Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see someone reported this back in April, but it's still happening so probably needs a bump. Under custom matches, every hosted match always shows up as 20 overs. Most of them, when joined, are actually T5 matches.
Yeah I've noticed this - T20 games appear as 40 over though so it seems to just be F5 games that show the incorrect number.

Hey guys, I don't know if this helps.
I play on a old xbox console around 2007ish and I get the crash, but I never get the crash if I load up another game first.
Like for example, when I play dbc I'll load up call of duty and play a match online for ten minutes and then I'll swap the discs and disconnect from the net and I won't get a crash. But if I try play dbc straight away I'll get a crash.
Hope this helps you guys some what.

This still working for you? Anyone else?

May have already been said and tested, but could clearing the cache help?

How to Clear Cache on Xbox 360

I remember having some trouble with FIFA corrupting my squads and freezing/crashing a while ago and this was the fix.

Hope you get to the bottom of this soon :thumbs.

I see someone reported this back in April, but it's still happening so probably needs a bump. Under custom matches, every hosted match always shows up as 20 overs. Most of them, when joined, are actually T5 matches.
I think that's because anyone who sets up a custom match and hosts it, also gets chucked in the pool of people as potential opponents for a 'quick match' - where all games are Five5.

That means no one randomly gets thrown from the Quick Match option into a Test match. But means that if you want to play an online T20 or something like that, you would only get your choice of match type if an opponent joins you directly from the Custom Match screen.

At least that's the only time I've noticed that happening, where a user I saw offering a T20 match ended up being my F5 opponent when I went to Quick Match.

That means no one randomly gets thrown from the Quick Match option into a Test match. But means that if you want to play an online T20 or something like that, you would only get your choice of match type if an opponent joins you directly from the Custom Match screen.

That's the scenario I'm talking about - I see a someone hosting a T20 match under Custom Match, and hit join intending to play T20 - only to discover it's a T5 match after all.

I think you're right that anyone who hosts a Quick Match gets listed under Custom Match - except it incorrectly lists them as 20 over games.

The team that bats second always seems to win....irrespective of how many runs are posted by team batting first. If I lose the toss and are put in to bat first by A/I....I don't bother playing on....just shut game down and restart.

Hey guys, I don't know if this helps.
I play on a old xbox console around 2007ish and I get the crash, but I never get the crash if I load up another game first.
Like for example, when I play dbc I'll load up call of duty and play a match online for ten minutes and then I'll swap the discs and disconnect from the net and I won't get a crash. But if I try play dbc straight away I'll get a crash.
Hope this helps you guys some what.

quite unbelievable - we are being asked to even consider things like this!

i ended up just buying a new console to be able to play and save the game

..........incidentally i offered to send my old crashing console to big ant - no response!

big ant and their dodgy patch code - enthusiastic amateurs springs to mind!

postscript - i think the patched game is ace - and once all the issues are resolved - it will be the best yet!!

Last edited:
How many times do you have to be told that it is actually a problem with the hardware?

so how come it saved pre-patch?

wise up man!

ps - i'm not gonna get into another spat with u on this - my post simply reflects my opinion

Last edited:
How come it saves to MOST Xboxes and EVERY ps3 and PC?

EDIT

ps - i'm not gonna get into another spat with u on this - my post simply reflects my opinion

We can always settle this , man to man over a best of 5 series of
tic-tact-toe...? ;)

Last edited:

........as i said - i got myself a new console to be able to play/save

it does appear to be a problem with certain consoles - but because the problem wasn't there pre-patch - it is deffo the patch code that has introduced the problem - no?

----------

EDIT

We can always settle this , man to man over a best of 5 series of
tic-tact-toe...? ;)

..........now i like ur style!!! :) - may the stupidest man win!!

The fact that it works on vast majority of consoles would suggest the code is fine.

Im really not the disagreeable type Dougie, I just like a good debate!!

The fact that it works on vast majority of consoles would suggest the code is fine.

..........but it can't be fine if it causes older consoles to crash!

and i'm not bitter at all - i just had to pay a lot more money than i expected to be able to play a game i love - and i do love it!

its turned out (for me!) to be the most expensive game ever (?150) - but i actually think it's been worth it - how sad am i?

Last edited:
And that deserves kudos!! After all I think planet cricket members should be carrying the torch with this game cos it is the best we've had!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread