliveries outside the off stump and also leaving some good deliveries out side the off stump, just like real cricket. So concentrate on line and length early in the inning and youll definitely have more chances to pick up some wickets.

2. Youll see now, what a Special delivery means. Just watch how CPU fools you with the slower delivery. In short, special deliveries are bowled smartly now. (.This was in V1 as well as some guys had noticed it.)

3. Further improvements in outfield pacing.

AND FINALLY:

--> These were some of the features that are there in V2. Full list of features (if there are left) will be there with the release of the patch.

-->Just to ensure the proper balance between attack and defence, the Test/4-day patch is in testing phase now.

--> Action-plan for ODIs alongside tests/4-day has been prepared and execution is in progress. More about it in next update.

-->In the mean time, Ill try my best to keep you all updated.

Thank you, :happy :happy

Regards,
Cricket doctor (C.D.)

UPDATE 2 ( 24th Jan 06 'Tuesday') : :onpc

What's been done till now?? (After v1) ->

1. I've planned to finish patching TEST MATCHES first, as it doesn't need much tweaking.

2. Bowling side of the patch will be kept as it is.

3. Following shots have been tweaked ( When we bat ):
->Leg glance of the front foot for the versatality (i.e. Direction and Height)
->Straight Drive "6-Hit" and On Drive "6-Hit" have been tweaked. Now you will be able to play those shots in test matches as well.

4. All these shots are now in testing phase. Leg glance is almost o.k. now, but I'm not happy with "6-Hits" shots yet.So I'll work more on that.

Stay tuned for more updates..................... :happy :happy

UPDATE 1 (23rd Jan 06 'MONDAY') :

ATTENTION GUYS!!!!! :siren :siren :siren :siren :siren
IMP NOTICE: VERSION 2 OF DOCTORS AI PATCH :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy
O.K. guys!!
Thank you very much for all the accolades, appreciations, feedbacks etc. etc. for my first ever AI patch. :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

As I had promised everyone that Id release my next patch only if people like my this patch. :) :) :) :) :)

So now, I officially declare that next version (v2) of my AI patch is going to be released soon (..Official date will be announced soon.)
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Whats new????? :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy
The patch will contain:
1. Improved version (v2) of my first test match patch (v1), which was for Pro players. All the problems that people had with batting will be tweaked.
2. After getting so many requests for my ODI patch, Ive decided to go for it. So, an ODI patch is also going to be there this time.
3. . And many more things, which Ill post here in my thread as I decide what to include.

Meanwhile, all you guys are welcomed to post any kind of suggestions, ideas which you want to see in my new patch, so that I can make it better before release.

Thank you. :happy

Regards,
Cricket doctor (C.D.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread