Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Anyone else annoyed by this "first mover disincentive" issue with the two cricket games? I think BA is delaying their game until they are sure that it is too late for the Ashes team to plagiarize their features. But I think they should back themselves to succeed and just release the game as planned (and not worry about the Ashes team). What is stopping a DLC from copying the competitor's feature? They can always copy features in the next release? If someone cannot make a good game in the time they've already had, they are probably going to fail at copying features last-minute anyway?

Information and indeed the game itself will be released when it is most viable to do so from every perspective of those involved, from the retailers, publisher, ourselves, and of course the consumer.

As frustrating as it is, a few weeks here or there is nothing given the millions of dollars and years we have taken to make this game.

Information and indeed the game itself will be released when it is most viable to do so from every perspective of those involved, from the retailers, publisher, ourselves, and of course the consumer.

As frustrating as it is, a few weeks here or there is nothing given the millions of dollars and years we have taken to make this game.

Thanks, just needed to rant :):cheers

No worries, it's a reasonable response as the entire picture is not clear without seeing all the pieces, a lot has changed since June 21st and it continues to do so.

No worries, it's a reasonable response as the entire picture is not clear without seeing all the pieces, a lot has changed since June 21st and it continues to do so.

Doesn't matter Ross. We've waited for all this since Oct2012 (which itself is a small fraction of time, for which you've waited for this gem to release). You could just give us some screens from the first person view this week (either you or MikeM said that yesterday). And yeah, that commentary names list you were gonna give out.
We bunch here at PC.net are impressed by the smallest of things when it comes to cricket. You *don't* always need a big video or something to get us smiling. And you see, I'm still smiling on the prospect of facing McGrath from the view MikeM described a couple of days back. :)

Is your earlier plan of release before October still valid?

Ross + many other people have highly criticised the Ashes game for not announcing a delay until the time of the actual release, even though everyone knew it. Do you really think he'd say something on the forum then do exactly the same thing?

I think Ross is making the same mistake as Mike did by not letting us know that the game wont be releasing before October until late September.

If I had set a date and then told you to preorder based on that date and then not told you until the day that it needed to be in the retailers hands that it would be a month later but also understood that to be a lie when i was saying it and then a month later told you to wait another four months longer then you would have a point.

Are the play sessions still planned for August?

If I had set a date and then told you to preorder based on that date and then not told you until the day that it needed to be in the retailers hands that it would be a month later but also understood that to be a lie when i was saying it and then a month later told you to wait another four months longer then you would have a point.

Ross....I understand you have not yet decided on the exact release date....but is it fair to assume that the game would be released between 26th September to 15th October?? Or are there chances that the date may exceed this range? Just asking to keep excitement levels in check :D!

----------

Are the play sessions still planned for August?

No!! Ross has already mentioned that they are keeping gameplay stuff close to their chest till its too late for AC13 to copy any element from the game. So, I dont think they would be showing the game to anyone till that time.

We will release some 1st person shots as asked for above somewhere (hard to search as I am on the iPhone).

Can Someone ask MF to release a video in which he should say that AC 13 is shelved for next 2 years. that would help us bring our real game in our hands.

Users who are viewing this thread