Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it love it love......well played Big Ant. If i was to be picky i would say that the bails are removed by the fielding team too often for my liking (by both AI and player).....thats my only issue from the first two hours of play. Loving it. :thumbs

Can anyone tell me why in career mode, my bowling all rounder which is a fast bowler starts a spell at 148ish kms and ends being in the low 110s by the 5th over of a spell? Is this my fault or the game?
Thanks for any help!

One Day/Aus v Eng/Veteran/SCG/no teams downloaded

Yeah, I'm currently bowling 'fast' at 90km/h - pretty consistently. The AI isn't slogging it everywhere, so it's not like I'm bowling bad balls at it.

One Day/Aus v Eng/Veteran/SCG/no teams downloaded

Yeah, I'm currently bowling 'fast' at 90km/h - pretty consistently. The AI isn't slogging it everywhere, so it's not like I'm bowling bad balls at it.

Weak thumbs probably.

Edit: have you tested out the slower and faster ball triggers yet?

Last edited:
Edit: have you tested out the slower and faster ball triggers yet?
Just did a 'slower ball' with the triggers - 76km/h - batsman blocked it.

Bowling with 'Jones' and 'Mata' - Jones is slightly faster in the mid-90s, while Mata is high 80s and low 90s.

Can anyone tell me why in career mode, my bowling all rounder which is a fast bowler starts a spell at 148ish kms and ends being in the low 110s by the 5th over of a spell? Is this my fault or the game?
Thanks for any help!

is there some sort of stamina stat that needs to be raised or do you need to conserve energy for long spells and try to bowl a bit slower with the occasional effort ball?

Just did a 'slower ball' with the triggers - 76km/h - batsman blocked it.

Bowling with 'Jones' and 'Mata' - Jones is slightly faster in the mid-90s, while Mata is high 80s and low 90s.

For those playing along at home, Mitchell Johnson and Clint McKay respectively

is there some sort of stamina stat that needs to be raised or do you need to conserve energy for long spells and try to bowl a bit slower with the occasional effort ball?

There's one at the start when you select attributes, but you can't change it once you start a career. And nothing obvious that I have seen or read about saving energy, but it's not realistic to drop 40kms in 5 overs, or at all.. Maybe like 10 by the end of a long day in the field. But I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not

The match itself is going great, so it seems like this is entirely visual:
fK2fJkQ.jpg

Can't imagine I can bat well enough to win, but certainly at higher difficulty levels the scores get much more realistic.

Once I start my career mode I'll be doing so on either Veteran or Legend - just because I know I can leave the bulk of the runscoring up to the rest of the team and focus on perfecting my bowling.

When you refer to "this" being entirely visual, what are you referring to?

Fast bowlers bowling at 90km/h - doesn't impact the gameplay and seems to just be a display error.

Fast bowlers bowling at 90km/h - doesn't impact the gameplay and seems to just be a display error.

It definitely looks slower though, and the ball doesn't carry to the keeper so well either. I've had a few edges drop short or the keeper dive forward

Just a reminder, this isn't a bug. It's a request and to be honest, having an animation just for one player on the game (nobody else in cricket bowls like Malinga) just isn't going to happen.

IN blc07 there were couple of bowlers like akthar, malinga etc who were fast and furious has a separate bowling action just to make the user feel that the fast deliveries they bowl is of legitimate bowling action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread