Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the game, only played 1 five over game (player v Player) and 1 t20 (v AI) so far but looking forward to getting into it.

I noticed the following Bug:

Mode: Tour
Match Type: t20 (warmup match)
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 7th over of second innings, AI batting
Ground: ?Get best? Durhams home ground (whatever that is)
Teams: My custome team vs ?Get Best? Durham
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: Bowled a full ball at the batsmans pads hit them and rolled onto the stumps dislodging the bails. No appeal no reaction. Game continued and registered it as a dot ball (ie not a no ball or anything). Replayed it a couple of times to make sure and definitely hit the stumps and dislodged bails. Unfortunately phone was dead so could not record it.

The following are not bugs but more design issues which in my opinion should be addressed in any patch to improve the game play experience:

Issues:
1) Lack of Fielding Radar ? I flagged this as an issue before I got the game and my limited play has confirmed it. The lack of fielding radar causes 2 issues:
a. In 2 players we both stopped to check the field repeatedly which really slowed down the pace of the game and caused the game to drag out
b. In single player playing against Durham in there black/dark blue kits under lights, I often lost players on the boundary against the backdrop and crowd. Got out twice hitting to what I though were vacant boundaries only to get caught in the deep. This was on a brand new 65inch HD Samsung so can hardly blame the display. I know they want to reduce HUD to enhance realism but the batsman not seeing a fielder and wide long off is not realistic.

2) Player Roles and Abilities when ?tweaking? Line Up ? When tweaking the standard line ups before a game you can view the player role (batsman, bowler, allrounder) but not what they are (spin, pace etc) or any of their attributes or abilities which makes selection difficult unless you know the players inside out. The option to view skills and attributes may be there and I may have missed it, if so I apologise.

3) Bowler abilities ? as far as I could see, the only thing you could view when changing bowlers was their ?helmet? level, what type of bowler and how many overs they had bowled. It seems odd that you can?t view their attributes or fatigue before bowling, especially as R3 lets you view the batsman?s strengths and weaknesses but not your own. Again it may be there already, if I missed it I apologise.

4) Pitch Conditions ? When pitch condition is set to ?random? you only find out what the conditions are like after you have selected your line-up. This resulted in me going into a t20 with 4 seamers and part time offie only to find out that the wicket was crumbling (the AI seems to have known what the conditions would be like and selected 3 spinners ? or maybe that was just the default). Really you should be able to asses the conditions before settling your line-up. Random should mean that the game decides the conditions for you ? not that it?s a complete surprise until the moment you step into the middle. (side note ? match in early April in Durham and the pitch is crumbling ? wtf?)

Congrats to Big Ant on their great work? I have a suspicion that more goodies are on the way to thank you for your work :)

fK2fJkQ.jpg

I've noticed a bug: Luke Wright seems to have scored runs. This is game breaking and should be fixed as soon as possible...

Fast bowlers bowling at 90km/h - doesn't impact the gameplay and seems to just be a display error.
If you're bowling at 90km/h with a fast bowler then it's likely to be something to do with your timing on the jump and/or release being too early or late. If you have the bowling assistance HUD up and nail it with perfect jump and good length then at minimum on the on-disc fast bowler's like M.Jones should bowl around 140+km/h.

Wouldn't the AI be smashing me around the park if I was consistently bowling that badly though?

I can't turn the hud on because of the difficulty level, so can't check that.

Bigant I just had a strange problem just happen to me.

I loaded up the game after a good sleep and i had to download best teams again and all my stats are gone from yesterday. Now i was playing the game bad so i am not to annoyed but is there a reason why something like this would happen.

PS Has anyone else had this problem,i am on PS3.:spy

Wouldn't the AI be smashing me around the park if I was consistently bowling that badly though?

I can't turn the hud on because of the difficulty level, so can't check that.
Match Practice allows the HUD at any difficulty. It won't show your speed, but it will at least let you know whether you're bowling within the good ranges or not.

Bowling slow isn't the only element in what defines bowling bad, there's a number of factors that get taken into account that make a poor quality ball. If you still keep a tight line and length then the AI won't destroy you all the time.

The game needs a fielding radar. Hard to distinguish players in the deep.

Also needs a better broadcast camera angle. Something more in line with what we seen on TV. As most of the cricket we watch is on TV this would make the game more entertaining.

Other than that a very good game so far.
Happier than Pharrell :yes :D

is there an option to show speeds in mph? 90 mph sounds exactly right for a fast bowler. if it was 110 km then I'd say it sounds wrong but 90 just seems a bit too much of a coincidence.

This is question to people who played online, can both users select their prefered camera angles?

is there an option to show speeds in mph? 90 mph sounds exactly right for a fast bowler. if it was 110 km then I'd say it sounds wrong but 90 just seems a bit too much of a coincidence.
Yeah, but I was then bowling around 60MPH.

The AI seems to bowl around the same speed I do.

Wrong place but I found a bug in Planet Cricket, why is 79C said to only be "83% Irrelevant", I've been searching for that 17% and just can't find it :p

Yesterday I was playing an online game against Imhassan. I mistimed an aggressive shot and the ball scooted along the ground to the cover fielder who fielded it. But then I was given out caught at cover? Me and Hassan watched the replay and agreed it was not out.

That was my first online match. I noticed another thing that I think should be mentioned. Everytime I played shot, a black screen appeared for a split second. After four overs of my batting, a black screen came and nothing happened. I had to manually restart the PS3. That has never happened during off line play. Has it happened to any body else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread