Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

^I did dream of playing the game last night and listened some commentary. I vividly remember one of the commentators was Richie Benaud. I can't recall the other but did sound like Mark Taylor.

Lol.Nice,i dont get dreams like this :p

But i hope Bill Lawry is one of the commentators.

It would be nice to have the camera in the helmet mode from the Pavilion as we would see the crowd cheering and the expectation from us as a player would boost our confidence in the game....And the camera should be accessible like rotating the RAS to look around while going on the pitch and when he gets on the pitch he should have a clear view of the pitch by moving the RAS button down....Would love to see this in the game....:):cheers

The whole debate of release date and other such stuff has strayed us from the most important question, i.e.

"Do we really need a controller to play DBC'14?" :D

The whole debate of release date and other such stuff has strayed us from the most important question, i.e.

"Do we really need a controller to play DBC'14?" :D

You can crack keyboard into 2 pieces and can play this game, on one hand qwerty row pad other hand numeric pad :lol :lol:p

Although there are *some* great success stories, this isn't true for most games. Converting that sale is still incredibly difficult when you're giving stuff away for free, and even more so when trying to convert free to ?40, rather than ?1 or ?2...

Absolutely, I mean... you have the numbers on whether demos work or not. I'm just speaking from personal experience and that's if the game hooks me with an interesting concept (Force Unleashed is my best example) then I'm certainly more likely to buy the game having played a demo. But you're right, there's a BIG difference between a $6 app purchase vs a $60 PS3 game.

I think Matt's right about a timed trial being the best way - gives you a test-drive... But I saw a speech at one of the conferences showing estimates of just how many people just surf all the trial versions and then move on to something else. People have really short attention spans. :-)

That's how shareware used to work (still works?) back in the day - you'd get a limited 30 day "trial" and then if you got hooked, you just paid your $12 and got the full game. I loved that stuff... Must be something similar they could do on the PS Network say, where your demo just automatically disappears after a while.

Still say the best way to promote the game is just in-store play sessions. Get people in, get em playing it in the actual store they can pre-order it in.

AC were happy to promise everything and post on here for ages. Surely the post ashes high going into the next ashes is the perfect time with no other rival about...

The more this has been delayed the more ive worried. What is so hard about announcing a date? Do they just thinkAC will release on the same day?

This guy DOES NOT get it!!!!
Dude this topic has been discussed in detail. Go back a few pages..you'll find a few posts from Ross and others explaining/discussing when and how the game could/should be released..
:cheers:facepalm

Buy the original Copy

One of the main reasons why cricket games have not scaled up in the past is due wide-spread piracy in the Countries where its most popular (the sub-continent).

If you Fans really want to contribute & see a Cricket Franchise grow, i urge all of you'll to pick up an original copy of the game.

Piracy is an insult to long hours of hard work & dedication.

Why blame the thread when your approach is all wrong. If all you are looking for is new info, then just check the last few posts made by BigAntStudios and Mikeymerren. You can do so from their profile. Bookmark that page :p

You make a fair point good sir, that is definitely something I will look into. But I also look for some entertaining posts from you guys. People here have a very 'classy' sense of humor which I dare not miss out on :cheers

^This guy gets it :lol

Everyone is forgetting that its also mohammed yousuf's birthday today as well. He's also a great player hoding the record for the most test runs in a calender year

Newsflash: Every day is someones birthday.

This guy DOES NOT get it!!!!
Dude this topic has been discussed in detail. Go back a few pages..you'll find a few posts from Ross and others explaining/discussing when and how the game could/should be released..
:cheers:facepalm

What do you know exactly? All we have been shown is a few videos that reveal next to nothing and everyone is already hailing it the best cricket game ever. The AC people did the exact same thing and told everyone it would have all the features and be amazing then we started hearing of complications and delays. The same is happening here.

I disagree when he says that good games dont always sell. Its understandable that a good action game may not sell well but thats because there are hundreds of them. Same with the idea that mcdonalds are the best marketed burgers, yes thats true but theyre competing with so many burger outlets. This game has one competitor which hasnt even released, if its any good then cricket fans will buy it. In fact releasing at the time of the ashes means the hype may wven pull in some other fans. I dont believe you can sell a cricket game with the main selling point that its the best cricket game, it needs to be sold in thr heat of the moment. The trail is running cold...

Users who are viewing this thread