Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It was said game not finished but will make the 21st? Not on Consoles it won't, that ship sailed a couple of months ago.

So, they could potentially release the PC version on June 21st (thereby releasing something on the announced date), and delay the console versions.

That is one possible interpretation of the conflicting signals - we will release on 21st; we are bug-fixing; we would like to be on the shelf at the earliest possible.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So, they could potentially release the PC version on June 21st (thereby releasing something on the announced date), and delay the console versions.

That is one possible interpretation of the conflicting signals - we will release on 21st; we are bug-fixing; we would like to be on the shelf at the earliest possible.

That would compound the error. Most publishers release the console versions first so they can make maximum amount of money. If AC 13 releases on PC first, some of the console buyers would go with the PC version instead. Not something a publisher would want.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
That would compound the error. Most publishers release the console versions first so they can make maximum amount of money. If AC 13 releases on PC first, some of the console buyers would go with the PC version instead. Not something a publisher would want.

The subset of console buyers that also have PCs that would run AC13 (in terms of system specs) would already be tempted to do that with the PC price drop.

I don't disagree that this will compound the error, so to speak. I was just interpreting the conflicting signals and presenting another possible scenario.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
The subset of console buyers that also have PCs that would run AC13 (in terms of system specs) would already be tempted to do that with the PC price drop.

I don't disagree that this will compound the error, so to speak. I was just interpreting the conflicting signals and presenting another possible scenario.

My point was that plenty of gamers prefer consoles for gaming, but if there is substantial delay (say more than 2 weeks) between release dates of PC and consoles, some of those gamers will go with PC version even when they wouldn't have in the first place.

Price for games on PC is always less than that on consoles so price is not the main differentiator, but release date is. Plus the price had dropped for console version of the game as well. Checked on Zavvi.com & thehut.com, the console version is for 32 quid and on wowhd.ca, the console versions are priced at 49 CAD, including shipping, which is less than a new PS3 game in North America.

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As much as the licenses are held up as the key point of difference, it's really just two teams and a load of bats/pads and because of that, along with the lack of features, I understand a some level of price cut but to go so low is a sign of desperation and is designed to spoil the market, hence my signature below, no-one really wins with this strategy. It is competition at its most base level, price.

I have said in the past that we will come out after the 21st June and perhaps before Ashes 2013, I maintain that to be true.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why is the PC version less than half the price of the console version?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
As much as the licenses are held up as the key point of difference, it's really just two teams and a load of bats/pads and because of that, along with the lack of features, I understand a some level of price cut but to go so low is a sign of desperation and is designed to spoil the market, hence my signature below, no-one really wins with this strategy. It is competition at its most base level, price.

I have said in the past that we will come out after the 21st June and perhaps before Ashes 2013, I maintain that to be true.

Given July 10th is the first Ashes test and there are still 3 Ashes Tests to go in Augus, I would assume you are targeting July 10th or Aug 1st as the release date so as to capitalise on the first Ashes series of the year.

As for low price point maybe 505 Games are looking at paid DLC as the way to make more money.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Why is the PC version less than half the price of the console version?

Console versions cost a lot more to produce and there are platform fees - each disk has a fee that goes back to the Platform holder.

It generally takes 6-8 weeks for a finished product to get to the shelf after first submission (given one failure and one resubmission) because of the TRC/TCR (Technical Requirement Checklists), this also adds to the cost.

----------

Given July 10th is the first Ashes test and there are still 3 Ashes Tests to go in Augus, I would assume you are targeting July 10th or Aug 1st as the release date so as to capitalise on the first Ashes series of the year.

As for low price point maybe 505 Games are looking at paid DLC as the way to make more money.

Hmmm not so sure... how do you charge twenty bucks for a game and charge much for the DLC?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Hmmm not so sure... how do you charge twenty bucks for a game and charge much for the DLC?

They might be trying to nickel & dime users to death. Every new stadium couple of bucks or a new licensed tourney some more, or maybe new licensed accessories. You never know as they might be trying to hand out games comparatively cheap hoping to recoup the costs as they go. You have to keep in mind there will be another Ashes series later this year followed by a World Cup a few months later. They can easily come up with a couple of paid DLCs specific for those events.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
They might be trying to nickel & dime users to death. Every new stadium couple of bucks or a new licensed tourney some more, or maybe new licensed accessories. You never know as they might be trying to hand out games comparatively cheap hoping to recoup the costs as they go. You have to keep in mind there will be another Ashes series later this year followed by a World Cup a few months later. They can easily come up with a couple of paid DLCs specific for those events.

By 'a World Cup a few months later' you mean a whole YEAR later! :p

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Not sure they'll want to license the world cup after doing their shirt and pants on the Ashes license.

----------

anyway... enough of that, they'll release on time and I'll bear my backside in Bourke Street. I've pre-ordered the Wii U version myself, someone's got too :)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
By 'a World Cup a few months later' you mean a whole YEAR later! :p

My mistake! Thought the world cup is in 2014 :p In that case they might come out with something for T20 Cup which happens every other year.

----------

anyway... enough of that, they'll release on time and I'll bear my backside in Bourke Street. I've pre-ordered the Wii U version myself, someone's got too :)

:eek: Not an image I want in my head

angad

Chairman of Consent
......and Ross just re-confirmed on IVG that BigAnt Cricket would release before October this year :cheers

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Users who are viewing this thread