Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

July to September may not be a Cricket season in Australia but it is the time when good new games are at a scarcity and any gamer(casual or hardcore) would love to get their hands on a new game at this time....

A list of games releasing in the so called time period you mention. Good new games are at a scarcity indeed.:rolleyes

from cricket fans to business mangement to marketing experts.planet cricket grows.lets discuss medicine next:p. some guy has already advised biggs to visit a psychiatrist anyway.

Nobodies releasing a cricket game in September. We've established this pages ago...

NextGEN console releases won't effect DBC14 one bit, since it's built for PS3/XBOX360 consoles and PC.

Sports titles generally aren't affected all that much by the bigger title releases, but they can get lost in the noise, that I'll agree with.

I'm only saying that window of July-September would have been best to release...There are hardly one or two good games released around this time and anyone with a habit of playing games would even buy Ashes 13 just to play something new...

No, I'm just saying that chances are that anyone looking to buy a next gen console will already have sold/ donated their console by the end of November, so why would they buy a ps3/xbox 360 game in december when they are looking to play the ps4/xbox one titles....

Nah man, he was just messin' with you*. The AC13 delay was expected by him for a looong time, well before we knew about it from him... the November release date they're [Ashes13] trying to hit has most likely been known for a long long time. That "xx" stuff was just him playing around... it's pretty obvious to everyone he's not going to release a Cricket game without having the actual sport being played at the same time in Australia!

October is a maybe now with the AC13 delay, I would've said if AC13 had gone to market back in July, we'd have the game definitely in October. Now it's changed with their release being pushed to November... so he's playing the long game, waiting until he knows whether they're going to make that date or not. If they get it done, and they're all go for November, I'd guess we'll see DBC14 about December in stores for Xmas well after AC13 has either been a stink or success.

If it looks like AC13 will miss the Nov date, he'll go late October early November DB14 and own the market as I don't think Ashes will see the light of day at that point, certainly not until the New Year.

A lot of it revolves around the Australian cricket season and when/if Ashes 13 actually hits shelves.

* and prolly Chief/Mike at the time.

I agree with most of what you are saying. I was just mentioning the fact that at the time when Ross mentioned XX/0X/2013, he meant that the game would release before October. Infact he had directly posted in IVG that the game would be released before October 2013. However, as you said, it all changed as soon as AC13 got delayed. And to be fair to Ross, as soon as AC13 got delayed, Ross had told us that it would change his release plans, and since then he has maintained that.

A list of games releasing in the so called time period you mention. Good new games are at a scarcity indeed.:rolleyes

Sorry for the confusion, with good I meant games like AC:Black Flag,Watchdogs, Forza etc;:thumbs

But I must say with Gta 5, Splinter cell Blacklist, Batman: Arkham Orgins(not mentioned in the list) releasing between late August-late September the July-September window isn't as bad as usually it is...:)

Sorry for the confusion, with good I meant games like AC:Black Flag,Watchdogs, Forza etc;:thumbs

But I must say with Gta 5, Splinter cell Blacklist, Batman: Arkham Orgins(not mentioned in the list) releasing between late August-late September the July-September window isn't as bad as usually it is...:)

Yes, there aren't a lot of games with huge reputation down there, but still Saints Row IV, Halo, Total War, FIFA are a better choice for the casual gamer, and are going to appeal more too.

And the Batman game's releasing on October 25 BTW.

----------

@bevab - thought you were responding to this ^

Not the first time I've been misquoted today...

I think BA is in a spot of bother and confusion itself about the release date, and the delay of Ashes has caused this phenomena.

In my opinion, an August release would have been better. Considering the current situation, I guess Big Ant HAS TO release the game before Ashes 2013 hits the market. The reasons are numerous.

1. If Ashes Cricket 2013 comes out earlier, no matter how bad the reputation has been, don't deny the fact that it WILL sell some copies. And hence, it will consume the cash of general public.

2. If it turns out to be great (highly unlikely though) it'll damage DBC'14 more than anyone's expectation. On the other hand, if it turns out to be awful (I guess because of BA's competition and all, the game will be significantly better than Ashes 2009 and IC 2010) then it will leave a bad impression on general public regarding cricket games. Not many people will invest with the same amount of enthusiasm anymore in DBC'14.

Don't forget that if BA decides to go later than Ashes, it will be targeting a late Nov or early December release. And by that time-frame, the fever of Australian Domestic and Ashes will be relatively over (if I am correct about the fixtures) and the gamers will already have the following games at their disposal:

1. GTA 5
2. FIFA 14
3. Batman Arkham Origins
4. Watch Dogs
5. Raven's Cry
6. Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag
7. Battlefield 4
8. COD Ghosts
9. Ashes Cricket 2013
10. Forza

P.S: The next-gen consoles will also be there and BA will be releasing a game that will be for 'old-generation' consoles by then.

If I were to decide, I would have gone for an early October release. Only GTA would've been there to compete with and AC & Batman are in near-sight. Ashes would be literally 'dumped' in its coffins because no one would purchase it by the time it will release. People are hungry for cricket games and whoever comes first here, will win the race!

Best of luck to BA! :thumbs

Its such a shame we dont discuss the release date anymore.......this place gone to the dogs.....

I plan on setting up something like that in a tournament creator... making a few "franchises"

Zing!

Or you guys could make a list of players, assign them with an amount and create a planetCricket league... With its very own auction and franchises (made up of two or more members) ..... This could be fun only if the created players have proper attributes ... :p

Or you guys could make a list of players, assign them with an amount and create a planetCricket league... With its very own auction and franchises (made up of two or more players) ..... This could be fun only if the created players have proper attributes
I'm sure the options in the game will be good for those doing leagues.

Obviously it would be even better if the game could spit out text commentary and scorecards to really help document that stuff - perhaps one for the next edition.

Be cool to have maybe a selection of pre-made "logos" for each tournament as well, so you could really set something up that felt authentic within the game.

Users who are viewing this thread