Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are no free hits then shouldn't the umpire not be signalling 'free hit' otherwise it's a tad misleading.
The umpire will only signal the no ball if there is not a free hit in the match type.

Mode: Casual (on pro)
Match Type: TEST MATCH
Over Count around 18 at the start of the game.
Ground: Not sure
Teams: Aussies vs Zim
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: I was batting and doing well at 3 for 122 of around 18 overs when a very strange bug i have not seen before happened.

AI bowler hit his hand on the stumps as he was about to let go of the ball, now the problem was he did not know what to do. I could practice my shots but the AI just froze as the next ball never came. PS I had to turn off my PC and after loading the game again steam warned me that no updates can happen as there was a lose of power. I also lost the game as it did not save.

Mode: Career
Match Type: Numerous
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):
Ground: Numerous
Teams: Warwickshire
Get Best:
Description of Issue: It has happened on several occasions, but only when I took a wicket caught behind from my bowling. I'm unsure if it's because I pressed appeal before the ball was caught, however the game stops. It doesn't freeze, but the players congregate around the middle of the pitch. They are stood around applauding me and are stuck in that animation. The batsman are still stood at the crease and any attempt at menu activity such as replay, save and exit, is queued. The only thing I can do is forfeit the match.
No replays or cutscenes were shown and the wicket hasn't been added to the scorecard. It's happened 4 times now in career mode, all incidents have occurred since the patch. I'm on PS3. Anyone else had this issue?

Not really a bug but more of an anomoly.

Playing England in a t20 I had them 5/110 off 17 overs chasing ~160.

So 50 off 3 overs which is tough but not impossible in a t20 especially with 5 wickets in hand.

The batsman were Jos Butler and Moeen Ali and fo some reason the AI made no effort to go for the target. There were even a couple of leaves (which hadn't happened in the previous 17 overs) and some defensive shots. Not once did the AI try to go big despite the fact that Ali was well set and top scored!

Ended up at 6/~125 after the 20 overs with Buttler on 12(18)*

Waht made it even more bizarre was that it was the last game of a trianglular t20 (with Pakistan) and the loss meant that England missed the final; so you'd think that they would have even more incentive to go for broke.

Anyone else notice any similar pacing issues?

Edit: I've also noticed that (on Pro) I can generally restrict the AI to <130 in a t20. This is regardless of whether they finish at 9/130 or 2/130. Seems to be a resource managment issue (ie - no compulsion for the AI to really go for it in the last few overs even when they have wickets in hand).

yep been well discussed that AI situational awareness needs tweaking somewhat.
No cricket game has ever got close to nailing this aspect of game right

The umpire will only signal the no ball if there is not a free hit in the match type.

But what @cricket_online is saying is that the umpire signalled a no ball and then a free hit and if you're saying that there isn't any free hit in the Pro40 then that's a bug isn't it?

But what @cricket_online is saying is that the umpire signalled a no ball and then a free hit and if you're saying that there isn't any free hit in the Pro40 then that's a bug isn't it?

I'll need to check the Pro 40 no-balls again. I played the English T20 Cup and Pro 40 on the same day so may well be thinking about the T20 free hit being signalled. I was so accustomed to getting free hit after a no-ball that I assumed I was getting the free hits. In fact I was playing lofted shots after a no-ball in Pro 40 Cup and the only time I realized there was a problem was when I was dismissed.

If it helps I have bben able to play 3 games with batting/bowling and after crashes previously have now found a solution for my machine.

On the menu if you click 'simulate' instead of 'simulate to career player' then it can take abit longer to play a match, but the game doesn't crash on exit.

After trying 'simulate' I went back to 'simulate to career player' and guess what it crashed.

At the moment we have this scenario:

Old machine:

TheMugs profile & save = crash
BigAnt profile & save = no crash
Copy of TheMug to BigAnt profile then back to TheMug = crash

Newer machine:

TheMugs profile & save = no crash
Copy of TheMug to BigAnt profile then back to TheMug = no crash

Dev kit:

We have done literally hundreds of tests, online, offline, simulate, don't simulate, cloud, no cloud, etc etc

We continue to work on this, at this stage it looks like the dominant factors are a combination of profile and machine.

----------

Please remember that we cannot test on retail, only MS can do that, we are flying quite blind.

Last edited:
At the moment we have this scenario:

Old machine:

TheMugs profile & save = crash
Copy of TheMug to BigAnt profile then back to TheMug = crash

Newer machine:

Dev kit:

We have done literally hundreds of tests, online, offline, simulate, don't simulate, cloud, no cloud, etc etc

We continue to work on this, at this stage it looks like the dominant factors are a combination of profile and machine.

----------

Please remember that we cannot test on retail, only MS can do that, we are flying quite blind.

Hey guys, I don't know if this helps.
I play on a old xbox console around 2007ish and I get the crash, but I never get the crash if I load up another game first.
Like for example, when I play dbc I'll load up call of duty and play a match online for ten minutes and then I'll swap the discs and disconnect from the net and I won't get a crash. But if I try play dbc straight away I'll get a crash.
Hope this helps you guys some what.

Something else for us to try, thanks.

A couple of other small annoyances I've been noticing:

1. The way the AI seems to be able to play a sort of late cut to full balls on middle stump over the head of 1st and 2nd slip; sometimes for 6. I thought it might be one of those animation/physics not synching issues but for the life of me I can't think how it would be physically possible for a batsman to hit a half volley on middle/middle and off in that direction with that much power. Vaguely remember such shots being an annoyance in IC10 (although this is not in the same league as the infamous "hook shot off yorkers")

2. Not sure if this is as a result of Patch 2 or if it's more noticable post patch due to the increased edges I'm getting. It's bad enough that most of my edges (off pace bowlers) drop short of the keeper (I bowled a wide halfvolley at 151kph and the edge still didn't carry!) but now my keepers (using different teams, so different keepers) seem to be in the habit of turning around and taking a couple of steps away from the ball before turning back and collecting the ball on the half volley. Why! Just stay where you and take the Tweaking catch!

yep been well discussed that AI situational awareness needs tweaking somewhat.
No cricket game has ever got close to nailing this aspect of game right

Thanks, must have missed that discussion.

What seems odd is that (in t20's at least) the AI pacing is almost there. Aggressive during the powerplay to take advantage of the field restrictions; consolidates and ties to preserve wickets in the middle ~10 overs while still trying to keep in sight of the target.

What seems to be lacking is the final push at the end to either set a big total or chase down the score. if anything they tend to slow down in the final 2-3 overs regardles of wickets in hand.

apologies if this has been addressed before but a search didnt throw up any answers -

1) what happened to the landing circle. have it enabled but it doesnt show up

2) how do i generate match result when those damn cowards quit games (ie Option to take win/loss for online matches that finish early (disconnect)). i dont get any such choice when people quit/disconnect

We are having a near perfect game and below issues are blowing this feeling away... I played a test match between Ind/ Eng.

Below are some issues and categorized according to my point of view

Blocker/ Critical issues
1. All shots without triggers going in the air. Even full toss balls. Doesn't matter if you time or not. AI plays all ground shots. This is unfair.
2. I took a spinner (Moin Ali) for the AI and he never came to bowl. Total overs bowled were 80.
3. All pull hook shots go in air.
4. There has to be an option to push the ball in addition to blocking for taking singles.

Major issues
1. AI fielder walks towards the ball rather running towards it. I could get 3 runs towards long on. Fielder was placed at same position.
2. Ball never loses its shine
3. There is no noticeable uneven bounce on 4th/ 5th day pitch
4. AI batsmen hits late cuts for full pitched balls on middle stumps and get boundaries.
5. Spin doesnt happen a great deal on 4th/ 5 th day of tes matches
6. Only one catch went to the slips out of 15 even after patch 2. Rest of the catches were taken by the keeper.
7. Overcast conditions shows too much light on the ground.

Minor issues
1. Never experienced rain.
2. Replays should be shown when LBW appeals are put down by umpires.
3. After a catch drop, the automatic replay should not start from bowler's run up.

I've just selected a new career, and made a batting all rounder, no 5 and have managed 2 games with various saves in between and no crashes!. I haven't played as a batting all-rounder since patch 2. Hopefully this will keep working! 5 fer 24 from 9 in my first P40! and only 2 runs. Hope I can keep this career

I see someone reported this back in April, but it's still happening so probably needs a bump. Under custom matches, every hosted match always shows up as 20 overs. Most of them, when joined, are actually T5 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread