Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Create a scenario would be nice yes, but for now individual matches and tours are enough for me.

2005 Ashes would be one to do but I think I'll wait for the patch for that.

"Create a Scenario" feature would be great from longevity perspective. If I want to recreate the 438-434 odi, or Botham's Ashes I can do so. Currently we can only recreate the teams, squads and kits, but if we have this feature, we can literally replicate any scenario and pick up from wherever we want to continue playing the scenario.

"Create a Scenario" feature would be great from longevity perspective. If I want to recreate the 438-434 odi, or Botham's Ashes I can do so. Currently we can only recreate the teams, squads and kits, but if we have this feature, we can literally replicate any scenario and pick up from wherever we want to continue playing the scenario.

that will be excellent, there is so many one can recreate!:cheers

that will be excellent, there is so many one can recreate!:cheers

I already have the following picked out...

1. 434-438 odi between SA & Aus.
2. 1999 tied WC semi between SA & Aus.
3. Botham's Test where he scored a 100 and then Willis (IIRC) blew Aussies away.
4. Laxman's 281 following on 300+ behind against Aussies with likes of McGrath & Warne in the bowling attack.
5. Tied Test between Aus & WI in 1960.
6. Tied Test between Aus & India in mid 80s.

Create a scenario and a test season or club-based manager mode which an option to become test coach would seal the deal in terms of feature number.

Although I'd rather they fleshed out career mode before they did the latter. Having dynamic teams, world competitions (and tri-tournaments?) in career mode and other similar things would improve things a huge amount, before you even think of some of the things that are in MLB The Show or NBA 2k...

Create a scenario and a test season or club-based manager mode which an option to become test coach would seal the deal in terms of feature number.

Although I'd rather they fleshed out career mode before they did the latter. Having dynamic teams, world competitions (and tri-tournaments?) in career mode and other similar things would improve things a huge amount, before you even think of some of the things that are in MLB The Show or NBA 2k...

Yeah would love the managing coaching side of a team, gloating over all the stats. I hope the stat presentation in terms of quality and quantity can be improved. The Cricket Coach game was second to none in this regard.

I finally have the game :D No thanks to Gameseeker. Managed to track it down at my local CEX store though. Now installing the teams using my parents shitty internet. Can't wait for all 79 to get downloaded so I can crack on with some practice before probably starting my career in the morning. Pretty exciting to finally have the game!

Managed to reach an okay total of 228 against the WSC WIndies team. A lower order partnership between Warnie and Lee helped.

2014_05_17_15_27_54.jpg

here's a question for the devs - does the AI bowl to a plan? the reason I ask is because, when you check out the bowling pattern after each over of pace, the bowling is all over the place. Add that to the fact that, if I score a boundary in the vacant 3rd man area, suddenly there's 1-2 fieldsmen there the next over (leaving a big gap in extra cover or square leg or whatever) which I then use to score. Making the pace bowlers switch over/around the wicket almost every 2nd ball doesn't help either.

I know you guys watch cricket (duh)...but if you watch test cricket, you'll notice a pattern (if the commentators don't alert you to it first) ie.

1. find the batsman's weaknesses (if any)
2. set a field or even a trap
3. bowl to that field
4. stick to it

I've seen the AI set a legside trap and then bowl wide of offstump continuously.

Jackson Bird is sort of the next Glenn McGrath who pretty much bowled line and length in the most difficult area to play ie. good length just outside off (or on a trajectory to hit the offstump). In DB14, he bowls all over the place.

Line/length is what pace bowlers should be aiming for.

Finally saw my first deflected catch last night.. AI smashed it into the silly mid on and it deflected up and the bowler caught it.

Later that night I didn't follow my own suggestion and slogged it right at the silly mid off instead of going around him.. I intentionally did it with a bit of flight as well as the field was empty behind him, just thought I'd loft it for a simple 4.. nope.. went dead into his hands, he didn't even have to move an inch.

Finally saw my first deflected catch last night.. AI smashed it into the silly mid on and it deflected up and the bowler caught it.

Later that night I didn't follow my own suggestion and slogged it right at the silly mid off instead of going around him.. I intentionally did it with a bit of flight as well as the field was empty behind him, just thought I'd loft it for a simple 4.. nope.. went dead into his hands, he didn't even have to move an inch.

lol yep thats happened to me twice ie. bounced off the fielder straight to the bowler :facepalm IRL that fielder would be in the fetal position.

On another note, I finally batted through an innings as opener - Warwickshire vs Northamptonshire (I think...where Siddle plays) - they scored 550/5, we scored 500 all out, they score 175 all out, we have 225 to win. Everything was going well at 0-125 when suddenly my AI team mates just go stupid...I mean REALLY stupid. We lost 6 wickets in 3 overs (Bell/Trott/Troughton/etc) through STUPID shots to a packed field or just played an on drive to a ball straight at offstump ie. shots that you know are just unbelievable considering this is the top/middle order of one of the best county sides in England :facepalm I almost threw my controller at the TV again. :mad

In the end I had to hog the strike and guide us home. Its as if the AI had this preset 'must lose' mentality. Totally ridiculous. I know there are issues with AI batting, etc but this really kills the career mode. One thing this did bring to mind though (and I think it was discussed previously) is an 'AI Mentality' setting ie. if you're the established batsman, you should be able to influence the mentality of the incoming batsman ie. play defensive, or ramp it up or go aggessive, etc.

Had some really good DRS moments on the weekend. First one was where the AI called on it when I just knew it was no where near.. ended up both hitting outside the line and going about a ball width over the bails, was a fine deflection off the upper hip. Funny thing was, now that I think about it, I swear the keeper missed catching it and deflected it into first slips hands (ala Broad).

Second decision was given out against my AI striker. Full tossed spinner that look liked it had impacted outside the line of leg stump. The ball actually got stuck in the batsman leg pads flap (second time I've seen this), but the impact was just outside of the line of the stump, so decision was reversed.

lol yep thats happened to me twice ie. bounced off the fielder straight to the bowler :facepalm IRL that fielder would be in the fetal position.

On another note, I finally batted through an innings as opener - Warwickshire vs Northamptonshire (I think...where Siddle plays) - they scored 550/5, we scored 500 all out, they score 175 all out, we have 225 to win. Everything was going well at 0-125 when suddenly my AI team mates just go stupid...I mean REALLY stupid. We lost 6 wickets in 3 overs (Bell/Trott/Troughton/etc) through STUPID shots to a packed field or just played an on drive to a ball straight at offstump ie. shots that you know are just unbelievable considering this is the top/middle order of one of the best county sides in England :facepalm I almost threw my controller at the TV again. :mad

In the end I had to hog the strike and guide us home. Its as if the AI had this preset 'must lose' mentality. Totally ridiculous. I know there are issues with AI batting, etc but this really kills the career mode. One thing this did bring to mind though (and I think it was discussed previously) is an 'AI Mentality' setting ie. if you're the established batsman, you should be able to influence the mentality of the incoming batsman ie. play defensive, or ramp it up or go aggessive, etc.

This is the biggest issue compromising the ongoing playability of the game IMO

The mods created for the PC version can they be shared through CA for console players as well??

Users who are viewing this thread