Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Worst thing about shot animation was the "statue effect" where a batsmen used to freeze after playing any type of shot. It was very ugly to watch. It featured in both AC 09 and Ic2010.

The worst part of that effect was when a batsman used to run. If I didnt press the dive/slide option he would run towards the crease and turn and do the statue effect, wasting nearly 1.5 seconds doing that. Can't explain how frustrated I was when I was given run-out cause of that. :facepalm

The worst part of that effect was when a batsman used to run. If I didnt press the dive/slide option he would run towards the crease and turn and do the statue effect, wasting nearly 1.5 seconds doing that. Can't explain how frustrated I was when I was given run-out cause of that. :facepalm

I would always slide the bat across the ground to prevent this but yeah it was very annoying to see that statue pose.

I would always slide the bat across the ground to prevent this but yeah it was very annoying to see that statue pose.

If you watch the mo cap video closely, It seems the statue effect is still there.

If you watch the mo cap video closely, It seems the statue effect is still there.

They can still tweak it when making the final animation! The animations in IC2010 were plain bad!! So jerky and jittery!

There's a whole forum to discuss the motion capture of the other games - keep to Big Ant's game here.

Hi ross ,

Can you please tell us when ba cricket will be released, dont need eXact day. can we know which month you are releasing ....thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be breaking embargo, but it'll be 11.32am AEST, Friday Morning, July 32nd 2013

I've read somewhere that they've finished making the game and are waiting for approvals so the release dates can be very close.

Dont think they have finished the game. Ross mentioned its 'almost' complete! Almost is a very subjective word :p

Dont think they have finished the game. Ross mentioned its 'almost' complete! Almost is a very subjective word :p

Honestly, if the game was not complete and submitted for approvals, I don't see why Ross and his team would be spending so much time on fixing the issues in the beta release of a Player Editor which is being released for free. My guess is that the game is already submitted for approvals and they are using the wait time to build a good base (Editor) that can be utilized in their future sports titles.

Honestly, if the game was not complete and submitted for approvals, I don't see why Ross and his team would be spending so much time on fixing the issues in the beta release of a Player Editor which is being released for free. My guess is that the game is already submitted for approvals and they are using the wait time to build a good base (Editor) that can be utilized in their future sports titles.

But the editor is part of the game on consoles and I doubt they could change it if the game has already been submitted for approvals. I am assuming the complete game has to be submitted for platform approvals and there's no phased approach for the same - i.e., submit the game which is 90% comlete for a conditional platform approval and then submit the completed game for a final approval.

But the editor is part of the game on consoles and I doubt they could change it if the game has already been submitted for approvals. I am assuming the complete game has to be submitted for platform approvals and there's no phased approach for the same - i.e., submit the game which is 90% comlete for a conditional platform approval and then submit the completed game for a final approval.

Any change they make for CA on PC automatically gets filtered through to consoles he said, so that doesn't matter. The console will have the most up to date CA.

Any change they make for CA on PC automatically gets filtered through to consoles he said, so that doesn't matter. The console will have the most up to date CA.

My point being you can't push changes to console without platform approvals. Any patch pushed on consoles has to certified/approved by respective platforms (Sony/PS3 and Microsoft/Xbox360). Thus it's unlikely the game would have been submitted for approvals when CA editor is getting patches so often.

Last edited:
Your assumption makes a lot of sense. I think Bigant have given away CA so that in addition to enjoying it we also play test it for them. This means game is most likely to release by September. It is just an assumption but I hope to be wrong and get the game asap.

Users who are viewing this thread