Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Hi Tandy. HBK mentions earlier in this post that the temporary work around is to appeal a bit later, once the wicket keeper has the ball in hand for a while. Apparently it should leave enough time to appeal.

Its not ideal, but at least it might keep you going for a bit!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mode: End of/ leaving game in Online and Competition
Match type: n/a
Over: n/a
Ground: various
Teams: various
Get best: no
Description of issue:
This has happened four times now. The game has frozen, I've left it for a while, and eventually had to restart the console
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126985&stc=1&d=1404481357

I had two guys just on this today for the whole day - couldn't make it happen - we'll try again on Monday but are scratching our heads as to what could be up as it's only happening to a small percentage of the userbase.

sweet magee

County Cricketer
Very random thought about the saving thing - I save to...not sure what you call it...but an external drive that clips onto the left-hand side of the Xbox. Don't know if that's what most people use or whether memory cards in the USB slots is more common ? Only mention it in case it's an issue saving to a hard drive, rather than to a memory card but I'd guess most people use a drive to save to.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very random thought about the saving thing - I save to...not sure what you call it...but an external drive that clips onto the left-hand side of the Xbox. Don't know if that's what most people use or whether memory cards in the USB slots is more common ? Only mention it in case it's an issue saving to a hard drive, rather than to a memory card but I'd guess most people use a drive to save to.

Good point - what are the devices people are saving to?

tandy45

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Tandy. HBK mentions earlier in this post that the temporary work around is to appeal a bit later, once the wicket keeper has the ball in hand for a while. Apparently it should leave enough time to appeal.

Its not ideal, but at least it might keep you going for a bit!

Ahh fair enough I didn't see it :), cheers for that.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is it an external or internal drive, USB or MS Drive?

Maybe you can also check what model of Xbox 360 folks are facing issues on. It could be that a particular model (a la PS3, PS3 slim, PS3 super slim etc.) is the one where the problem's occuring.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Internal hard drive. Xbox slim console locked up on exiting the game.
Had a small issue with two fielders not attempting to catch a ball which dropped between them. They both stood frozen to the spot.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Mode: Online
Match Type: 5/5
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 3rd over
Ground: University Oval
Teams: Otago
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: Ball hit near a fielder, moving moderate to fast but slowing. The fielder ran beside it, then got behind it and then back-peddled over the boundary and only just ran back in to stop the ball from being a boundary just in time. He auto-dived. I almost thought he'd caused me to conceed a four, it was done so close.

Yeap , I see this alot with the fielder at the Deep Square Leg Boundary . Its like overall the Fielders have all been inserted with lead in their shoes , sometimes just deciding to take a casual jog to the ball.

Rabin

School Cricketer
I don't know if it's applicable here, but I had two bugs in the past on other games that were caused by hardware issues on my PS3.

The first was because I had a 1TB Drive in my PS3 and something in a particular game did not like that drive. I switched it for a different brand and it worked.

The second was in BF4 (and still exists afaik) where the game would freeze on the 'Rainy Day' loading screen and not progress. I hunted that one down and it turns out that the game won't run unless the controller that started it is Controller No. 1 in the list. I had a Logitech steering wheel plugged in which was by default Number 1 and the DS3 became Controller 2. The workaround is just to change the controller to No. 1 before the game hits that screen.

Just a sample of the daft errors that can pop up, in case anyone was interested.

dawesy49

Club Cricketer
So just on this fielders gathering in the middle, play not continuing issue.

We have identified it, we found it not long after Patch 2 submission and it's been fixed in the PC version since release.

The issue was surrounding the player appealing at the same time as the ball is edged and caught from the keeper (specifically the issue is when the ball is caught by the keeper and the system is calculating that there has been a fall of wicket and what to do from there).

So the temporary fix from our point of view, is to slightly delay your appeals to JUST after the keeper has taken the ball. You will still have enough time to appeal and it will cause this issue to not be seen or be a lot less visible then.
Sooooo you're fixing it for the consoles? Like ASAP or we have to wait?

Lewisone87

School Cricketer
Good point - what are the devices people are saving to?

Ive tried saving to my hard drive on the 360 and the game kept freezing. Tried saving to the cloud and exactly the same thing happened just now. I have no idea what else to do as I can no longer play the game with the new patch on my xbox 360.

YouBears

School Cricketer
The hard drive. I'll test it on the cloud later and see how it goes

Can I suggested deleting all files relating to dbc (make a backup on USB stick if needs be) delete the cache from your xbox, then loading the game up and trying again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread