Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I haven't changed my sig or avatar in ages, being a bit cheeky or having a jab here or there I thought was ok but some people took things too far so I believe I have toned it down a lot.

I think it's fair to say that we all know that if Ashes 2013 passes TRC's then it is to be put in a box regardless. As would have been the case last time too if had obtained approval during the English Ashes series.

People on here gave MikeF the benefit of the doubt, they have been welcoming, kind and forgiving, he has treated them poorly and with disrespect. The current issues are entirely of his own making.

And that's all MikeF is making because it doesn't seem like they're making anything else.

I haven't changed my sig or avatar in ages, being a bit cheeky or having a jab here or there I thought was ok but some people took things too far so I believe I have toned it down a lot.

I think it's fair to say that we all know that if Ashes 2013 passes TRC's then it is to be put in a box regardless. As would have been the case last time too if had obtained approval during the English Ashes series.

People on here gave MikeF the benefit of the doubt, they have been welcoming, kind and forgiving, he has treated them poorly and with disrespect. The current issues are entirely of his own making.

I just couldn't write "wrong thread" again. There was no accusation therein, apart from perhaps challenging another 79Cricket assumption. :)

Agreed it's the wrong thread but I think it's better for me to post here as the least inappropriate thread :)

I'll show you my inappropriate thread...

Slow scoring and running out your skipper:

Geoff Boycott's cricket!!!!

reading about Basil D'Oliveira, and how in 1964 he was serving his qualification for Worcestershire. He was already in his 30s though had told Worcester he was late 20s (he looked young, when he was 30 Wes Hall thought he was 19). Due to growing up under apartheid he had never had any formal training and knew he was too old to take a couple of years getting used to county cricket. While playing in the Lancashire leagues and Second XI cricket he would watch the county game as much as possible to learn. he decided his usual way (basically, smash it) wouldn't work and he would change. he decided to give the first hour to the bowler - only worry about scoring off bad balls and concentrate on not getting out. in the second hour of the innings, once he felt "in", that's when he would become more expansive and play more like his "natural" game.

if you take out all the scoring stuff, plus the self-indulgent stuff about the second hour, that's exactly how i'll be playing career mode!

guys please help me, I tried installing the Cricket Academy Beta 0.99 but it crashes every time I run it.
It crashes at the point when it says "setting up default profile data"..
my pc specs: intel i3 processor, amd 7750 1gd, and 4gb ram

@blockerdave, I wonder how long you can bat for, blocking, leaving, ducking without scoring a run... Obviously you have to take the single if its on though? Interesting challenge!!!!!

@blockerdave, I wonder how long you can bat for, blocking, leaving, ducking without scoring a run... Obviously you have to take the single if its on though? Interesting challenge!!!!!

oh i take every run going - it's just it's usually the result of an edge...

i have three shots in my locker - forward defensive, square cut, and hook/pull. if it's short and wide i cut or hook depending on line. everything else i pull out the forward defensive. if i'm really "in" i might risk a nudge or a nurdle for one or two. far more likely to try that at the end of an over though so i keep the strike.

in career mode, looking after "my guy", i reckon i could block all day and never lose patience, because "i" am batting. in a general game it'd be a different story.

i was once playing my mate at pro evo - he was much better than me. some how i managed to score with basically the last kick of the first half to go in 1-0 up. i had kick off at the start of the second half, and i managed to retain possession for the entire second half - he literally didn't touch the ball once. i had no thought of shooting, sending in a cross, anything. nothing to let him get the ball. it was 6 minute half i think. THAT's how i bat.

Yea I meant on the game!!! You could probably watch the crowd filtering outta the ground at 11:10 on 1st day of test match!!!!! Lol

Yea I meant on the game!!! You could probably watch the crowd filtering outta the ground at 11:10 on 1st day of test match!!!!! Lol

every game for me will be like jack russell supporting athers in joburg! even a 20/20!!

-------

Edit - just checked the scorecard: 235 balls for 29 runs. That's what I call batting.

I remember watching it!!! You have to feel for Atherton, his test stats don't do him justice, we were shocking in those days!!!!!!

yeah, he also played against some seriously good opening partnerships - wasim/waqar; donald/pollock; mcgrath/gillespie; ambrose/walsh... not many easy runs there!

his dodgy back didn't help much either.

Some of the players around him weren't up to it!! Martin Moxon!!!!! What a joke!!!!! I liked Stewart,Thorpe and Robin Smith, but from Gooch retiring to Trescothick there was nobody!!! Stewart for all his runs didn't open for Surrey. Hick Ramprakash Butcher Crawley Fairbrother all very good county players but just didn't do it at test level!!!

oh i take every run going - it's just it's usually the result of an edge...

i have three shots in my locker - forward defensive, square cut, and hook/pull. if it's short and wide i cut or hook depending on line. everything else i pull out the forward defensive. if i'm really "in" i might risk a nudge or a nurdle for one or two. far more likely to try that at the end of an over though so i keep the strike.

in career mode, looking after "my guy", i reckon i could block all day and never lose patience, because "i" am batting. in a general game it'd be a different story.

i was once playing my mate at pro evo - he was much better than me. some how i managed to score with basically the last kick of the first half to go in 1-0 up. i had kick off at the start of the second half, and i managed to retain possession for the entire second half - he literally didn't touch the ball once. i had no thought of shooting, sending in a cross, anything. nothing to let him get the ball. it was 6 minute half i think. THAT's how i bat.

I hate how I wanted to be like you BD on AC09 and IC10, but I would always go out blocking, so I adopted the "rather go out hitting", hope DBC14 is a different case, how I'm waiting for this game

Users who are viewing this thread