Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

That was in units of sales, profit wise we are still trying to work out if profit is at all possible given the expected retail price.

wow... so you're planning to sell it in a market where you are not sure if it's even possible to make a profit? (that's more Ned Flanders than Hank Scorpio!)

wow... so you're planning to sell it in a market where you are not sure if it's even possible to make a profit? (that's more Ned Flanders than Hank Scorpio!)

Lol... we have to make a profit - we trying to work out how others are doing it so we can do it too :)

Just release a mod for EA Cricket...

Yeah numbers are not great but the positive side is that its on the right track and few years back no one in india have thought of opening a retail store selling games only but now its a reality.
Ross flipkart is the best place to buy games in india though they didnot shippedpre ordered gta 5 on the launched day.

Nothing would surprise me less to see folks ripping content from the BigAnt product when it's out and doing a mod for EA07 and calling it "EA Don Bradman Cricket"... Hell, plenty of my mods for AC09 were stolen and re-purposed for EA07. Paraphrasing Ian Malcom; Morons find a way...

Nothing would surprise me less to see folks ripping content from the BigAnt product when it's out and doing a mod for EA07 and calling it "EA Don Bradman Cricket"... Hell, plenty of my mods for AC09 were stolen and re-purposed for EA07. Paraphrasing Ian Malcom; Morons find a way...

Thats a reality

HA! Has it already happened? Link?

As ross said having asian commentators in subcontinent matches is more about game depth than attracting indian customers so it should be there may be in next title to add more feel to the game.

I think my comment about having a sub-continent commentator has taken a totally unexpected and different route.

My point of having at least one sub-continent commentator (I will always prefer Rameez Raja, or Ravi Shastri as the 2nd choice) was just for adding 'depth' to an already awesome game. Attracting Indian or Pakistani 'buyers' wasn't even at the back of my mind - as, sadly, the reality won't differ from just having a sub-continent commentator.

On the commentators thing, the more accents and people you get in of the cricketing world, the better. Adds to the gaming experience IMO.

May be the game could assign commentators for every game in a particular manner so we don't hear an Aussie commentating in an IndoPak match or an Indian in an Ashes Test. Something for the future iterations perhaps.

My point of having at least one sub-continent commentator (I will always prefer Rameez Raja, or Ravi Shastri as the 2nd choice) was just for adding 'depth' to an already awesome game.
Totally agree. Regardless of the sales in India - Indian cricket has a massive impact on the game - it's a very different atmosphere and a mixture of accents in the commentary box can help bring that across.

I certainly think test matches in India are up there with the Ashes for us.

Lol... we have to make a profit - we trying to work out how others are doing it so we can do it too :)

-Draw comparisons with C07

-Hide the "controller only" thing

-Get Dhoni to say a few words about your product (hell even Gayle would do after IPL)

-Ask NS Siddhu to write a 'sher' on your game *Thoko Tali*

-Hide the 4th place digit of the price tag during promotions (if at all you do them)

Way to go! :p

On the commentators thing, the more accents and people you get in of the cricketing world, the better. Adds to the gaming experience IMO...

One of the reasons I love Cricket 09 is for this very feature. Lots of great accents from around the cricket world and local-based, so when you played against (or for) in the West Indies you got Michael Holding. In Australia, Greig and Warne... lots of variety in commentary there.

Users who are viewing this thread